Notices

Class of January 2013 Part 10

Old 08-03-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations everyone

Old 08-03-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats, Pianowoman! That's two happy anniversaries for you!

I agree with Wood--I think losing track of the calendar may mean we are focused on the business of living free and sober.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
Congrats, Pianowoman! That's two happy anniversaries for you!

I agree with Wood--I think losing track of the calendar may mean we are focused on the business of living free and sober.
Dee, you must have smiled when we were agonising over whether to count or not in the early days!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh not really ...I think everyone has to go through that..I did

D
Old 08-04-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I still love counting my days - it just feels like something concrete I can point to and measure how far I've come. Maybe once I hit a year, I won't count anymore. And, I have an app on my phone that counts for me, so I guess really that's cheating!
Tomorrow is 200 days!

Hope everyone enjoyed another sober weekend.

-Alison
Old 08-04-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I remember feeling hesitant about posting my days because I did not want to hurt the feelings of those who had some bumps in the road. We announce our "proud" time at our meeting to show new people it can be done and unless I have my cell phone with me I never know how much I have it's like 6 and change or something.
Congrats on 7 months guys!!
Old 08-04-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Alison--> 200 days= AWESOME!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
Alison--> 200 days= AWESOME!!!
Agree. Congratulations, Alison!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congrats Piano and Alison. We've all come a long ways since those first few days/weeks. I'm truly happy for all of us.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey class! I'm at 7 months too. Congrats to all of you! Been busy but hanging in there. Have a good Monday
Old 08-05-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Congrats Siesta! Are you stilling cycling much? Liz is riding, too.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Siesta! Great achievement!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Chiming in a bit late, but congrats to everyone on 7 months! Well done!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Big Test...passed

We just entertained back to back house guests of family and then friends. In these groups were two people that I've shared many good times often with alcohol involved. It turned out to be a non-event as far as urges to drink. I told my brother that my health improved after I stopped. It was no big deal and he just said "that's good, keep it up". My friend laughed and said "****, that must be difficult living here at the beach".

There was always wine and beer in a cooler or on the counter but it was never a challenge to pass it up. I was worried going into those days so I pre-programmed myself that no matter what I wouldn't slip. This morning at the office was 1,000 times better than it would have been in the past.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi All --

Hope you had a nice weekend! The trip to Cooperstown was far too short, but it was nice to get away for a few days. The Baseball Hall of Fame was definitely worth an afternoon's visit. Lots of great memorabilia, displays and stats (I couldn't tear myself away from the unassisted triple play display!)

I white-knuckled it a bit through dinner that evening, however, because I've always allowed myself to drink more on holidays [the logic of this reward system escapes me now?!] and therefore a very brief pity party ensued after ordering my go-to 1/2 cran and soda. Really? I can't drink? Not even one glass of red with this fabulous meal? On my holiday, no less? The only one I'll likely take this year? Jeesh. It was intense but thankfully fleeting, as my husband was obsessed with making it to the corner bakery before closing & that ended up being more important than my momentary melancholy trip down booze-y lane.

The highlight of the trip was, of course, the opera. Gorgeous! What a treat -- a top-ranked production with a stellar cast and beautiful surroundings to boot. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's a breathtakingly & achingly beautiful art form to me. ... me & 800 of my new best senior citizen friends. In North American houses, the average opera-goer is around 70 years old. It's nice to be a sweet young thing for an afternoon! :-)

Have a great Sunday night / Monday morning, all!

L.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LizG View Post

Have a great Sunday night / Monday morning, all!

L.
Make that Monday night / Tuesday morning ... Seems I've already forgotten that it was a long weekend here :-((
Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Way to go, L2H and Liz!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi class,
L2h, yes still cycling. Just quick 25 mile trips here and there when I can fit them in. It's the busy season at work so feeling a little burned out but cycling always makes me feel better. Very cool that Liz is riding! It does wonders for the body and mind. Also, great job passing the test with the old friends. Your friend is right to say that it is hard to do at the beach. Always a party going on.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Siesta View Post
Hi class,
L2h, yes still cycling. Just quick 25 mile trips here and there when I can fit them in. It's the busy season at work so feeling a little burned out but cycling always makes me feel better. Very cool that Liz is riding! It does wonders for the body and mind. Also, great job passing the test with the old friends. Your friend is right to say that it is hard to do at the beach. Always a party going on.
ahem, what Liz is doing cannot currently be categorized as "riding" :-) , especially when the standard is a "quick" !? 25 mile trip ... I should guess that I am toodling around with the hope of graduating to casual cycling ...
Old 08-06-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Any time spent pedaling on 2-wheels puts you in the club, Liz.