Notices

Class of May 2012 part 22

Old 10-11-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Congrats Lee!! So happy for you!! Hope everything is well with you
Old 10-12-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone!! It has been a long but good year!! Not long because of not drinking, just seems like forever.

Baby due end of November!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excited!!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Happy one year Lee!! Way to go!!!

I'm doing well, guys. Just a quick check in on my way to work. Miss you all.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi folks, just a quick check in. Life's been really busy recently. Sometimes it feels like the more I write, the more there is to write. With each scene suggesting two more...
Was on Facebook last night when I noticed a message from an ex-boyfriend that he sent back in May, (at which point we'd been split up for 18 months or so). Not a nasty message (despite the fact that I'm fairly sure he dumped me. Well, he unfriended me on Facebook) but it still got me thinking of back then. I phoned my sponsor, and talked to my fiance about it. But for a while... yeah, the dear old AV pounced on me.

Leemzer - congratulations on one year.

Saskia - good luck with your move. Glad the plans are coming together.

Tanja - Sounds like you did well leading the meeting. Well done.

Onelesslonely, kittycat - good to hear from you.

Have a good day folks.
Love and Hugs to you all. And may your higher power go with you. x x
Old 10-15-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Way to kick the AV to the curb Emily.

I am doing the same to mine. Feeling sorry for myself that I can't have just one drink to loosen up at the bar and maybe get the courage to flirt with a guy or two. But I know I need to get over my anxiety and find a real way to muster up the courage. I am not in danger of slipping, just feeling sad without my "friend" alcohol.....

I do have some choc chip cookies on my countertop That's much better than beer. I feel better now!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

leeeee, congrats on one whole year!!! and the baby is coming sooon!!

Emily, funny how a blast from the past can get your mind rolling on down a familiar and not so good path, eh? I am still friends with an ex that I still have feelings for. we never did talk about that breakup, and I was definitely the dump-ee. the way she looks at me sometimes, I've always been under the impression that she still has some feelings for me too. and while I hate to admit it as a "taken" woman now, it has always given me some unspoken comfort. welllllll, Friday she told me she and her partner are flying to new York in two weeks to get married (it's legal there and in 13 or so other states now). I smiled and congratulated her but inside I was bummed. thought of drinking for a split second but realized that would have been about the worst possible way to deal with the curveballs of life. yeah, show how cool I am by suddenly boarding the train back to loserland. well that solved things! :-)

soberkitten, I have a new employee who is young, professional and attractive, much how I picture you are. she is also single. we talked about guys and bars, and she said she never gives her number out in bars. we agreed that people are rarely at their best in bars, so it's really not a good place to meet a guy.

as alcoholics, we tend to think it's a perfectly lovely place to find a mate. but the rest of the world (normies) don't necessarily believe that. go get yourself a normie or a sober tomkitten! :-)
Old 10-17-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Today I have 7 months of sobriety. Yay. Sorry for my absence guys because I've been busy dealing with offline stuff I don't get much time to sit down and go online. Sobriety is fantastic I've been hit by a lot of emotional stuff the past few weeks and instead of getting drunk I'm able to act rational and calm.

Congratulations Lee!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS JANE ON 7 MONTHS OF SOBRIETY It is simply wonderful to hear that despite facing a lot of emotional turmoil you have remained sober. You are one remarkably strong woman
Old 10-18-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hello all. Haven't been around much recently, but giving thanks for 18 months of sobriety today. I had some cravings early in the summer and got excellent support here. Since then the cravings have been pretty quiet and it was an enjoyable and relaxed summer. We had a great family holiday in Rome and Venice and was so glad I wasn't drinking. Firstly because we were so busy and i know in the past all i would have wanted to do was to drink or recover from a hangover. Secondly beer was about 8-10$ for a 300ml glass so I would have been bankrupt by the time I got home!

Glad to see so many here doing well.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:48 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi folks. Had a good meeting with my sponsor yesterday, and should be moving on to step 8 next. Been busy writing, and all being well... should be able to move back to one of the things I've put on the back burner shortly.

SoberJaneDoe - congratulations on 7 months!

wehav2day - I remember asking guys to meet me for a drink, and wondering why they just said no. I mean, isn't that where friends go to meet? Maybe they thought I was asking for a date. To be honest, I was more interested in having a drinking buddy than a boyfriend, although if they'd turned out to be the same person, that would have been brilliant. Or to put it another way, if they had turned up and said those strange words 'No thanks, I've had enough' I'd have totally lost interest.

Have a good day folks, and remember that life today, with all its ups and downs is so much better than our old lives. Why? Because we're actually here. Not somewhere else, or wishing we were.

Love and Hugs to you all. And may your higher power go with you. x x
Old 10-20-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 months, SoberJane!

It sounds like everyone is sailing along with some AV activity but no big bumps in the road :-)

I'm good. Took last week off from my part-time temp job and that was nice.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

A hearty and trumpeting hello to my precious peeps! Yeah, it's been a while since checking in with you all, but I do lurk on occasion to see how you're doing. All is well in pink pachster land. Staying true to my original sobriety and tobacco-free dates. Enjoying my new orchestra immensely after searching around for the right fit. Work is good and my health is the best it's ever been since my life-changing surgery a year ago. Had to give Mate Pach the four-pawed boot after 5 months, though, dang it. Wish these types of pachs that start off as if they're all into you would stop hanging onto the secret fantasy of getting back together with an ex. Got that drilled into my brain after MP's many attempts to make me look and act like said ex and then criticizing me endlessly for falling short, good lawd! Ah, well, back to the dating scene for another round.

Yes, yes, yes, I've been heinously derelict in posting my celebratory elephant pics for all of you well-deserving boaters! A huge congratulations to all those celebrating milestones! Forgive me for separating from the daily comings and goings of SR. You are always in my mind and I will be forever grateful for the much-needed and crucial support that was necessary in getting me back on the right path. And an awesome path it is! Much love and many hugs to everyone, past and present.

happy-elephant.jpg
Old 10-20-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Wooooohoooo welcome back Michael and FP thanks for checking in!!!

Hey FP if you see this I have 8 months on Tuesday...
Old 10-20-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Ps pink, sorry about mp. He sounds kind of off his rocker if trying to make you like an ex. You are perfect the way you are.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Ps pink, sorry about mp. He sounds kind of off his rocker if trying to make you like an ex. You are perfect the way you are.
Thank you, WeHav! Now I understand MP's initial attraction to me after seeing this picture of the ex...

elephant-hair.jpg
Old 10-20-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Michael, congrats on 18 months!!!

FP, happy you stopped by! I'm still enjoying the pink Lambo
Love that pach pic - shows e ginormous happy spirit. Sorry about MP and pic of MP's ex has the most hysterical hairdo I think I've seen!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

back on deck guys - still catching up but I hope everyone is well

D
Old 10-23-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Hey FP if you see this I have 8 months on Tuesday...
Special request granted!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 8-MONTHS MILESTONE, WEHAV!!!

Way to go, girlfriend! Mammoth has a big pat on the head for you for your phenomenal sober accomplishment. Keep up the great work, sober sis! Big snuggy hugs for you.

elephant-head-pat.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, TOO, BIONIC LEE, ON YOUR STUPENDOUS ONE YEAR SOBER MILESTONE!!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

AWWWWWWW, FP! You are the sweetest elephant ever!!!

How did you know I have dark hair?!? :-)
Old 10-23-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Way to go wehav, Michael, SJD, lee, everyone celebrating milestones!
I'm at day 70 today....not too shabby.....

I've been kind of down, to be honest. I've more than once had fleeting thoughts about a drink. But I've powered through and feel more resilient after catching up here. You guys are doing it, I can too

Thx for the support in the dating realm wehav. I so do NOT want to meet the next sobertomkitten in a bar of all places, nor would I want to be drunk myself. Looks like Ill have FP as my single wing-Pach. Sorry for the breakup with MP, but bigger and better things are ahead for you my ellyfriend.

Xoxo love to you all!