Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 18

Old 07-26-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

:day2 Brother Dee thank you for all you do....

After my meeting last night a friend and I went and got some ice cream and continued over to a small park... We have to get ready and prepare for the big AA picnic this sunday.. There will be around 3 thousand of us gathered for fun in the sun.. Its down by the river in a large park.. But as we laid there and talked afterwards these were where my thoughts went...

There's something spiritual about laying under the stars on a clear night. The immensity of the universes is enough to put my life into perspective. It can life the weight of the world from my shoulders. While I may feel my burdens are heavy and my responsibilities seem endless, just a glimpse of that twinkling night sky helps me realize I am not that important.. I do know this, but laying there and really sets it in and reminds me of that..

But just as each of those billions of stars has a place in the eternal sky, so do I have a place right here and with my own God's plans. My influence may be small, my light may not shine nearly as far, but just as each star has a place, I too have a role in the big scheme of things.

I wish everyone a wonderful and peace filled weekend.. And you happen to be in the Cleveland Ohio area, please come down to West Side Picnic and Horseshoe Tournament..

Good love, Happy..
Old 07-26-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

DP who's wine is it?? I would 'accidentally' spill it and give them a fiver to buy themselves another! Unless of course you can just ignore it. Sunsets are still as gorgeous and romantic sober! Enjoy it. 😄
Old 07-26-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

The wine is in my sister's fridge. There is tons of booze here, smirnoff in the fridge, a cellar full of expensive red wines, the lots. It's just that opened bottle that is staring at me. I will be fine. It would be lame to destroy 6 months plus of sobriety for one silly bottle. It won't happen.

I meant to say I think your dog is awfully cute. What kind is it ?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Thank you! A labradoodle, her name is Molly and she is a total cutie! I'm obviously biased, but she is such a sweet natured little love, everyone falls for her!
And you are right! A month or so back I was struggling to sleep & got up. There in the kitchen was an open bottle of wine that hubby had forgotten to move. I looked and thought. 'Hmm it would help me sleep tonight, but so will a glass of milk' I chose the milk! And slept so much better for being guilt free!
Old 07-26-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

bloss, toots, dorothy- thank you guys. Bf and I had lunch together but still haven't talked, lol. We're both quite practiced at the ostrich technique. I've managed to let go of most of my worry about it though and I'm focusing on taking care of myself for the day.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

I just have to make it through the night and then saturday. My cousin is coming with me to get my tattoo. I'm excited. just wanted to check in.

STEVE YES! do post a picture I'm sure it's AWESOME!!!!

hope everyone is well.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Il get some of mine uploaded soon to
Old 07-26-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

you don't have to do this alone... there's strength in numbers

Hi new friends , I was moved by the warm welcome

I'm past my my biggest test ( payday ) and at home feeling pretty good about it
Taming the beast 1 day at a time

Day 15 in th bag
Old 07-26-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Over 2 weeks! The biggest hurdle done. Keep it up. Things will only get better from here! I have my first payday since I stopped coming up next week and will use the money I will have spent on booze this month to buy something special. Maybe do the same?
Old 07-26-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Looks like I'll be spending the money I saved from booze this month on a new water heater. :-/
Old 07-26-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Made it through a Friday night out without alcohol. It was an eye opener. pfft.
day 9 tomorrow x
Old 07-26-2013, 11:20 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Day 233 and all is well. Been at work 3 hours just another 12 to go lol.

Congrats to everyone hitting milestones. Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll be just fine.

New tattoo is healing well. I think it looks great but had a lot of people questioning me why a fully grown 37 year old bloke wants the Superman logo tatted on his chest. I just told them all I am superman lol..I would put pictures up but I ain't got a clue how to do it lol..

Got a busy few days at work now as the football season is about to begin. They have a pre season game today and I have to make sure no one including press can get to the players and manager. And tomorrow the players have an open day for all their families and all the staff associated with the club so security has to be tight. They are sending me down some extra guards and I'll be responsible for deploying them and making sure nothing bad happens.

Oh well I must crack on...

Take care all. ..Steve
Old 07-27-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Steve, sounds like you will be busy! I can't wait for the SPL to start back up, we are both Celtic fans and get along when we can. I wish Rangers were back in the top flight though, I miss those old firm games- nothing like the adrenaline surge when your team scores against the old enemy!!
My grandad was a Baggies fan,so I kind of follow them, but I guess having been born nearest to them you could call Wolves my home team ! Now I keep a weather eye on Dundee & Dundee United too as they are my closest- not too hard as we only have 12 teams in the SPL
Uploading photos: I press 'go advanced' on the message box, scroll down to 'manage attatchments' and upload there. If anyone knows a better way please?

DG I guess at least you now can afford a new water heater and don't have to either freeze or get into debt! As for the situ with the bf I guess you will both deal when one or both is ready to talk. Remember sometimes broken things can be fixed, you may both just need to remember what brought you together in the first place. Hubby and I have been close to the edge more than once, but decided that what we wanted to work at what was wrong. At the moment we are rubbing along pretty well! ( if I ignore the fact he has been totally grumpy all week!!lol)

Mel, Pete, Riky, ML you are all going great guns! And treating yourselves with some of the money saved is a definite, we used alcohol as a reward ( amongst many, many other things!) so we do need to learn other ways to praise ourselves for our good work.

SJ MB Drake S&S Grace ( if you can read these messages on hol!) Nicky and every other special Undie, have a fab weekend what ever you are doing

Be strong be safe be sober!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Toots I'm a Wolves fc fan. I had a season ticket for over 15 years. Boy o boy do I get some banter at the club I'm working for now lol.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Good Saturday Undies! So happy to see some of our newest members making some great goals! I like to say if I can do it, you can too!

Had a fun evening with a high school friend who also lives here in KC and some of her friends at a Japanese restaurant. Lots of sushi was enjoyed. I didn't even miss the traditional Japanese beer I used to have.

We are in the middle of a cool spell, only 57 deg (14C for the rest of the world) this AM at about 7AM, which is quite cool for this time of year. Windows open and all. Going to get out and do some garden work, we had a beetle infestation yesterday, hope they just went on and did not eat everything.

make it a great weekend Undies!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

HD - Thank you for the beautiful post. You most certainly have a role in the big scheme of things! Your support here and in AA is helping many alcoholics. Wow - I cannot imagine putting together a picnic for that many people. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Melivinsober - CONGRATULATIONS on one-half a year of sobriety That is a huge accomplishment! I am so happy that you are celebrating and getting a tattoo.

Trikynky - Congratulations on 15 days of sobriety I love your prayer about thanking God for what we do have. Keep up the good work and take it one day at a time.

Drake - Glad to hear that you had good and sober evening. Enjoy working in your garden.

Toots, Steve, Nicky, Bloss, DG0409, Pete and anyone else I have forgotten - wishing you all a wonderful sober day.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Day 9 and i'm going strong. Heading to a big club tonight so this is my biggest challenge yet. At the moment, i have absolutely no desire to drink alcohol. Whenever i smell someone around me drinking, i gag. But we'll see how the night pans out.
I used some of the money that i've saved by not drinking to treat myself to lunch on the beach. Then went to a local cupcake shop and had a strawberry cake and a cup of coffee. Delicious!

Hope everyone is having a positive weekend xxxxx
Old 07-27-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Day 233 and all is well. Been at work 3 hours just another 12 to go lol.

Congrats to everyone hitting milestones. Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll be just fine.

New tattoo is healing well. I think it looks great but had a lot of people questioning me why a fully grown 37 year old bloke wants the Superman logo tatted on his chest. I just told them all I am superman lol..I would put pictures up but I ain't got a clue how to do it lol..

Got a busy few days at work now as the football season is about to begin. They have a pre season game today and I have to make sure no one including press can get to the players and manager. And tomorrow the players have an open day for all their families and all the staff associated with the club so security has to be tight. They are sending me down some extra guards and I'll be responsible for deploying them and making sure nothing bad happens.

Oh well I must crack on...

Take care all. ..Steve
Awesome Steve. I want a tattoo so bad, but scared of the pain. I want something to mark my sobriety, and a reminder to never drink again. My wife looks at me like I'm insane whenever I mention the tattoo.
Steve, the way you work and stay sober you are Superman. Our football (real football, haha) season starts soon in America, going to to weird watching it sober.

Good to read my Undies are staying sober and strong. Day 123, glad to be sober and living today.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Just got back from my home group meeting where I proudly picked up my 60 day chip! It is great to have such wonderful supporting people in my life.

This is not my first rodeo and they have all seen me slip and slide and yet they are still here to support me. I picked up my first 60 day chip 18 months ago so this has been a long rode for me.

Thanks to SR and the support I have I will stay the course

Hope everyone has a great sober Saturday!!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by messyliver View Post
But we'll see how the night pans out.
Not we'll see

Is this a good idea ?

If you go we'll be with you

I wish you wouldn't

Tr