Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 15

Old 06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning peeps. This morning when I woke up I thought "how many days is it?" and my brain thought "oh 100 and something, the exact number doesn't matter". Then I realised something Michael (regular SR poster) mentioned the other day had happened to me -- I'm really progressing because I've stopped counting every day.

Toots: add $20 to your tally, it's gone to an Oz cancer research group.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary Toots and Duff!!!

Toots, congrats on 100 days!!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary Toots and Duff, you lil cuties. That's lovely
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
New and learning

Happy anniversary from me too!

Yes......caught up on sleep. But now........I'm all screwed up on my sleep cycle......tired during the day, awake until early morning! I was trying to change it, and keep messing up. I almost feel like when I would drink. Stay up late, but drinking, then sleep late. I'm sleeping later than I ever did drinking! Gotta change that for sure.

I've been perusing Craig's list for jobs........but I still haven't made out a resume.

Gosh, I am sounding lazy. I admit, I have been.

But, the last 2 days I've worked at stuff that matters to my husband.........spent 2.5 hours cleaning yesterday. Not just vacuuming, but vacuum dusting, the couch, the window sills, the baseboards! Today was 90 minutes doing outside work.......watering, weeding, deadheading flowers. It feels old to have clean stuff to show for it. Laundry too. Ha! Both kids are gone right now........son on a backpack trip with guys group from church and fair in Guatemala on a mission trip. She comes home tomorrow night and son on Sunday night. My husband was out of town in CA for a class all week, but came in at 1 am last night. Yay!

We went out tonight.......to a Mexican place we are fond of and used to go to all the time. We've been once since I sobered up. I read the new drink menu, was sad for a second, turned it around and carried on. Was soooooooo nice to go out and the bill be $36 with tip! Used to be $100 easy. Love being sober!

Remembering the movies I watch at night......priceless!

I've been putting off some projects, but feel like tackling them this weekend.......so....that's a good feeling.

Happy weekending everyone!
Old 06-21-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Panache how good to see you! How are you going sweet girl?

NMS two things to try with sleeping: chamomile tea and lavender pillow spray, the spray is especially wonderful in summer. Here's one of the recipes.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Marcher, thank you, and Joygirl thanks for your donation too!

NMS, it is so difficult to turn around a bad sleep pattern, I am struggling right now too, I just don't feel tired until around midnight, but I'm needing to get up early, and feel exhausted through the day. Then I seem to get,my second wind in the eve! Grrr! I keep saying I'm going to force myself to go to bed at 9 every night, but then I have my programmes to watch...
Must do something!

Thank you all for the congrats on my 100 days. I feel able to celebrate and enjoy this so much more than where I was at 50 days. Then it didn't seem such an achievement considering how much further I had ahead of me. Now, I am just very proud of myself for maintaining my sobriety. When I look back over time, to the temptations, the grief over a lost way of life, the changes I have had to make, the emotions which have assailed me in my fledgling sobriety, the times of genuine times of stress when Al Cohol was my go to guy. The times I have missed a chill out drink, like a cold beer after a long day in the garden, or a glass of wine with a special meal. The pointless regrets for time lost, the mood swings.

I have gone through so much over the last 100 days. I have said before, SR has not saved my life. But it has helped me to change my life, it has given me back my life. It has given me friends, a support group that will drop everything to pick up my spirits, who send overwhelming messages of love just when I need extra strength. Friends who understand my darkest most sordid drinking secrets that I could never share with anyone else, friends who honour me by valuing my advice and support.
Not all my friends are still here, some I still have contact with, others I know are ok, other still have to follow their path where ever it leads. But today I am 101 days into my new life, and it wouldn't have happened with out you guys. Yesterday I celebrated 100 days sober. Today I celebrate friendships borne of shared struggles

Thank you all for being on this journey with me.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Panache how good to see you! How are you going sweet girl?

NMS two things to try with sleeping: chamomile tea and lavender pillow spray, the spray is especially wonderful in summer. Here's one of the recipes.
Hey Marcher,

You are too kind. I am super, thank you Wonderful to see you too.

How are you pal? Hope you're well.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Panache, good to see you!! You're sounding great!

Toots, how do we donate to your run?? Are you getting excited?
Old 06-22-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Panache, good to see you!

Toots, you sound great - so happy for you.

Well, it is finally 60 days for me! It seems like it took forever to get to this point but I made it at long last, yay!

It feel so good :-)

Hugs,
Sass
Old 06-22-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS on 60 days, Sassy!! That is awesome!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey Sass, i am in a good place just now. Congrats on day 60!
Duff, just put a donation to cancer research & pm me! PThank you!
It looks like being wet here tomorow so wll be runnngin mud!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Marcher

Fantastic Sassy on 60 days! Well earned!!!

Good day everyone! I'm feeling better these days. Busy day ahead, and busy tomorrow. Taking Angry Son to Nashville to drop off for his summer tour. Won't see him again until July, briefly at a concert, and he won't be home until mid august! I'm going to miss that boy so much. Maybe he'll come back as a Mature Son. No matter how nasty, angry he can be, I love him solidly. He does have sweet moments, he's not a complete *******!

Toots, what a beautiful message. You are an inspiration. Be careful running in the mud tomorrow! And have fun!

Have a good weekend everyone! Big hugs!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Marchers rock!

Hello Sassy,
60 days !!! Woo-hoo!!
I have enjoyed your wisdom, as expressed in your posts, and your sense of humor.
It is a gift to be on this journey along side of you.

Toots: What a beautiful, well thought out post at 101 days - you have been a source of inspiration to me.... you are wise beyond your years....
Good luck and God bless on your run/walk... may the wind be at your back so you just sail along to the finish line.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Lovely to see you too Duffster

Toots, are you doing race for life tomorrow? Do you have a just giving page?

Lovely race to run that. Bet you'll nail it.
Someone once told me when running to always remember to keep your head up. The simplest advice but it works wonders for everything; your mentality, your form, your balance, your speed. And when the pain hits, which it inevitably will at some point, concentrate on your breathing, 'pain is temporary' it'll pass. Those are the two fundamentals I run with and they have yet to fail me.

You've got this in your back pocket already. Good luck Toots, I'm excited for you.

No pain no gain, baby. Go get nasty!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oops didn't work
Old 06-22-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good morning all, it's a cold wet Sunday morning here, this Marcher has already baked two loaves of bread and has ham stock half done on the cooktop, ah the delights of a sober hangover free life. In the past a winter weekend morning would have meant I was in bed half the morning, now I sleep in for maybe an hour and then I'm up and at 'em.

Panache sweetie, I am well thank you and enjoying life, you've made my cold rainy weekend by popping in, I hope we will be seeing more of you. How are things for you?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Happy 60 dear Sassy!!!!
xoxo

Old 06-22-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

That was a great gift in that post Toots...it's been an honor to be one of your classmates.
xoxo
Old 06-22-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Marcher...you and my man friend would get along great. He makes his own laundry detergent and fabric softener. He will love the lavender spray recipe.

Hi Panache! I'm happy to see your pretty face!

Joy...Angry Son?? Is that just an age thing? How old is AS? I've heard teenagers can be a little challenging sometimes. If it helps, I also hear they grow out of that stage.

Tiredness is going around. I'm pooped too NMS. Still playing sleep catch up.

How you doing 1Day? I hope someone is perky. I'm becoming a coffee addict. Upped my 2 cup morning usage to 4. Which may sound like a lame amount to MustLoveCoffee.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Shoes, that sounds like a lame amount to me!! I drink the strongest coffee ( hot larva jarva) high caffeine, and at least 3 big cups before I make it off the mattress!!
Well guys, inauspicious start to my run day, it's chucking down hers, and as we run after the 10k show offs ( I mean wonder women!) the ground will be a sea of mud! I slept for less than four hours, due to a throbbing knee and back and feel like cr4p this morning! My knee will be fine for running ( read walking hobbling huffing) on, I just sometimes get what my mum calls 'screwmatics' at night wherein something throbs twinges and flinches all night!
Will report after the event!
Marcher, ham stock? If you are making pea and ham soup send some here, I make it for hubby, its his fav!