SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2013 Part 9 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/304410-class-february-2013-part-9-a.html)

melissa6381 09-24-2013 01:58 PM

1 step-
I grew up with an alcoholic father and still have issues with it. Don't put your kids through this anymore. It's time to surrender. This thing has a serious hold on you and you don't know what to do. Doing things your way isn't working. It's time to get some help. Go to rehab, put someone else in charge of your life so you can focus on beating this thing once and for all. You can do this.

Dee74 09-24-2013 02:23 PM

some great advice here guys :)

I think it's time to get medieval on alcoholism's butt 1step. Do something different - and make a bold statement of how you want the rest of your life to be :)

I hope you did ask the Dr about your options :)

1stepup 09-24-2013 04:21 PM

Thanks all for your comments, appreciate it. Yeah your all right my willpower isn't enough anymore, yes I was 100% honest with my doctor today, he's put me in touch with an alcohol addiction unit and says they will be touch with me for an initial assessment, he's also given me some Librium type tablets to help me through the with drawl period, also stressed the need for me to do an aa meeting EVERY day until they decide whats the best option for me. Went to a great meeting tonight and again was honest and open. There were people there with far worse upbringings and lives than me and it made me realise how selfish im being by drinking. Got a number from a guy I really relate to.GOT to use these numbers when I feel weak from now on.

Been close to the support here aswell and it helps to try and help and encourage others here going through the same and worse stuff. If im brutally honest think in reflection ive looked for pity rather than advice especially when coming down. Time I did this for real and do whatever it takes to stay sober.

Thank you all and well done on staying sober.

melissa6381 09-25-2013 03:03 AM

Thank you for that 1 step. I admire your honesty, bravery, and self reflection. Every time you try to beat this thing you get a little bit better at it. Hang in there, were here for you.

liss74 09-26-2013 12:56 AM

I'm loving my course sooo much :)

liss74 09-26-2013 02:12 PM

Have a great day everyone love you all special people mwa xxxxx

SereneEdition 09-26-2013 09:06 PM

Hi Febbies -

I see upnup came by! Good to see you.

Sounds like we're all getting to the level of making the 'tough' changes we ought to - with good rewards on the other side. Really proud of all of us - and the feedback/support. I really enjoying coming here and hearing how you all are doing.

This week in school has been eye opening. I am doing things quite differently at times - and at some points catching myself do my usual tendencies (notably when I feel like things are getting out of my control zone).

For the first time I 'get' the statement that we stop growing at the age that we pick up. With the start of school, I feel like I'm starting another rapid growth phase - the 'toddler phase' if you will, not with staying sober, but with working through life.

It's not where we start...it's where we end :)

liss74 09-27-2013 01:34 PM

Morning beautiful people have a fantastic day being sober cause you are worth iT :)

liss74 09-27-2013 09:58 PM

Good afternoon guys I'm thinking all our febs are busy bees today lol x

liss74 09-28-2013 08:39 PM

Everyone is awal ??? :(

venuscat 09-28-2013 08:57 PM

Here liss (((hugs))).

Sorry, just got some family stuff to deal with,
and trying to get used to studying as well as working.

My dad had another fall, and my sister has a prolapsed disc.
Just working my way through everything....

Love to everyone,

V xx

liss74 09-28-2013 11:12 PM

I know the feeling ahhhhhh hope u r ok u have a lot goin on mwa xxxxxxx

melissa6381 09-28-2013 11:44 PM

I'm finding the fall weather is triggering me to think about drinking around Bon fires and Halloween and thanksgiving and what not. Pretty soon we will have tackled sobriety through all the seasons and have new sober memories to rely on. Until then my answer will always be no.

melissa6381 09-28-2013 11:45 PM

Also today marks the last day of my self imposed 30 day yoga challenge. Looking forward to being lazy and eating Taco Bell tommorow as a reward

liss74 09-29-2013 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by melissa6381 (Post 4208344)
Also today marks the last day of my self imposed 30 day yoga challenge. Looking forward to being lazy and eating Taco Bell tommorow as a reward

Hahaha go Mel xxxx

SereneEdition 10-02-2013 03:24 AM

Busy here! Things should calm down in the next 2 weeks & I can check in more!
Thinking of you guys in the meantime

venuscat 10-02-2013 03:31 AM

Sorry, I haven't been here either...
Had a very bad day yesterday.
Very bad.
Got some awesome help here on SR though.
I'm a very grateful cat right now.

And still a sober one, which is an enormous blessing.

Love to all,

V xx

melissa6381 10-02-2013 01:06 PM

Glad you're ok V.

Dee74 10-02-2013 01:10 PM

glad you're here today V :)

D

liss74 10-03-2013 11:02 PM

Hope you are ok ? Xxxx