Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 7

Old 12-27-2013, 12:31 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Random Guy

It wasn't bad. Not as awkward as I constantly pictured it would be. I got along great with my cousins kids as they weren't used to having a guy around to pick up and throw them around. I got a blanket and some pajamas.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Glad you all had a nice time Love the Blake quote Dee (I like Blake )

Hey James! How are you? x

This week off is going to go much quicker than I thought. I thought I'd be hanging around trying to find stuff to read but I have visitors every other day... Next time I have a chill holiday I am not telling anyone... x
Old 12-29-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

James!! You can't just drop by and not stop to chat! How are you?

I know what you mean about being busy Hypo...it is good in some ways but I'm needing to slow it down a bit otherwise I will be back at work before I have any lazy time. And lazy time is vital for me!!

Off to see my baby brother today...well he's 34 but I still think of him as a baby. I'm looking forward to it. He's had his own issues with drugs in the past and I heard from my Mum (not an altogether reliable source mind you), that he is drinking too much. I would like to see how he is and be supportive if I can. Plus he's got 2 gorgeous little boys for me to play with. I'm fine as long as there are kids for me to relate to...his wife on the other hand is not a very nice person and my tolerance will be tested I'm sure

Have a good day everyone xx
Old 12-29-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

I hope you had a nice, not too testing time Jeni

I have had a good friend visiting today with her new baby. It's been really nice. Tomorrow I have a session which hopefully I will arrive at the right time for! x
Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I've decided that these are my new years resolutions...

10 Things to Give Up in Exchange for Happiness. | elephant journal
Old 12-30-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Random Guy

I read that article Hypo and liked it. I am good at some of those, not so good at others.

I am still hanging out at home, well home town, I'm staying at my uncles right now. I ts been a good time though. I think my family feels bad for me and my sister as we've always been disconnected and now that our mom is gone they wonder who we would have in our lives if we didn't have them. So I think they make a little effort to be accepting, welcoming, and getting to know us better. Well that and maybe they wonder what's been going on with me for the last five or six years lol.

Believe it or not though my family hasn't really brought up a whole lot of questions about what's been going on, why I quit drinking, why still single, or anything. They know I quit of course and they know that the last two years or so have not been the greatest for me but largely they have left it at that. I did scare my uncle for a second lol. I drove him out to a bar to hang out and a couple of his buddies showed up so he went to talk to them. I had been drinking coffee but after three cups I was done with that so I ordered a non-alcoholic beer. They poured it into a glass so it looked the same and I walked up to him holding a fresh glass. He got all wide eyed and said "INH no, not a good idea!". I just kinda chuckled and leaned in to tell him it was non-alcoholic, that put him a little at ease. Even still when he bought a round he made sure to tell them to "make sure to get his right" and eyed the can the got out until he was satisfied it was what I said it was. I thought it was funny, but he told me later when he saw me walk up with that he was pretty scared.

My cousins kids were not as difficult to be around as I thought they would be. Not having kids myself, I tend to think of all the bad things first and not realize that they pretty much just run around looking for fun and attention at least that is how it seems to me as someone who's not a parent.

I've been hanging out with old friends as well and that's been okay most of them are just visiting like myself and it was just a matter of "its that time of year" that we were all in town at the same time. I am thinking that I am ready to go back though and probably will leave tomorrow. after I get my oil changed.

One matter that I find troubling but only mildly is again women. There is a former girlfriend that still lives here that I know still carries a flame for me but unfortunately I don't feel the same. I know it is cold hearted and mean to do and say this but I only dated her at the time because she was someone that would have me. That was 10+ years ago so I was even more young and stupid. We are still friends and I want to stay that way but I also don't want to lead her on any. She is pretty good with it though so I dou t there will be any issues there. Like I said it is only minorly troubling. The other issue is me being in what I think is the same position as the girl I just mentioned lol. There is a woman in the city that I knew and had a small thing for since high school nothing ever happened in our case ever as J am pretty sure I am solidly in the "friend zone", but I think sometimes that we would be good together. She has a tendency to date assholes though and I was halfway hoping there might be some room for a nice guy to wiggle in there. Logically though it probably can't work, as I just live to far away to establish anything and well as I said I am the friend. Once your in that spot as a guy its pretty much impossible to climb out of lol. Oh well, add that to the list of things I will do my best not to think about.

But I'm doing pretty well this holiday season and I'm glad to see you two (three with Dee) are doing good as well.

PS: I agree with them James, we see your thanks marker stop in say hello, please. Even if things aren't going as planned. Lord knows I took my breaks apart when I was down, but you won't sour the mood or anything. Of course that is just one possibility, I hope things are going great and you've just been busy or gotten away from SR latley that happens as well. Either way drop us a line sometime.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Glad you're doing well INH. Do you not find the non alcoholic beer triggering though. I have this morbid fear of anything alcohol like. I even stopped drinking tonic water because it reminded me too much of gin.

I don't think you are always stuck in the 'friend zone' btw... My last longish term relationship was with someone who I had been best friends with since I was 14. He actually had a thing for me when we were young for years and asked me out when we were 18 but I told him I didn't think of him that way... then we accidentally slept together when we were 26ish and went out for a few years. It would have been a romantic story except he cheated on me with a woman I hated and then lied about it... To be honest though I think I only went out with him because I was a bit lost, and I think he was too. It was my worst drinking time because I was having to pretend I was normal which always made the drinking alone much worse. But the point is you are not stuck in the friend zone. It could have worked out much better and it wasn't weird at all.

On my dating front I have just sort of discovered that the guy I am seeing (bear with me, this gets convoluted) is really good friends with the ex partner of a guy I have been sleeping with casually for about 4 years. He is actually a pretty good friend but nothing on the romantic front and we haven't been seeing each other in that way since I got sober pretty much. But to me it was just a 'come on' moment. I mean this isn't a small city and I haven't slept with that many people! On one side I thought that this is my past biting me in the arse, but on the other, I haven't done anything to be ashamed of. I guess that this guy knew me as a drinker and I think I am trying to disassociate myself with that part of my past so more than anything I think that is what I feel is following me around. But I am trying out not being ashamed of anything. It takes practise though.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:06 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Happy new year to you all... Thank you for all your love and support this past year...you have helped me more than you know xxx
Old 01-01-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Happy New year to all of you, including all the Marcher lurkers x
Old 01-01-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope 2014 is the best year so far for everyone

D
Old 01-02-2014, 03:23 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Happy new year everyone !
Wasn't deliberately lurking and liking for no
Reason... was very keen to see how you are all going
Will stop by and say hi tomorrow
Thanks for remembering this old kiwi lurker
Old 01-02-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Ps this is the only class I would like to join xo
Old 01-02-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Thanks all, inh Jen and hypo x
Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi James - good to see you.

D
Old 01-02-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Thx Dee
Old 01-02-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Hey James How are things? x
Old 01-02-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Hi James, you are already part of this class! No need to join any others...me and INH didn't get sober right away...and Hypo got sober in February (is that right Hypo?)...so in actual fact none of us are really Marchers!!

Who cares?

Great to see you posting, we've missed you. So how are things?xx
Old 01-02-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm gonna go against the grain and recommend you do join another class as well KP - its nice to be among old friends - but there's a great synergy in the January group too....

D
Old 01-02-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hey James, wherever you post, just do it...for the miracle of SR to work, you've gotta be here and as much as possible. Heck, I don't think there are many of the forums I DONT post in!!

Take care my friend. Make 2014 your year, you can do this xxx
Old 01-03-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Ok. I've got a ton of schoolwork to do today. I WILL CONCENTRATE AND GET DOWN TO IT.

I seem to be worse than ever for hanging around drifting from one thing to another...

Maybe it's time for me to quit my job and go travelling round the beaches of the world collecting shells and meditating....

My general laziness and head in the clouds dreaming nonsense is still with me as you can see...

Have a good day guys. Xxx