Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 7

Old 09-26-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Yeah, well, I may have to kick him out. I just got done with an hour long conversation with my sponsor and he basically told me that this is a very bad idea. Now that I am back from work we finally get a chance to have a good talk. We will see how this goes.

For the record I am doing fine, I am not freaking out or anything so no worries. Just seeing how this goes.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:53 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Random Guy

And the final decision is that he is going to go. I feel bad but I am getting advice to not help in this case. The person in question hasn't stopped drinking completely. And my sponsor basically told me that one its a risk to me and my progress, which I can see I knew going in that there wasn't any benefit to me except maybe helping someone else. But also I may be hinder him by helping. Protecting him from the misery his continued drinking has caused is keeping him from realizing that he needs to stop. We'll see how it goes for him. I am fine, I just worry a little about him.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:50 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

That's a difficult one INH. I understand completely how torn you must feel.

Thing is, it is your sobriety that must come first. If he's still drinking and living in your home, there's little you can do. And there is a danger for you in being in contact with alcohol and an active drinker in your own space. I can see why your sponsor would be concerned.

As long as this guy knows he can phone you and talk to you, I reckon you are still helping.

Difficult one, you have my sympathies x
Old 09-26-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's a good decision INH.

D
Old 09-27-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I say still drinking, what I mean is sporaticaly drinking and not where he was staying. He would go out for whatever reason and come back a day later having drank in the interim. I would not have had drinking going on in my house, no way in hell lol.

I was hoping to improve his situation, as he is pretty much a homeless streetwalker now. And the people he was staying with are, pretty ****** in my opinion. Most people I can get along with, including them, but I don't like to be around them at all. Hell given the choice of staying with them or sleeping outside, I might choose outside.

Well anyhow its over now, I just hope he'll be alright. More than likely though he'll just end up in jail.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I don't get it INH... is this guy a marine? Or on your course? I think I just thought that because you knew the guys he was living with... surely there is some support network in place...? I met a homeless guy walking the dog some months back who was an alcoholic and had been kicked out of a sober living house and I was able to find him a place to go where someone could help him. I agree that getting involved as an individual may not be the best idea but there must be some community program somewhere for him to go...
Old 09-27-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

as sad as it is sometimes we can't take responsibility for everyone else INH.

D
Old 09-27-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Random Guy

That's almost a direct quote from my sponsor Dee. Don't worry about me ya'll I am fine. Thanks for the thoughts and words.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

I get everywhere INH lol

D
Old 09-27-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

My sponsor would say that by holding him up you are stopping him from reaching his bottom.

Right decision INH, I know it was a tough one for you.

Jen x
Old 09-28-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Another almost direct quote from my sponsor jen. Thankfully he didn't make any fuss about kicking him out.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hello my lovely Marchers.

Long time no speak.

Jobei I admire you for jumping back towards recovery and we're all here for you. Thank you for your honesty. Big hugs to you my friend.

Things are mad busy at my end as usual and I just can not seem to get a minute. I've foolishly let my meetings slip and haven't been to one in over 2 weeks. Haven't been here for about 4 weeks so I guess I know the answer to may strange thinking at the moment.

More effort required on my part. I've planned a meeting for Thursday morning, which I'm looking forward and posting and reading here is making me feel better already.

So how's everyone else doing?

Off to catch up
Take care
Big Hugs
Nicky
xx
Old 09-30-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hey there Dee. Hope your keeping well these days x
Old 09-30-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hey Nicky Lovely to see you. I am glad you're keeping busy, I guess that is what sobriety is all about, living life. I even managed to drag myself to a social occasion myself this evening. Glad you're doing well x
Old 09-30-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries here Nicky

D
Old 10-01-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Hey Nicky, glad you could drop by. Don't feel bad about not checking in, life is in session, we'll "see" you when we "see" ya.

Haha, random funny from my life. You know you go to a sushi place a little to often when they give you your own set of chopsticks which they wash and put aside for the next time you come in. I like sushi
Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I love sushi!

So what was the Social occassion Hypo and did you enjoy yourself, hope so xx
Old 10-01-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi Nicky, great you are around more x I know what you mean about the meetings, I've just dropped my home group, it was causing me more stress than it was helping me, so I'm sort of without a home and just going to meetings when I choose. Of course in reality it means I'm far less likely to go at all, and I haven't for 2 weeks now. But it feels ok. I'm still following the AA principles and I've adapted my own little stay sober programme now.

Hypo has been out and about?! Wow. I'm seeing friends on Friday and it will be the first time I've been out for months! Can't be bothered to make an effort really. I've just got to be careful that work doesn't become the focus of my life and there's no balance. Although....I think it might be too late!

And INH...I've never tried sushi but I don't think I would like it, and I don't know how to use chopsticks. There isn't an ounce of sophistication about me I tell ya!

Have a good day everyone xx
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

It was a concert Nicky, a band I've already seen about 5 times already but went again with some friends who hadn't seen them before. It was nice. It helped that another friend had told the friend I was out with that I had given up drinking, if that's convoluted enough! So she didn't do the ask why I am not drinking thing again. Last time I was surprised I still felt awkward about stuff like that.

I am concerned about my lack to interest going out though. Another friend of mine just text me asking if I wan't to meet up at the weekend and I am furiously trying to think up an excuse not to. My sis wants to pop down so I can do some work on here viola one weekend and I am going to alton towers for a friends birthday at the end of the month... that is enough for me believe it or not. It would mean I have done a grand total of 4 social events this month and I am tired already. I feel like it's rude to say I'll see you next month but I think that is what I might have to do...

I love sushi! But I can't eat it now with the whole vegan thing. I keep finding more food I can't eat but then I find others I can. I found out today that I can eat staffordshire oatcakes so all is well But I did only ever really eat them when I was hungover...
Old 10-02-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hypo I can totally relate regards avoiding social nights out. I did feel like that at one point, not sure when my feelings changed or when exactly I realised I was no longer clock watching on a night out and found myself have genuine fun but it did.

Maybe it will for you too but having said that we all don't have to be party animals and it's whatever you're happy with.

Sometimes there's nothing I like more than a nice hot bubbly bath, pj's, tele and CHOCOLATE.....LOL

Jeni I left my homegroup months and months ago and really enjoy the freedom to pick and choose when and where I attend my meetings.Glad you found the strength to know what was best for you.

Catch you all later
x