Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 8

Old 07-12-2013, 02:54 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

RAL- you're not boring and here you have stuff you say. I can relate though, I am very shy. I've figured this is what I need to work on.... Sounds like something you need to as well. awesome that drinking wasn't even a thought.

I am getting ready to go to work and then I have a meeting over in Tampa tonight. Monday I find out out what meds I take for my stomach.... I am trying not to think about it. But I want to be informed when he talks to me because I really don't want to be on steroids...

Everyone have a good day!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

morning all! 2inconsolable I agree with others it doesn't matter what thread you post on, but we are happy you came to us! Don't kick yourself that just makes things worse, square your shoulders and do it again! we are here for you!!
sorry I haven't posted but I have had a crazy week with hubby gone, he comes home today!! yeah! I have gotten a LOT done though. I am proud that I didn't go over board in the junk food area, did have popcorn a few to many times but oh well. I FINALLY broke the 170 lb mark that I have been stuck at for it seems forever! Need to get myself ready for work, take care all!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good tohear from you 2inconsolable.I agree with the others, whrereever youfeel most comfortable-both classes is a great idea too

congrats on 170 lb tazzle

Thanks Lynn, I am shy and drinking was done to make me not shy.It's hard to work on not being shy,almost like trying to be someone I'm not. Heck it's so difficult
Old 07-12-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Thanks Lynn, I am shy and drinking was done to make me not shy.It's hard to work on not being shy,almost like trying to be someone I'm not. Heck it's so difficult
I don't think I am necessarily shy, but always felt that without alcohol in my system no one would like the "real" me. I was generally always a "happy" drunk, of course I had myself fooled that no one knew I had been drinking and they also didnt notice that my "one" glass never seemed to be empty or to low. I still have a hard time not drinking prior to any social event.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hubby's home!!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning all

Glad your husband is home tazzle.

Busy fewdays here. Took Junior RAL to a chocolate factory yesterday -yummy.They got to make chocolate animals and slabs of chocolate. It was such a lovely day and there was a great indoor and outdoor play area for them too. Busy tomorrow and away next week so having a lazy day today

If Iwas drinking I would be clock watching when out waiting to get home to drink wine. It's amazing how selfish I was. Now,it's fun to be out all day,even with other people too and really enjoy it.

Happy sober Sunday.x
Old 07-14-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hey all!

Taz, glad your husband is home.

Chocolate factory?! That is so cool RAL!

Hello to everyone else, hope all the quiet is because everyone is having a good weekend.

I've had tummy problems and a headache all week, so I have been lying low this weekend, watching Netflix (orange is the new black is my new favorite show!). I'm debating whether or not I want to go to Zumba this morning or continue to rest. I have my doc's appt for colitis tomorrow and I'm trying to stay off the Internet on what they will do with me. Lol

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-14-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, all!

RAL, a chocolate factory sounds like heaven for a kid! Did you keep the smell of chocolate on you for a long time afterward? In Hershey, PA the whole town smells like chocolate!

Tazzle, glad your husband got home safely and glad you didn't drink while he was away.

Tam, don't push yourself too hard -- rest if it feels right is my advice. I hope the doctor has good news!

Gonzo, how are you doing on that exercise bike?

No news from me -- work, husband, meetings. Still on my fourth step -- haven't done anything on it since my mother's funeral and frankly don't think I will for a while. I'm in a bit of a funk, really, I just want to be quiet for a while.

Hi and hugs to Napster, Marria, 2Inconsolable, Fallow, Alice, Dee and anyone else who may be lurking!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Morning! Where is everyone?

Got my meds from the doc....very odd, the colitis is only in the last foot of my colon, which is good compared to others. Not so good when it comes to the medication. That's ok, I will do this for 2 months and then, have a follow up. Off to work. They are making org changes which is stressful.

Everyone have a good day!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad the news is not so bad Tam

I'm around guys - just pretty busy at the moment

D
Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
p***enger

Glad to hear that the dr news is not so bad, Tam. I hope the meds work!

Dee, what's up? I hope whatever you're busy with is a good thing.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just busy with life and SR, Courage - no drama

off to bed - have a good day all

D
Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

hello all! 2inconsolable- how are you doing? I have been wondering/worrying about you. I hope you realize it was just a stumble and that it doesnt need to dictate your future. Let me/us know how you are doing and if we can help.
We finally finished with the tile work in the bathroom, it is still not shiney, I sealed it but that didnt put the shine on that I thought it should have, any ideas? It is definately not a professional job,but both hubby and I are proud that we did it ourselves, lots of internet searches and trips and advise from home depot, but we did it! Still have to do the baseboard, door trim, have to wait for payday for that. Even got the toilet bolted down like it should be .
Weather has been in the low 100's, so we are doing lawn and flower work later in the evening, I havent been walking at all, I hate showing up for work all sweaty so am hoping next week will be better. I have been making my smoothies almost daily for work, it really fits the 10 am hunger pang. Weeding out the tastes that I do not like, mango, plain yogart, has to have a banana in it and mixing strawberries and blackberries isnt my favorite either. Looking for other drinks I can make in my blender that can help with weight loss and health in general. I see there is a thread for healthy eating on SR, so will check that out, hope they are not to fanatical tho,,,,
talk to ya'll later
Old 07-16-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi all

Hope you are ok courage-quiet is good if it's what you need. It's positive to listen to what you need and treat yourself gently. I know when I drank I didn't listen to what I needed.

Tam-glad the news isn't bad for you. Hope you start to see positive results from taking your meds.

Hope you're ok Dee

Tazzle-be proud of yoruself being prodctive and doing the bathroom-it's impressive.What material are your tiles?Whilst not a plumber,Mr RAL isexperienced at tiling etc. I'll ask him tips for shining if you let me know what sort they are

Not much here,weather cooler, coming off anti-ds so sleeping loads though generally feeling mentally stronger and no horrid side effects. Keeping a close eye on it though

At least I don'twant a drink
Old 07-16-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks RAL we need all the help we can get. They are porcelain
Old 07-17-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Happy 7 months Courage!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Morning all, well had a slip on the weekend, not a bad one but a slip none the less. Nothing in particular triggered it, just the usual where I tell myself its the weekend so it won't have consequences. Not real happy about it, was doing much better in general with it. Need to do something different here this time, just get too complacent with the sobriety and then the urge just comes on like crazy for no real reason. Sigh, Day 2.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
p***enger

Aw, Gonzo, I'm sorry to hear that, but those days you racked up before weren't wasted!

Don't let it get you down. We all just have today.

I totally understand where you (and 2Inconsolable) are coming from -- I get so tired of myself sometimes, I just want to take a break. Sometimes I think it's only a matter of time before I start drinking again. And then, I think, "maybe, but I won't drink today."
Old 07-17-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to hear about your trouble too Gonzo.
Any plans to do anything differently now?

D
Old 07-17-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Sorry to hear that gonzo. Like Dee said, what's the plan?