Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 3

Old 08-09-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ladybug--Nothing better than breakfast for dinner. Yum!

Though it hasn't been an issue for me this time, I know in my previous attempts at sobriety it was always somewhere between three and five in the afternoon that were the real dangerous times for me. I might not start drinking that early, but that's when I'd first decide I was going to drink later. It's good that you're alert that this time period is your danger zone, just stay vigilant and remember that you don't have to pick up that first drink today no matter what.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Pretty good day. Good work picnic, then I dropped off our contributions to a local crisis center's school supply and backpack drive.

Had an unexpected trigger tonight at the grocery store when I went past the liquor aisle. My past trips these past 20 days it was no biggie to walk right past. But tonight there were people in the aisle. With wine bottles in their hands. Looking at the labels. Felt a pull to do the same. Eeek! Wheeled my cart quickly to the bakery section, where I bought myself some bear claws.

I'm also avoiding the scale!. Every shopping trip contains snacks and treats! Got to work on eating habits next. I'm going to be as big as a house in no time.

My boyfriend is working tonight so it will be a relaxed evening of laundry and watching tv with the cats.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 11. Started my treatment today! Feeling great about it and this weekend shall be a relaxing one.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, I absolutely love coming on here and reading so many of your experiences that are so amazingly similar to my own! I am sorry that anyone has to go through this battle, but I am comforted to know that I'm not alone. Sometimes I feel like I am crazy with such extreme highs and lows. One second I'm crying tears of joy because I love how I feel sober and how things are improving me, and the next I want to drink so bad I could scream.

Like you Ladybug and Casey, those few hours late afternoon/early evening are so scary. For a few days now I have made up my mind that I was going to drink that night, even planning how to buy it, what to buy, etc.. I really hate that I come so close.

I think it was safeandsound who said she finally is losing some weight at 30 days..that's inspiring! But this week I don't really deserve to lose weight anyway, I have been eating like crazy during my cravings. I know I can't keep doing that either NorCali.

Glad it's the weekend..I plan to catch up on here much more and be around as much I can. I feel like I 'm going to need it.

Keep it going July Group, we are doing great
Old 08-09-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by NorCaliGal View Post
Felt a pull to do the same. Eeek! Wheeled my cart quickly to the bakery section, where I bought myself some bear claws.
NCG : I got a giggle out of that visualization

Good for you

I'm home safe and sound although the normal after work Friday ( payday ) cravings were there . I steered my car towards home... Day 8 , I'll be buying tires for about the same amount of money I would have spent , using

Tr
Old 08-09-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Ladybug2,
I've been having the same thing happen to me. I feel totally burned out and cranky at the end of the day. It takes me a while before I snap out of it. Sometimes it's accompanied by a slight headache.
I usually have a headache during this time too! Weird!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

I also wanted to mention that a woman with 7 months sober shared that good food has really helped her recovery this time around. Ive bern hooked on fast food (again) lately and am going to make an effort to eat healthy whole foods all day tomorrow. It always starts with just one day
Old 08-10-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I was just reading on other boards and came across this interesting insight. I wish I could give credit, but I just copied and pasted it and now I can't find it again:
"Quitting IS a challenge to be sure, BUT its not your actual living problem here -- drinking and suffering from that same drinking is the problem to solve here."

I think that is so important to remember. Sometimes we are so focused on NOT drinking that we forget why we aren't drinking in the first place. I know I do. And I think that is what has contributed to some of my relapses. My AV tell me that I'm making too big a deal out of this, that it's ok to drink, everyone does, and that a few beers after a hard day is fine. I conveniently forget the suffering and the damage that drinking has caused me. Quitting is not the problem...drinking was the problem, quitting gives us relief from that problem.

Anyway lets all stay sober today and given that so many of us are concerned about this part too, let's try to eat right and in moderation as well. BUT sobriety must come first.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 22 is complete. I worked all morning/afternoon. It went fine. The restaurant is always busy, there's good money to be made there. Lazed around the house all evening. Didn't go to a meeting. It was sprinkling between six and seven last evening so that gave me an excuse to not want to get on my bike for an eight pm meeting. This stupid car wreck has made it so much harder to get motivated to leave the house again once I get home from work. I need to work on that.

Day 23 starts now. Working again this morning/afternoon. I'll plan again on going to a meeting this evening since I've only been to one all week. Hope everyone has a good sober Saturday!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Congrats on 22 days, Casey, I am right behind you at 21. Had a great Friday but also skipped the meeting I was planning on attending because I was having too much fun with my grown daughter. She is coming back over today and spending the night, we had such a blast she was here until 4 AM, I still haven't been to bed, darn insomnia still has me. Whoever would have thought I could stay up all night and have fun without drinking?
Old 08-10-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Good day " july maties " prayers ro all
Old 08-10-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Good day " july maties " prayers ro all
Good day back at ya! Starting off my day with coffee and one of those bear claws...or maybe two.

My justfication - need plenty of energy to do my weekend chores, ha ha!

Have a great weekend Class of July 2013!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Mental busy weekend for me. Haven't had time to think so just a quick check in to say hi and day 17 for me! Wow! hope you're all good and well :0)

Love and peace

Sicknote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

The start of DAY 18 for me.

Congrats everyone on getting through another day sober.

I went out last night well prepared! I ate before hand, even though the night included dinner. I just didn't want to be looking at others drinking while feeling hungry and I made sure I was well hydrated. I drank lots of mineral water all evening - at times it was hard but I did it! Nobody asked why I was not drinking strangely enough.

Another challenging evening today. I have lots of people coming to my place for drinks and dinner!!

Last night I dreamt of drinking red wine.....I could even taste it in my dream,,,,,and panicking because I was back to DAY 1 again. I CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN!

Happy Sunday everyone.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

I'm on day 15.
Keeping busy. It's nice sunny a nice sunny Saturday here.
I woke up feeling great. That's a change from the way it used to be on Sat. morning.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...13-pt-4-a.html

D