Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 15

Old 06-23-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Shoes, thanks for that great pic! It is priceless and made me laugh a lot :-)

Toots, I'll be thinking of you doing the 5k today in a sea of mud!

Marcher, you wouldn't by any chance be in the personal chef business? Waking up to your cooking descriptions makes me hungry.

Have a great day to all!

Hugs,
Sober Sassy
Old 06-23-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Well guys, the run is done! Or more accurately the slip, slide mince is done! It was treacherous nderfoot most of the way around, so we could do,little more than walk fast. Where possible I jogged and managed to run the last 1/2 k to the finish, as it was on gravel.
Thank you all for your kind thoughts, and sponsorship, we raised in the region of £300 so far, with a bit more to come in.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Toots, happy to hear you survived the 5k slip and slide! It sounds positively delightful
Old 06-23-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
New and learning

Way to go Toots! Good job! I cannot even imagine running, never have liked it or done well at it. You are such an inspiration, and your post on day 101 of the journey - absolutely beautiful! Wow!

Marcher.....love the lavender spray recipe. I even have lavender oil! Yesterday we went to a farmers market and I bought some homeopathic drops for sleep. I took some when in rehab and liked it, so was glad to have found some and tried them last night. But last night was a tough night.........my sweet daughter arrived home from her mssion trip to Guatemala. She walked in at 1:30 am! So.......it was a late night for sure.

Yay for 60 Sassy!

You ALL have made such a difference to me. Yes, I so relate to being able to share my stories and struggles here and you all GET it.

Last night, my husband and I went for a drive through a touristy town west of us, then to dinner at a place we haven't been before. It was great! We sat on the patio and enjoyed it. I commented that without drinking, we don't have to "stay close to home" in our restaurant picks anymore.......we were able to expand our options. . And for a brief moment I lamented not being able to try their (said to be fabulous) margaritas.......my drink of choice. But......no matter. I asked if they made fresh lemonade and they said no, but they do make their own limeade! Awesome! It was absolutely scrumptious! And I felt no lack of alcohol! I felt BETTER!

Being awake and sober when my sweet daughter came home was awesome too!

Loved the monkey photo! Hilarious!

Son on tour......does he sing? Play? Wow! The trip could shape him some.

Just enjoyed a fabulous 2 cup of coffee morning time reading and updating here. I guess I'm lame in my coffee consumption too. Was caffeine free in rehab and stuck with tea the first couple weeks home, then added in a cup of coffee every couple or other day.....then every day and now, up to two cups, or two glasses of iced. I better hold it off here.......

Enjoy the last day (or night for you other-siders) Of the weekend.

And know you, each and every one of you, is awesome!
Old 06-23-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

NMS what a lovely post! And isn't it wonderful being able to go on outings and not worry about where you will get your fill of booze or sulk if you have to drive home!!
It is so liberating!

I bet you had some catching up to do with your daughter, I'm sure she had a great experience.

You too are awesome NMS, when you think of how far down your road you have travelled, you have shown real strength and commitment.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Way to go, Toots!

Awesome job of setting and reaching a personal goal!

You are an inspiration to all of us!!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good morning all. WTG Toots! That is an awesome achievement. Sassy dear girl I would be your personal chef any day, I'm not a fancy cook/Masterchef but I am good at plain fresh ingredients well cooked and put together, basic baking etc. I'm heavily into simple, green, Nourishing Traditions style living. Shoes, I believe your friend and I would get on well. NMS you sound so satisfied...in a good way, not self-satisfied, content.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Good morning all. WTG Toots! That is an awesome achievement. Sassy dear girl I would be your personal chef any day, I'm not a fancy cook/Masterchef but I am good at plain fresh ingredients well cooked and put together, basic baking etc. I'm heavily into simple, green, Nourishing Traditions style living. Shoes, I believe your friend and I would get on well. NMS you sound so satisfied...in a good way, not self-satisfied, content.
Marcher, sounds perfect you're hired!

Hugs,
Sass
Old 06-24-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Evening Marchers, I bought myself a reward today, it weighs a ton so it will be interesting reading it in bed tonight!

bbible.jpg
Old 06-24-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Evening Marchers, I bought myself a reward today, it weighs a ton so it will be interesting reading it in bed tonight!

Attachment 18819
Try not to get bread crumbs in your bed, Marcher

S
Old 06-24-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning Marchers!

First of all, Toots, you did it! You sloshed a 5k! I think that's a huge accomplishment because it required: making a commitment, working to reach a goal, training, socializing, and follow through! All those things required sobriety. I am so inspired by you doing this, because it has been years since I've been able to do any of those things. I have been too afraid to try. Now, I am not afraid.

My son (Angry Son) is a musician, and he plays french horn in a traveling performance band. Its Music City Drum and Bugle Corps. They tour around the US, 8 states this summer, performing at stadiums. Very hard work, physically and mentally. He just turned 16, so he is a little younger than most of the others in the corps.

I call him Angry Son because he is in the midst of teenage angst, and we just moved from Orlando, FL, to a not-nearly-as-exciting town far away from friends and everything that is good and right in the world. So, yeah, he's angry most of the time. But I think after this summer on the road, he will have matured and will appreciate home, wherever it is!

Marcher, you sound like my kind of cook. I have enjoyed your links, too. I'll bet your home always smells good!

Shoes, Sassy, Duffster, NMS, 1day, Panache, and everyone else, hello and have a good one today!

Today is my 101 day. I am happy to be here. I didn't ever think I'd get this far, well, I guess I did, but I couldn't imagine it during those really low, dark, sick days. Every day I wake up, I REALLY wake up to this marvelous life. Not perfect, not always happy, sometimes frustrating, but ALWAYS marvelous!
Thanks to you all!
Love and Hugs!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone---it is 16 weeks (113days) for me today. Again i can't thank you guys enough.
Toots you really said it all in your thread. I think the world of you guys.
Shoes, Duffster,Tanja,Panache,Sass,Joygirl, Marcher,onedayatatime,Hi and everyone else I missed Hello.
NMS--Isn't it great going out to eat and ordering something else besides booze for a drink? I did the samething this last week-end. I still get those cravings and especially now(today) my husband is out of town tonight and i found myself thinking it would be ok to have a couple straight shots of vodka. After all, who would no? and then BOOM!!! I CAME TO MY SENSES. and told that AV to get the heck out of dodge. I didn't come this far to let that stinker think I would turn the other way. Enough said.
Love you guys and stay strong.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi my marching Marchers. Please forgive me, I haven't read back. I did a super quick flick and saw many many fireworks and so congrats to you firework prop;e and a big WOO HOO from all of us. i wonder seriously how much longer you can still claim to be a member of one forum when people are doing so well. I'm as stubborn as ever, unfortunately not 100 days in advance stubborn. Stick w me guys, i'm on No ! . PS this time if Idon't do it, I have the wrath of my dear precious pet taken too early screaming in my ear 'put the drink down"!. LOve you guys. xx
Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi al. I've just glanced at the posts and everyone sounds in fabulous form. I'm so so happy for you what been through and achieved, a big hoooooorrrraaaahhhhh for all. i can't believe we're even talking about 1oo days plus these days.
I'm well off that league. I may join June or Poss July now. I will never give up and i WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON THE MARCHERS. You are all fabulous I wish there was a cypher touch that you can actually feel but i'm sure there is if you just close your eyes and think of the man w little words but lots of love Dhaila L. Love u. xx
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

oops sorry, double post, excited!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Marcher

Life, You are a Marcher for life, I'm afraid. Go ahead and join June or July, but keep coming here, too.
I don't know if you've made it home yet? You are still in my prayers. I'm so glad you have come back to us!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hiya, Babs! 16 weeks is so awesome. You should go to Steak n shake and get a big milkshake to celebrate! Taste the deliciousness of that cold, tasty beverage! And it's just like North, with 100% less alcohol! That will tell your AV what for!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
Hiya, Babs! 16 weeks is so awesome. You should go to Steak n shake and get a big milkshake to celebrate! Taste the deliciousness of that cold, tasty beverage! And it's just like North, with 100% less alcohol! That will tell your AV what for!
thanks joygirl----your the best.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
New and learning

Mmmmmm, a shake sounds delish! I haven't been to a Steak n Shake, but one just opened here. Are they good?

Another Monday has arrived. My poor dog had gastro issues yesterday and last night, so we didn't sleep well with her wanting in and out so often last night. My daught too came home with gastro/tummy troubles. Out of 40 on her trip, all but 5 got a virus and very sick. Poor things!

So nice to have her home though!

We are in the process of my dad moving. He married 3 weeks ago, and they are at the house to decide what will go with them to their new house in AZ, and what won't. My brother-in-law arrived from TN to drive stuff my sister and he will take back with him. Tonight we will "face time" with my sister and decide. We've talked about it the past few months, and I've walked through the house a couple of times, but it is kind of hard. My mom passed away 3 years ago, and we did go through her personal stuff, but this is everything else. A new place for my dad, so a lot of what we grew up with is stuff we need to deal with. So many memories and childhood stories are attached. It's almost like a death in going through items and deciding 1) if we WANT it and 2) WHO gets it. Kind of feel bad if I say no to some things in front of my dad, that he would know certain items aren't important to keep for us.

Anyhow, that will commence tonight once my sister is home from work.

I'm better and better at being with the family while they drink. My dad drank a lot actually, but I didn't get too uncomfortable. My husband is a normal drinker......he can have one or two and stop, so that is very helpful for me.

Anyhow, welcome to a new week Marchers! Good to see you Life!

Love your style Marcher! I used to be very into Nourishing Traditions, but have fallen away from the fermenting and soaking of grains before cooking. Fresh, real ingredients are still a priority though.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Wow! It's totally wonderful how many Marchers are now over 100 days! It has been nearly 4 months since we joined this merry band of Sober Marchers

I'm a bit behind some of you but am feeling much more certain about "making it". Each day I feel a bit stronger.

LifeT, we can post on multiple threads. My first "home" is May 2012 and though it took me almost a year to get past 30 days, I have felt so welcomed there as I have here. I think it goes to show that persistence really does pay off. Try not to let setbacks get you down. Simply re-commit to sobriety and eventually it will stick.

Hugs,
Sass