Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 1

Old 08-01-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Can I join in ? I quit yesterday (July 31).
Old 08-01-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome mish

Weekends are my downfall so at lunch today went to charity shop to stock up on some Dvds and market to get some fresh fruit I really want to get to Monday morning sober.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well, I was in the July 2013 class, but messed up the last few days.

So the 1st is a good start date and I'm onboard with the August 2013 class.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was also part of July 2013 class, ready to make Aug work this time. What a great inspiration this class is, you all rock!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Raja12, No shame in coming back, But it would be a shame to see you leave. You never know if you will be coming back if your a trule alcoholic. Jail, Insanity & Death are the end results for soooo many alcoholics. Welcome back!!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks graz. I know that's right. Making it through 2day pretty good. No thoughts of drinking yet at all. Can't wait to rack those days up. This is my new, fresh, beginning. Hang tough everyone!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

In theory I'm a July kid, but I just got brave enough to log in yesterday, and would find it really cool if I could tag into the August class.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hello Class of July 2013

I'm from the March 2013 class, I wish you all good things and sober days.

For the new members, stick with your program, whatever program you are following and keep in touch here.
I know it seems daunting to be giving up something that has been part of you for so long, It can be done.

For the returners from other classes, Keep on quitting, one of the things I appreciate most is looking at my original posts and seeing where I was then. How I thought I could never quit. Now 5 months later I see what a different person I have become and it is in a big way that the people here on SR helped me get here.

Stay Strong
Ken
Old 08-01-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oops' I meant August 3013
Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I would like to join, I got sober 4 days ago.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

quit AGAIN on the 29th of july.. Monday... This time I am hopeful that I will abstain and keep on going as I am so happy when I am clear of alcohol. Every stupid thing I have ever done.. and I have done A LOT of stupid things, has been down to my inability to control my drinking and waking up full of shame battered and bruised with an empty bank account AGAIN has made me realise how important it is that I quit for good.
Reading some really helpful things on here and plucking up the courage to go to a meeting.
thanks for reading... peace and love
Old 08-01-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone.

I'm back joining my THIRD CLASS (ay yay yay...) at SR. My first class was October 2012 and my second class was (I believe) in June; but I really need a mulligan. That was a ****-poor, half-assed attempt and my addiction requires a heck of a lot more attention and dedication. Anyways, I am committed to posting here frequently as part of my latest (and hopefully last) attempt at quitting drinking. Some things that I'm planning to do differently this time around- posting on SR and reading using all of your trials and courage as inspiration, speaking with an addiction therapist (have already started) and combatting- I mean REALLY fighting the cravings using exercise and other distractions. Also, while I am committed to abstinence- not moderation- I'm not going to beat myself up and consider myself "relapsed" unless I give up, go on a bender and quit caring (which I have done before). It doesn't help me to measure my progress in terms of "sober streaks" and I think that's one of the reasons I have left SR for long periods of time. It's hard to feel motivated to post when I'm on day 3 and fighting the cravings and there are so many people who have put months, years or decades between themselves and their last drink Good luck to everyone here. It's a new day, and a new month- a great time for us to get our lives back under control.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome, and welcome back, to everyone
D
Old 08-01-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

So wonderful to meet all of you, classmates, and I can tell this is going to be a great class =) Nearing the end of day one in Chicago!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I technically had my last drink 7/30. Since I drank through the majority of July, Class of August 2013 it is! I've been trawling this forum for a while as I struggled through my feelings about losing the booze. Friends and family tell me that I'm not a problem drinker, but I think that has to do more with their drinking habits than mine. I definitely have a problem controlling my alcohol consumption. Once I start I can't stop until I'm pass out drunk. Not a good look. I can't tell you how many different times I've woken after a bender with a splitting head and that shame knot in my stomach that comes from being completely mortified at what I did/said/texted/posted to Facebook, etc. This forum and the people who post in all of the threads are so amazing and supportive, and have made the difference in my decision to quit all together. I think knowing there are so many other people across the globe who are struggling with the same things I am takes some of the isolation and shame out of not being able to "socially" drink. I could never understand why I couldn't ever have two beers and go home. I still don't. At least now I know I'm not the only person out there for whom it's a struggle, and that it's totally okay to have no beers. Thank you, SR posters, I'm feeling strong and positive as I start my journey to a better and healthier life.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Linnie

D
Old 08-02-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Weekends are hard for me, especially Friday. It is when my husband and I drank (usually on the patio after the kids went to bed). He is still drinking, but I am not. I feel ok about it, I just wish he would drink somewhere else. KWIM?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm a little late joining the class, as tomorrow will be day 1 for me, AGAIN! Can't count today because I finished the last of the wine this morning at 9 AM. I SO want to quit and hope that this class will help. I'm taking inspiration from all of you who have made it so far.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 2 today. Sleeping was a lil rough. Part of the night I was all sweaty, gross! Which has happened every time in the past to me when first quitting. I plan on sticking close to SR and checking in more than once a day this time around.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Kys

Hi guys.

I have a journey ahead. I hope everyone is well, we can really help one another.