Notices

Class of June 2013 Pt 3

Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lifebeginsat41 View Post
Bird don't beat yourself up - we're here to support each other. So when tomorrow is your Day 1 we will walk beside you.

Thank you LBA41 , that's so nice to hear.xxx
Old 06-26-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post

I'm off to bed as I'm not sure what to do with myself other than read. Feeling quite low after a day of struggling. Night all x
get good sleeps MTN - see you tomorrow for a better day x
Old 06-26-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

really wanting to drink today.. in meetings and running around all day so no dog walk or exercise.. I find exercise makes a huge difference.. Thunderstorms around, so can't go outside.

Today is 9.. first time into double digits tomorrow.

I will not drink today.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hey bird I'm with Lifebefgins - don't beat yourself up - lots of water and an early night (((((big hugs))))) wish I could meet you and Ippo for coffee xxx
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

scooby - hang in there and i hope you feel better.

mammy - i'll take you up on that one day!

day 10 done here. last diazepam tonight. sending healing thoughts to those who are struggling, and thanks again to all for the company today. i couldn't have got this far without you.

night night! x
Old 06-26-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshinescooby View Post
really wanting to drink today.. in meetings and running around all day so no dog walk or exercise.. I find exercise makes a huge difference.. Thunderstorms around, so can't go outside.

Today is 9.. first time into double digits tomorrow.

I will not drink today.
Look forward to your double digit post tomorrow Scooby. Hang in there and get a good nights sleep (thunderstorm permitting).
Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Day 11 almost done - still not sleeping well and Im hoping this changes in the future.

My appetite is better, Im happy to report. I feel temptation everyday but I ride out the urges. Last night I had a major delay at an airport and usually this would be reason enough to get to the local bar there and drink a few. I went, and had a hot tea with milk and sugar instead.

I'm determined to do this - but its not easy. I feel tested all the time. ALL the time. I guess, that is part of the process.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Thank you Ippo and LB41.. Did get the dogs out so feeling better. One other thing I find that helps when I want to have a drink is thinking about having my sleepy time tea and reading before bed..
I love that ritual, and when I drink, that doesn't happen, or if it does, I just pass out and can't remember what I've read!!

Looks like I'll make it through this day after all.

Thanks again! So grateful to have SR to turn to when things get rough!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Aw scooby - I love that bed time ritual too - just finished it now and turning.

good night class of June 2013 ..... First person to say goodnight John boy is getting a cyber slap .... Lifebegins I know your thinking it lol
Old 06-26-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good night Jon-Boy.
It's only 6:30 pm here, but I'd better get in bed before I have a glass of wine.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

1 week sober off to bed here, take care all.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I joined the April 2013 class, but I didn't make it through that month, I didn't even try in May, and I tried earlier in June, failed and here I am again on my day 3. I am now working on a more organized plan for sobriety so hopefully third time is the charm. Good luck to everyone!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Drew a line in the sand monday.

Perhaps tomorrow (thursday) I won't step over.

Congrats to all of you who are sober. To the rest of us . Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.

I an envious.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

what have you been doing so far to stay sober far2go?

D
Old 06-26-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

tempe.. me too! PJs on at 6:30.. Trying to trick my brain into thinking it's bed time not drink time..
Old 06-26-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Night all.

Another day. Tonight my AV was barking up a quiet storm - a night w/o the kid, with the wife, out at a restaurant, watching a movie on the couch - typically a classic night to get a nice, deep buzz laid on. My AV had me wishing I put a couple back.

But not tonight. And it doesn't feel all that great to be sober.

But I am sober. Because I don't drink.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Unseen light and Far2Go - welcome to the June club we're please dot have you with us.

Bensmammy; it wasn't me it was Tempe :-) (but only because I was asleep to be fair) :-)

Have a great sober day everyone - we can do this!!

Got a committee meeting tonight I don't want to go to (for serval reasons - wine being one of them) so I may develop an excuse later in the day - we shall see...
Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Most of you Northern Hemispherians are all tucked up in bed!
Day 5, going ok except I have come down crook (sick) with a cold.
Frozen chicken and vege soup came to my rescue. I'm feeling pretty flat but I guess being sick is making things worse.
I contemplated going to an AA meeting yesterday, but probably best not to turn up spreading germs around!..... So, I can stay strong on my own. I will stay strong on my own!!!!!!!

Time for a nap methinks.
Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences here. It is really really helping me.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone!

I've been lurking for a few days (this is day 4 to be exact) and finally worked up the nerve to make an account. I'm new to the forum but definitely not new to recovery. Your posts have really helped me get through these first few days, and I can't begin to tell you how much strength your words have given me. Just knowing that you aren't alone can make a world of difference.

Today has been very up and down for me. One second I'm doing great and feeling positive and energized, and the next I'm crying and itching for something to numb myself. I've gotten through it, though, and with a half hour into day four, feeling pretty alright with myself. Just very thankful to have another day sober.

Keep up the fantastic work!
Old 06-26-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurelyImpure View Post
Hello, everyone!

I've been lurking for a few days (this is day 4 to be exact) and finally worked up the nerve to make an account. I'm new to the forum but definitely not new to recovery. Your posts have really helped me get through these first few days, and I can't begin to tell you how much strength your words have given me. Just knowing that you aren't alone can make a world of difference.

Today has been very up and down for me. One second I'm doing great and feeling positive and energized, and the next I'm crying and itching for something to numb myself. I've gotten through it, though, and with a half hour into day four, feeling pretty alright with myself. Just very thankful to have another day sober.

Keep up the fantastic work!
Congrats on day 4. I've got about 4 1/2 hours till my day 4 begins so aside from the time difference, we're on the same page. I spent a few months reading posts on here before ever making an account. I love reading, but posting and getting responses is really helpful too. Congrats again and keep it up!