Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 1

Old 08-02-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me, heading into a holiday weekend sober and going to stay that way. Staying away from certain people and places will be key methinks...And of course keeping busy busy busy! This thread is kinda quiet - hope everyone's doing ok. Had a major craving earlier justifying alcohol with the excuse that I'm only on day 3 so not too much to lose, just have the weekend and start on monday blah blah blah. So bloody convincing but I blared some music to get the thoughts out of my head.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi, friends!
I am looking forward to a sober weekend. Going to do some yoga, plenty of exercise, and try to get some work done (or maybe some cooking!). What do you have planned??
Old 08-02-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey class. I'm doing well 2day. Got my am dog walk in, my 3 mile run on tmill, played with grndkids for a bit, and went 2 grocery. Didn't even bat an eye at beer/wine isle. Not anythng exciting planned this weekend. I'm just going to enjoy being sober. And keep busy. Making a big pan of homemade lasanga 2mmw for dinner. I love Italian! Hope everyone is doing well, and staying the path. We can do this! Happy weekend every1.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in. Day 2 today...
Old 08-02-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Great 2 c u Pamel. And New, my av tells me the same stuff 2. Good job on day 3 for u, and good job on day 2 for Pamel, and myself, of course. Hoping to get to know evry1 in this class better then I did in the last 3 or 4 I flunked out of. There is strength in numbers.......so here we go! Let's do it 2gthr.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Just getting off work. Stayed late to help a co worker with something which was good to kill time I would have just been sitting at home. Having some stomach pains. Glad to end day 2 sober
Old 08-02-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Headed to bed for a nice sober sleep now!! =)
I likely will face a little bit of temptation tomorrow. I am headed to the city for dinner/club with my friends. However, still feeling strong -- and I have explained to my best friend (first one so far) that I am giving up the poison for good. I am excited to see how it goes!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Will be the first here to meet the early Saturday. Feels good to get up at 6 am with no hangover. Having a nice cup of espresso and heading to the swimming pool. Looking forward for a great Saturday
Old 08-03-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hoping today will be a new start. I said that every day for the past week and didn't make it, but I feel good about today, mentally. Don't feel so good physically, due to way too much vodka and a large loaded pizza yesterday, but that will pass too. Thinking of getting back to the gym, finally, to lose some of this weight that is depressing me and giving me the urge to "escape" through drink.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Today is day 10 for me, feeling good.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Scintillady, good call on the gym! I am looking forward to losing some of my excess weight, as well. I truly feel that alcohol was one of the only things holding me back from the body I want!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day one for me. I'm here and ready to be schooled!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Welcome Blackbird!

Day 3. I slept just a few hours and woke up feeling hungover even tho I didn't drink a drop! Weird!
Today to keep me busy I am heading down to San Diego with my dog to visit my mom for the afternoon and let my dog swim in her pool.
Then will rest tonight with a little tv. Trying to be easy on myself this weekend since my body is still sore from all the poison I've been putting in it.

Have a fab sober day class
Old 08-03-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Welcome Blackbird!

Day 3. I slept just a few hours and woke up feeling hungover even tho I didn't drink a drop! Weird!
Today to keep me busy I am heading down to San Diego with my dog to visit my mom for the afternoon and let my dog swim in her pool.
Then will rest tonight with a little tv. Trying to be easy on myself this weekend since my body is still sore from all the poison I've been putting in it.

Have a fab sober day class
Day 3 going along well for me. Have a visiting dog, so that is nice...a reason to get up and get out in the morning.

I also find, BoozeFree, that "thinking" about a drink can do it to me. Very weird, but I swear, I get "drunk" as soon as I think "drink". I wish that were more useful LOL!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Black Bird View Post
Day one for me. I'm here and ready to be schooled!
My favorite song Blackbird. In fact, the only one I ever learned on the guitar. I love the chord changes. here
Old 08-03-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi. I'm in. I posted a "hi, I'm back" message on the newcomer's board.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Legs21 View Post
Scintillady, good call on the gym! I am looking forward to losing some of my excess weight, as well. I truly feel that alcohol was one of the only things holding me back from the body I want!
I also just had my hair cut, eyebrows shaped, and feel a bit better so far. Didn't make it to the gym, but planning on going each day next week. I need some momentum.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

How is everyone doing? All ready for a sober Saturday night? Anyone have plans?
I have a meeting, then a nice BBQ dinner with my little family.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I was originally going to go out with some friends -- but ended up staying in and watching Netflix due to parking/traffic issues and wasn't feeling going downtown for just a short bit!

I did a little shopping instead .. one of my other weaknesses! I like the people-watching aspect of malls when I am feeling anxious.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here. Grateful I spent the whole day sober. I spent my day with the family and went out tonight to see my AA peeps at a meeting.
I am a happy lady! Thanks for being here.