Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 17

Old 07-13-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hiya Bloss, Pete, Toots, Stevie, Melivin, WWG, Dee and whoever else I might have overlooked (big group!)
Old 07-13-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Pete- I agree, a great day ahead.

Toots- I'm not really sure. It's always hard to know what a psycho is going to do. But I have no real reason to think he's going to contact. Just found out about some online activity of his and guessing at what it could mean. I realized last night though that it maybe more likely means he's afraid of me than that he's actually going to do anything. You are right, I am stronger. In some ways, I almost hope he does try contacting me. He won't find the victim he remembers! And I was nice last time... if I hear from him ever again, I am done with being nice. Plus, I learned a lot last time, I think I'd handle so many things better this time. It's been like week of the exes for me. I'm ready for next week!!

Murchovski-- Well done on 63 days!! Two months!!!! Congrats.

hayley- 280 days rocks!

Drake- going to the pool sounds like fun. Except, I always think about kids peeing in them and get creeped out!

Steve- Hang in there buddy!! You're doing great.

BoozeFree- Welcome back!

SJ- This is actually a different ex. The police here are pretty worthless. When I was being harassed, they pretty much suggested it was my fault! Ex lives a long way away though, so I'm not too worried about him showing up here, although it wouldn't be impossible. More worried about him trying to get to me in other ways... but like I said above, once I calmed down and thought about it, his behavior doesn't indicate any real threat at this point.

WWG- you're doing great!! Hang in there!!

Melvin- hope you're doing well.

Bloss- you're right, it doesn't matter what got done, you're sober!!!

Dee- hope you're doing good, too!! You're posts are always short, but to the point!! Love them.

HD- You got my response yesterday, but 'hi'.

Today I'm looking forward to working on a few projects around the house and just in general not feeling pressured to work. Feeling pretty good, really.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Around the home today, my son was supposed to stop by this morning. Just got a text "call you later today". Proceeding with my plans, too bad he didn't let me know sooner, oh well. Thinking along those lines, there were quite a few times I canceled last minute due to drinking or hangover. Hope that's not why he couldn't show up. No reason to speculate, just reflecting on how sobriety encourages honesty and less drama (IMO).

Have a happy Saturday, Undies
Bloss
Old 07-13-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

HD no kidding on the emotions being a rollercoaster. It's like you have to re-learn how to cope. And seriously, AA has saved my life. And other supports like this site. Hope you are doing well *hugs*

Been really busy lately. Haven't had a chance to catch up till now. I had an extremely vivid dream last night. I was out with friends and I inhaled some sort of sundae icecream thing and then I ordered this fruity delicious looking martini and my cousin looked at me and said, "you're going to trade in all this time for a drink?" Then I woke up in a panic. It was one of those dreams where I had to collect myself and try to remember if it really happened or not. Gratefully it was a not. *sigh* 15 days till my tattoo.

And it seems like a lot of us are having a hard time. WWG, Stevie, BF and everyone else hang in there! *Hugs*
Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Stevie, I hope after the three hours of sleep you were able to train the new guy in a semi-coherent way. Hopefully he'll be able to take some of the intense workload away from you.

BF--Forget the past. Focus! Cram, cram, cram for Tuesday! Then come here and we'll all celebrate with a praisefest!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Gilmer I didn't have to train him...I literally went in , did his job and just helped him out...He has no interest in doing the job and was only there to try and help out...

Just got home from work after a mega sh1tty day...Been craving beer all day and it really got me down even though I was busy....I stopped by the shop on the way back , looked at the booze and left with 3 cans of coke....Craving is still there but I'll be going to bed soon so I'll be safe..

It just goes to show that even when you think you got a little sober time under your belt , if you ain't careful and wary it can always come back and bite you in the a$$...

Boozefree I'm sorry to hear you slipped...Get back on the horse buddy..

I'm too tired to go through everyone else lol so please forgive me...

Take care....Steve.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post

I'm too tired to go through everyone else lol so please forgive me...

Take care....Steve.
Nowt to forgive buddie, go get unconscious for about 2 days! Really, really good work on getting the coke
Old 07-13-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, well today I went to the beach, its a two and a half hour train journey but armed with my book, Drinking a love story by Caroline Knapp , water and beach towel. I had the most wonderful peaceful day. My AV didn't appear. Now a few weeks ago I wouldn't have been in a fit state to do this. I went on my own as Hubby has friends over and there on a drinking session, I didn't want to sit in a pub on such a beautiful day . I got offered a drink on the train coming back, it was full with cricket supporters and a young lad offered me a swig of his very large bottle of Bud, I felt smug but said , no thanks I don't drink, it felt so good to say that , I feel like yelling it from the roof tops. Big hugs to every one x
Old 07-13-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Just had a great dinner with my wife and daughter overlooking the ocean. Every table around us had alcohol, it made me quite jealous. But, I had iced tea and we had a lower bill because of no alcohol.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Sounds great! Think of the money saving! As well as health benefits!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Pete I like the picture!!! are you a singer?

wwg it's best to put a good spin on it. People keep talking about getting beers after work.... I never drank beer... but I'm feeling jealous too. :/ But we have better lives now than when we drank. I know I don't want to go back to that.

I also need to start getting more honest. I'm not drinking but I wanted to start eating healthier. I bought an energy drink today and hid the can from my boyfriend. I didn't want him to see it in the trash or the recycles, so I hid it!!! Just like it were booze. Not good. So I think I need to get real with myself. I'm compensating for ditching booze with caffeine. I know caffeine isn't such a big deal, but the sneaking and lying is. I lied the other day about something that happened to make the story better. ...again for ME this is not a good sign. I need to be more honest with myself. Thanks for listening undies!

HUGS to all! it's just now Sunday here. Have a good one all.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hiya sober Jennie!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Just had a great dinner with my wife and daughter overlooking the ocean. Every table around us had alcohol, it made me quite jealous. But, I had iced tea and we had a lower bill because of no alcohol.
Its a real bonus not paying having to pay for alcohol , you can go out for another meal with the money saved, I drink tap water when I go out now, that means less calories and room for pudding mmm
Old 07-14-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

If I could bottle how I feel this morning and sell it I would be a millionaire. I feel so fresh and looking at my Hubby and friends Im glad I don't drink any more I know my AV will come back and try to tempt me but I have to remember this amazing feeling and not be fooled because Im happy, into having a drink , I had many excuses and one was when I was happy or excited. Happy Sunday everyone x
Old 07-14-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

AW great attitude, and by the sounds of it a great day! I've heard of her book, but yet to read it.

WWG, why were you bothering to look at what other people were drinking when you had your beautiful family around you and that awesome view? One of my favourite song lyrics is from Sheryl Crow ' it's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.' You are a lucky guy WWG, be thankful.

Mel, good self awareness, you got into a habit of lying and hiding your addiction, you are breaking the addiction, now you can work on the habit. As for caffeine, it is an addiction too far for me, I will give up everything else, but you will need to rip the coffee cup from my cold dead hand!!!! 😄

Pete, I also love your new pic! I think I had cheek bones once!

To all other undies; be strong, be safe, be sober
Old 07-14-2013, 01:17 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Toots the book is a very good read and I can so relate to it, theres a list on the forum somewhere and Im going to work down it. I love reading autobiography's..
Old 07-14-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Day 220....Another 15 hours at work.... Still craving....Not happy.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Day 220....Another 15 hours at work.... Still craving....Not happy.
Stick with it Stevie, you are doing great. 220 Days is amazing!
Old 07-14-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hang tough Stevie - if I can make it, you can

D
Old 07-14-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Sunday 10.50

Good morning my lovely Undies

I can't believe how long it is since I last posted, it wasn't intentional, it just I've had so much going on at home, some renovations being done and everywhere is upside down, my lovely Dad's not so good, the weather has been baking hot and I've been making the most of it, my son has given me a load of heartache and grief but nothing new there, every time I think he can't do anything more, he goes and surpasses himself!
Anyway, my head is in a good place, I'm sober, I'm well and I'm trying to deal with all life is throwing at me in a rational way. Strangely enought, I've not really had any desire to drink and I'm thinking that if I've got through everything that's happened to me in this last 11 months without drinking that I really CAN do this! I know I can.
There are too many posts since my last post to reply to them all, so I'll just start with this page and take it from there. I've missed you all and have thought about you all often.

Hi Jennie, lovely to see you still in the Undies, I hope all is well with you.

DG409, it sounds like you've had a lot of bother with exes. I will have to go back and catch up on all I've missed, but it does sound like your coping well so good for you, keep it up, don't let anyone mess with your head or get you down.

Bloss, that's son's for you, but you're right to carry on with what you had planned. There's probably a valid reason for him not showing. Whatever, you just enjoy your day and look after yourself.

Melvin, hi I still quite often have those strange drinking dreams, not as often as I did, but when I do they are so real, so vivid and like you I wake up in a panic with my heart pounding and that awful guilty feelig I used to get in the pit of my stomach. I just think of them now as reminders of how I don't want to be.
Hope work is being kind to you.
Hey, don't put yourself down, you're doing really well and at least you are aware of the things you need to work on, and that in itself is fantastic. Just a few tweaks that's all. xx

Hi Gilmer, I'm so pleased to see you here still posting too. Is all your paper work etc done and dusted now? Can't be long until your graduation.

Steve, I've missed you my good mate. Sorry you've had such a sh*tty time of it at work, but thank goodness you didn't cave, you'd have been gutted. The A.V is a crafty devil, that's one of his tricks, waiting until you have some good sober time under your belt and letting your guard down a bit, then up pops his ugly head.
Hey, I've just read your last post and you know 'this too shall pass' you've not come this far to let it all slide now. You are strong, keep reminding yourself of that because it is true. I need you with me on our journey. xxx

Hi Toots, my lovely sober Scottish friend. I'm still so pleased that you've joined us Undies. Love that Sheryl Crowe song, how apt and you are so right in what you say there.

HI Aw58, that sounds like a blisfull day, a day on the beach with a book, my idea of the sublime. I read the Caroline Knapp book too and, I could relate to so much in it.
Can't believe what good weather we are having, I'm loving it, just a pity we have to work in it.

Matthew, I'm jealous of you being able to have dinner overlooking the ocean, sounds like bliss to me. Just look at what lovely memories you are creating for your little girl. You're doing good.

Hi Pete, I was going to ask if you are a singer too. How's things going with you? I hope you are well.

Hi Hayley, have a lovely Sunday.

Hi Dee, good to see you still giving good advice, everybody's rock as ever. Thank you.

Hopefully I'll be back here later so stay safe and sober all.

Lots of love

Gxxxx

Just for Today: I know that looking good isn't enough. Lasting recovery is an inside job.