Notices

Class of April 2013 Part 6

Old 08-10-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Drake way to go on deciding to change some things around.

I managed to get out of bed bright and early today and found a really great trail for walking on. I am grateful to have found it. I'm on a trip and I've been in this same place more than half a dozen times over the last few years. The trails are less than a mile away, and I never went and checked them out. Kicking myself a bit for that. I was always too busy drinking and smoking weed and lost in the haze.

Really grateful for sobriety this morning. Had I been drinking last night, I never would have taken the time to read through the info on the place I'm at and made a plan to wake up early on a Saturday and go check out something new.

And there are miles and miles of trails. I am excited to have a lot more to check out tomorrow and on my future trips out here.

Hugs to all the Bandicoots. Hope you all are doing well.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Guys at whole foods struggling with my class reunion. I know exactly what will happen if I go. It wasn't long ago that I totally f-d up again. It's likd this driving force. Open bar, nerves. I just have to get home. Getting my food and getting out of here.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Johnny, do what it takes to stay sober. It's far more important than a class reunion.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Geez man, I wouldn't go to a class reunion if they were handing out a free Mazerati to every 100th attendee. And with an open bar to deal with to boot? Nope, not a chance.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I went only to my 10th class reunion... hate to say it but my 40th approaches.
I was so drunk, I don't remember it, except that I was drunk and hungover.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Geez man, I wouldn't go to a class reunion if they were handing out a free Mazerati to every 100th attendee. And with an open bar to deal with to boot? Nope, not a chance.
I agree. The people who made fun of me in my younger years are the LAST people I'd like to see.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Class Reunions seem like just an extension of the dog and pony show that is Homecoming King/queen and whatever other garbage.

Strange ways of making people either feel good or terrible about themselves.
You couldn't get me to one for Goat's Maserati.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

My husband asked me if we will go to my 20th next summer... I doubt it. I really have no interest in seeing those people again. I haven't kept in contact with them. I kept up with two of them throughout college but we lost contact when we all moved away.

I'm not sure if he'll attend his. I might go with him if he does. Not sure.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday, class! Everyone having a good weekend?

Our niece is going home today. I have to say, I'll be glad to get the solitude back I value my down time! Haha. She was fun though. We enjoyed her. She watched lots and lots of Dr. Who... she loves that show.

Husband made me eggy-in-a-basket this morning. I'm still sipping on coffee.

Might put the kayaks in the river later or go for a walk.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Many of us seem to have same opinion of class reunions.. I keep up with a few classmates rest I could care less.

Did little newsworthy this weekend.. so I wish all a good week.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Johnny- How are things going?
Old 08-12-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Nothing of note to report.

Just hangin' about. I have an urge to paint. Which is weird.

So, I may go bum around the art store and see what kind of stuff is on sale...since...well...instead of cool electronic gadgets, cars, or other typical guy stuff: I like to spend my money on art supplies. Since, you can't ever collect enough stuff to make a mess with.

Have a good start to the week, Bandicoots.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hope you find some good sales Scoutie. Art supplies can be expensive... as I'm sure you're well aware. I could spend a fortune on that stuff if I had a fortune to spend.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Have fun, Scout. Sounds like a good time. Painting I get that urge sometimes too. I grew up painting in a ceramic shop with my grandmother. She had a shop she opened up around noon. People would be there all day... and she'd usually close up before midnight Fun times. I grew up with a paintbrush in my hands. I miss her.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Not much going on today. Snacking on sweet cherries. Doing some reading. May go for a walk or run soon. It just stopped raining and the sun is out. Very muggy, but hey... that's typical Alabama weather.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I had a drinking dream last night... well, a dream where I drank out of beer bottle anyway. And oddly, it was my Dad who handed me the beer! Which would never happen in real life. So, that was strange. I don't have the best relationship with my Dad... so maybe that is why? I remember feeling I'd let myself and a bunch of people down once I realized I'd turned up that beer. And beer wasn't even my drink of choice, it was wine! So, twice now I've had beer drinking happening in my dreams. Strange.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dreams are trippy Jennie...

I went to my 10th and 20th reunions - only served to point out to me how much I didn't have in common with the other people there.

I loved high school - but you can't go home again and I no longer want to.
They'll not be seeing me at any more

D
Old 08-13-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I think dreams about whatever addiction we've quit are quite common. I always call them drinking nightmares though. I had one the other night myself- was drinking vodka. Woke up so relieved it wasn't for real.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

I actually had a drinking dream last night too. For the first time there wasn't any anxiety associated with it. Not sure what that means, but whatever

Dee... I don't think I have ever heard anyone claim their high school experience was anything beyond "barely tolerable" before. Loved... wow. I wish I'd gone to your high school.

Actually the high school I went to has been named the "#1" in many rankings many times. And you know what? It still sucked ass!

I have had a battle with my very smart, very capable (if you get past their teenager BS) kids about college. High school sucks so bad that they simply can't imagine how awesome college is, and they were disinclined to even consier going to college! At least until they started going for college visits and saw freedom calling to them
Old 08-13-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Haha! I can relate, Goat... I couldn't wait to graduate from high school and go to college!