Notices

Class of June 2013 Pt 5

Old 07-19-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Just been out to buy flowers and chocs for the nursery workers, bloody sobriety and it's emotional roller coasters - I can't stop welling up! Will have to pick DD up in sunglasses as I just know I'm going to cry...

Sorry just rambling to myself trying to get it all out so hopefully a bit calmer when I go to pick her up!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good day Max

D
Old 07-19-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee will do Have a good erm... sleep!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

also will do, lol

D
Old 07-19-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I cried!!!

Ah well, nothing wrong with a bit of emotion
Old 07-19-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

been to therapy, out for lunch and my husband gave me a beautiful diamond eternity ring. it's our 5th wedding anniversary next month, and it was also a gift to mark my sobriety. i am blessed.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ippochick View Post
been to therapy, out for lunch and my husband gave me a beautiful diamond eternity ring. it's our 5th wedding anniversary next month, and it was also a gift to mark my sobriety. i am blessed.
Awww how lovely, romantic and supportive too! All sounding very positive

If anybody fancies getting me a diamond ring for a month of sobriety... no need to be shy now...

Just back in from the garden. Life seems to be on a loop at the moment - nursery/garden, the paddling pool isn't holding up too badly with its nail varnish puncture repair. I must be the only person in the UK who is still pasty white but with an extra thousand freckles! Grrrr - why can't I be a bronzed goddess?!

Just wondering how my son is getting on, he's had a school trip to a theme park for the day, I hope he's not too hot/burned/hungry - I've no doubt that he's managed to spend his £20 spending money on junk!

Sorry, on and on... can you guess I only have a 4 year old for company right now? As lovely as she is I'm really missing adult conversation, crikey, just my 15 year old would do!

*note to self - get out more*

Hope everybody else is ok, it's a bit quiet in here
Old 07-19-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

8.43pm and off to bed... it's been a funny old day. Just going to switch off and read
Old 07-19-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi all, firstly congratulations ippochick- you've done soooooo well you deserve it.

Hi MyTimeNow, know where you are coming from, ive had a good day at work today, but on bus home I felt really down at things in my life and my alcoholism. EVERYONE seemed to be either talking about drink or happily in relationships, my insides looking at how 'great' other peoples outsides seem. Had a phonecall from my eldest daughter and she cheered me up saying how well her last day of school has been.

Have beaten it and come home and grateful I have. Its scary how this voice in our heads works- it forgets the good in our lives and magnifies the bad, got a weekend with my two girls from tomorrow and Im looking forward to it. Still lonely for adult conversation- my mind imagines me 'conversing' with other happy people in pubs, forgetting my problems. It NEVER works out like that for me, I either have a couple and leave angry at others being able to stay or carry on and black out. Far rather adult, sober conversation here, with like minded people!

Focusing on tomorrow now. My friend who is in AA comes back from holiday this weekend and I need to find the time to meet up with him at some point and talk.

Anyway struggled through it but won and posting here sober, VERY hot and grateful to you all for being here. Thank you.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hello All,

Happy Friday! I'm going to take a break from SR for a bit, so if you don't see me posting, don't worry. I'll check in at some point. Just taking time to focus on me cause I find myself worrying about others. That's just who I am.

Best to you all,

June
Old 07-19-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes June - we'll still be here if you need us or when you want to come back

D
Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Glad you're still with us 1step sounds like a good weekend planned.

Take care June, don't be a stranger and all that

Morning/evening/afternoon everybody else tea's up!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hey all.

I feel guilty,ashamed and great to be sober again. My last binge wasn't going to be stopped by no one. I wanted it and the last thing I wanted was anyone to stop me. My head was a mess with the ex at the time, and tbh I didn't want to wake up from that binge. They don't call it a slow suicide for nothing though, so awake I am.

Now enough of that depression stuff. I'm delighted with life right now. She talked to me and we've made amends, we're apart but if I sort my life out I wil get access to the child. Those simple words were all I needed to drive me into full time sobriety mode.

I've never really liked drink so I'm going to tackle the route cause that made me drink. Stuff i won't go into here. That's going to be painful but I'm sure if I sort the cause out from the start then the rest dies, like a kick ass vampire movie lol

Happy as anything despite not being able to sleep due to this heat, who cares ? it'll rain the rest of the year. Ireland getting Spanish weather, who'd of thought it!

Sorry for the long post. Just I'm buzzing and been wanting to post for a day or two. I hope everyone else is still going strong! Prob shud be in the July thread lol

ps. hope it's ok me coming back. I feel like crap for drinking again and lying about wanting to get sober, I never wanted it enough at that time.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to have you back jr

D
Old 07-20-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Glad you're back too jr
Old 07-20-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Great you're back Jr, my mum lives in Ireland in Cavan not the best at geography is that near Derry?, I slipped too last weekend and like you have a lot of things that need sorting with the ex, luckily I have access to my beautiful girls, but never had a clean break or moved on.

Im feeling positive also about staying sober today though, still very hot here, but kept busy today with the kids helping me in the back garden, made me think why do I want to destroy myself by drinking poison that turns me into someone I don't like?

Early days and Ive been here before so not taking things for granted that il feel great tomorrow or the next etc. But today im sober and that's a good day for me. We can do this Jr.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good day 1step. I ended up going over to my Nans yesterday, I called her in the morning and she calmly slipped in that the brakes failed on her car Thursday whilst she was driving home. Did she call anybody oh no - just kept on driving in 2nd all the way! So took her some shopping and her newspaper, popped over to my Mums just to make sure the house was all ok whilst she in France. Not really exciting stuff!

Off to a country park today with a friend and her son, it should be fun... that said we are getting out of the way because her husband is moving out, so maybe not! I'm sure the kids will enjoy.

Have a good day everybody
Old 07-21-2013, 01:55 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Cavan and Derry couldn't be much further apart 1step.

So few people posting lately I hope they're alright. Still going strong here. The weather has finally calmed down and I at last got a good nights sleep. I had about 4 hours in 3 nights there and was walking about like I wasw stoned lol.

Gonna do some exercise and go for a walk today.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

hey jr, glad it's going ok for you.

day 35 here and i'm actually starting to lose count of the days. i'm taking this as a good sign. my meds are all messed up as my psychiatrist 'forgot' to write to the GP to change my script so sleep is all over the place.

i've got an app though that plays rain sounds and am training my brain that it means sleep time! it's actually really relaxing.

junegirl - don't be a stranger.

stepup, one day at a time, right.

mtn - where did everybody go??
Old 07-21-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi guys, told you my geography wasn't great Jr!

Doing ok, had my daughters until this afternoon so they kept me busy. Was majorly tempted after dropping them off at their mums, she'd been to a wedding and was hungover and totally different to the day before when I re-arranged my plans so she could be there on time, anyway I left before it turned into an argument. On the way home I was thinking of being sat in a beer garden having a few, but glad to say the craving passed and I went shopping for food for work tomorrow instead.

Missing a few familiar people here: Bensmammy, LifeBegins etc, hope everyones ok and check in again soon.

Have a great sober sunday guys.