Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 15

Old 06-26-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

He has a brother Sassy.

I apologize for all smokers Toots. We do stink. I keep a bottle of frebreez on me and a small tube of tooth paste to suck on after a smoke. I try to remember it is not a pleasant smell and keep my distance after partaking. I try hard not to smoke around non smokers. Now that is a bad smell. A long night of boozing and smoking. The next day even I would gag over it. That's a smell I do remember Marcher! Ugh.

My last bad habit. If I quit smoking I will be as pure as the driven snow. Almost.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Shoes, is his brother the same kind of prize catch?

Sass
Old 06-26-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - just popping in to send you all my best. Doing well, and now I can complain about the heat. Big love to LifeT.

I'm approaching 150 days smoke-free Shoes, and it was stopping the nicotine that finally pushed me over the edge to stop drinking. Truth be told, I miss the smokes more than the booze, but without both I feel so much better and have more energy.

Big love to the Marchers!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

North, that's terrific, congrats!!!

Hugs,
Sass
Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good to see you North, glad you are doing well.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers!

Originally Posted by Northlander View Post
now I can complain about the heat.
:rotfxko

: <---- North at probably 15C

<------- Marcher at 14C

Shoes sweetheart, I've never driven snow anywhere but I'm sure you are just as pure as it.

Joy I love what your little bloke said!

Have a good day.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hahahahaha...omg Marcher that was hysterical. How the heck do you come up with those?

Congrats North! You must be saving a bundle. I quit the smoking I could go back to shoe buying.

You know, it just dawned on me. I haven't thought about shoes for a really long time. I think I'm just grateful for everything I have now and more isn't really needed. Oh someday I will see something that I can't resist but for now I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Every once in awhile I can't help but lay in bed and cry a little because I'm just so grateful.

My cup runneth over...and it ain't runnething over with cheap wine.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Marcher

Baahaaahaa! Saying any Marcher is as pure as driven snow!

Oh boy, probably only Aussies and West coast yanks up now. I'm just going to say this and then log off for tonight. I went to doctor today for test results and its not too good. So, gotta get more tests. To look at me, I look healthier than ever. But my blood work and a CT scan say otherwise. Wrong numbers all over the place and something funny on the scan. You know, when the doctor reads your chart for a while and closes the door and sits down to talk with you, spending TIME with you, then you really feel you are getting your money's worth! When I find out more, and that could be a while you know, I'll let you know. I'll take prayers if you say them!
So, all you amazing people, have a good night, morning, day! It's good to be clean and sober, no matter what!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

The prayer chain starts now Joy. ((((Hug))))
Old 06-26-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it's one of those things that turns out to be nothing joygirl

D
Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
New and learning

Hope it's a fluke mistake Joy!

Prayers for you!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Joygirl, I really hope nothing is seriously wrong, but I am thinking positive thoughts and sending good energy your way. Be strong. You are in my heart
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

North, good to hear from you sweetheart, I have missed you pictures!
Hi Bud, you have been a bit of a stranger too!
Marcher, those smileys are apt for me too, we feel its a heat wave when the temps reach the giddy heights of 15/17C!
Shoes, I loved smoking, but gave up, less from fear of dying, than fear of having bits lopped off! I quit 20+ years ago. Cigs are around $20 a packet here now, so you really are setting fire to dollar bills with each one you light! I'm no preacher, each to their own, but personally, I am so glad I quit.
Sass hope you are well. Do b12 tablets work as well as injections? I think it would help hubby, but he is a jab free zone, the big girls blouse!!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Joy, sending many prayers your way! Sometimes medical news can be bad but in my experience it isn't always as bad as the docs think. Miracles can and do happen. I've had two cases of absolutely determined medical conditions for which I was told I had at most 5 years. The first was 13 years ago, the second was almost 5 years ago.

Toots, I'm doing really well! According to one of my docs, b12 in tablet form is fine. The dosage might need to be a bit higher but it apparently works as well. I'm absolutely tickled - no cravings at all for the past several days!

Hugs,
Sass
Old 06-27-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Joy sweetie you are in my thoughts. Keep us up to date won't you, we'll all be keen to know what's happening and I sincerely hope it's very little.

Peeps I saw a friend tonight who hasn't seen me for about three months, she said how good I looked and wanted to know what my 'secret' was! I told her that I started dry July in March, she said no really, what's your secret?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Joy sweetie you are in my thoughts. Keep us up to date won't you, we'll all be keen to know what's happening and I sincerely hope it's very little.

Peeps I saw a friend tonight who hasn't seen me for about three months, she said how good I looked and wanted to know what my 'secret' was! I told her that I started dry July in March, she said no really, what's your secret?
March your comment to Peeps was hilarious!!! No, really, what's your secret. I loved it. ha ha ---made my day.
love and hugs to everyone today. I'm so glad to be here and sober ta boot
Old 06-27-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Waaah, nobody says I look better anymore. I do get told I'm not as crazy though. That's a plus.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Shoes, I'm sticking with you look better.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Prayers to Joy and hello to all!

Joygirl: You are absolutely in my prayers and I am also hoping the test was processed incorrectly... keeping my fingers crossed as well!

As for people saying we look better: my clients, who I see on the average of 2x a month, have been telling my how great I look as well... and since some of them can be manipulative, and they know it, say "I really mean it"... LOL;

This is weird, but when I was taking my painpills, my hair was falling out... not in chunks, but when I would wash my hair, strands would be all over my shower.
Now, it is back to just a very few. Whew!!!

And this may sound gross... but those of us on painpills, well, how can say this delicately, we aren't "regular" with bathroom issues, so I often felt and looked bloated and toxic.
Now, I have rid my body of the toxins, as well as having my body return to normal functioning, so I just do not have that "dopesick" look.

Enough of that! As you can see my my thanks, I am still a loyal, true blue Marcher, and enjoy reading the posts, but often don't have much to say.

Since I have a couple of vacation days, perhaps I will check in more often.

Peace and love to all my fellow Marchers!!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning Marchers!
Thanks for the kinds words! I'm sure it will be manageable, who knows? I'm certainly going to do everything I can to stay on top and keep moving on!

North, getting a little warm for Santa? Good to hear from you. I, too quit smoking. In April. Glad for that.

1day, my hair used to fall out a lot too! Not so much now. Strange, it must have something to do with hormones, maybe?

Sassy, no cravings for a few days? That's so great!

Shoes, not as crazy, eh? I have something funny to share with you. Remember last month when I went to therapist first time? You told me to paint one nail a different color, and I did. To be goofy. Well, yesterday in the waiting room I read a magazine and I quote:

The #1 fashion trend for nails is to paint one nail on each hand or foot a different color.

You crazy girl! You started something! Hahahahahaha! Not so goofy after all!

Have a good one all!