Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 16

Old 08-06-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Marcher

Explained a little about moodiness/paws to H last night. He said he just thought it was PMS. He thinks everything is PMS related. I'll be 80 yrs old, in a bad mood, and he'll still think it's PMS... Tonight I'll blame GTRTECWTIGONS. Thanks, Natty!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

For those looking to escape their PAWS for a while, we have landed in Norway, so everyone taking shore leave please meet in the cafe....
Old 08-06-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Chiming in for a minute

Hi,
I am also a "negative Nancy" type of person by nature...I have to admit the pain pills made me just loopy enough to make me not care about anything, and I think I had a better personality on them, they made me chatty in the beginning, and then I don't know what they made me.... I was too zombied out to be aware of anything.
Just an fyi: I don't know if it is the heat, or the excitement over the upcoming wedding, or some other issues that I think about, but boy I have been having insomnia as well.
I try to practice good "sleep hygiene"... I gave up coffee, for most days, for goodness sakes, go to bed the same time every night, etc., etc., and yet, like others have written, I can fall asleep for 3 or 4 hours, and then I wake up, feeling exhausted and yet awake.
I think I checked out SR between 3 and 4 am... I hate doing it, but I did take a generic benadryl and an ibuprofen, and fell asleep finally... thank goodness I work the later shift this evening.
My neighbor, who is about ten years older than me, says as she got older she slept less and less. Yuk!! My personality will not survive too much insomnia, my grumpiness quotient increases substantially with lack of sleep.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Have a good sober GTRTECWTIGONS day.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Catchy little acronym isn't it?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Fair rolls off the tongue, I can see all the stars claiming it, telethons to raise money to research it, celebrity books, 'my battle with GTRTECWTICONS, and how the bas^]%=d beat me'
Natty, I would get in there first!

Morning Marcher, how's my grouchy antipodean pal today? X
Old 08-07-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Have a good sober GTRTECWTIGONS day.
Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Damn tootin' it is Natty! I've been trying to say it all day and now, fifteen hours after getting up this morning, I can now say "GTRTECHW GTRTECHW" and everybody is giving me strange sidelong glances simply because I've been practicing aloud all day. My lips are stuck in a boxtoxed shaped W.

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Fair rolls off the tongue,

Morning Marcher, how's my grouchy antipodean pal today? X
GTRTECHW t'anks Tots.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Bump
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Damn tootin' it is Natty! I've been trying to say it all day and now, fifteen hours after getting up this morning, I can now say "GTRTECHW GTRTECHW" and everybody is giving me strange sidelong glances simply because I've been practicing aloud all day. My lips are stuck in a boxtoxed shaped W.

GTRTECHW t'anks Tots.
Yes, this seems to be an horrific side effect of GTRTECWTICONS syndrome, that and dislocated forefingers from trying to type it!

There really needs to be more research done!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. We are having one of North's days here, aiming for a top of 14C, fortunately I'm over the last bout of GTRTECWTIGONS so I'm facing these artic temps OK. Have a safe and sober day.

Shoes here's you reward for the current round at work ...

bandan.jpeg
Old 08-08-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning lovely Marcher, you poor frozen soul!, as it is still the height of summer here in Scotland, our temps today are set to hit the dizzy heights of 17C! The unbearable heat is exacerbating my GTRTECWTICONS and as a cure has yet to be discovered I am having to go around with a bell and swear box. I put in 10p a time and in 3days have raised £3542.70 for ¥#%~}|| (sorry £3542.80 ) for research!

Happy thurday, Friday, Wednesday, April ??? All marchers!!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers! Thanks for the sympathy Toots, it's getting so bad that I think I might have to drop by North's place to warm up!

To my sober twin Budd -- happy five months!

Have a good day peeps.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Had to go to Court Services today. I am eligible for a plan that, once completed my charge will be reduced to reckless driving instead of DUI. From what I can tell, I should be able to get everything done by the end of Oct and get my license back. Lots of hoops to jump through, but at least I see and end to that.

It turns out getting arrested might be the best thing for me. Without it I wouldn't have met you all!

Marcher, Happy 5 months Sister!!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Marcher

Well, good morning Marchers!
Having quite the Gtrtecwticons night. Didn't get my exercise in today and I'm feeling it.
Toots you can send the "research" money to me and I'll get started.
My drunk uncle is coming to visit tomorrow evening. I swear if he brings his liquor with him he will sleep with the neighbors. My boys think it's funny to watch him stumble and slur loudly. And it is. But he doesn't realize That Is How They Will Remember Him. I still remember him before he was always drunk and he was an awesome uncle and so much more fun. I know I'll be sober, but he will try to get me to drink. I should send him to Shoes' bar! She'll take care of him!

Love all!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Marcher

Grrrrr... Budd I tried to post a cute pic of man jumping through hoops, but I,m on my stupid kindle and it won't work right! GTRTECWTICON MOMENT!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I hired a security guard for the weekends. Not for the crazy people who come to listen to the bands on the weekends but for the damn wedding parties. Oh, and the bachelorette parties too. Had a group of 20 girls book a room and wanted a stripper. I was alright with the dancer as long as he didn't go full monty on us. They were in a private room. I did however, throw them out when they showed up in their pajama pants hauling in there own food. I have a problem with people bringing in there own food to a restaurant. Call me crazy.

Awesome news on the court thing Ken! And great attitude there too. It did turn out okay. You got sober, created a new life, made new friends, and found your creative decorating side!

Happy 5 months Marcher!! Love my banana btw.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

And I do know the difference between their and there but my ipad seems to think it knows better and I'm too tired to edit.

We are all past correct spelling and proper grammar I hope.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

And here's my idea of an exciting night. Is there anything better than a bag of Oreos and a glass of milk?? I killed that bag off in 2 days.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Shoes I think I had better teach you how to make almond milk.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning peeps. Hope you are having a good sober day.