Notices

Class of April 2013 Part 5

Old 08-03-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Hi guys checking in.

Still don't feel great. Got a hold of a wad of cash today, normally a ticket to the bar, but I'm driving around to thrift stores then Whole Foods to pick out something nice to cook.

What would you guys make? I'm thinking turkey chili with fresh tomatoes, peppers, onion garlic, kidney beans, blue corn chips on the side. Ok then.

Going to stick with trying the meds, thanks DG. Through my absurd research I found the generic Lexapro I got is one of the better ones, but will put in paperwork as soon as its feasible for name brand.

Ok, talk later
Old 08-03-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
You know how it is when we're drinking, we just try to drink away our feelings even though it doesn't really work. Taking the time to acknowledge them and think about them can really help. Plus, when you write it down and see it, it can be motivating to make you want to change them, do something different, realize that it's a valid feeling, or that it's due to false thinking, etc.
So true, about drinking away the feelings. Now I get to deal with them head on. I'm going to start the feelings journal today.

If nothing new has happened to trigger your negative feelings, perhaps you've just opened up an old 'file' and crawled inside of it?
Yes, I think I've "defaulted" back to some old ways of thinking...

Remember, you're beautiful, you're smart, you're making great progress with improving your life, you're sober, you're creative. Give yourself a little credit for all of your great qualities.
...and thanks
Old 08-03-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnny555 View Post

What would you guys make? I'm thinking turkey chili with fresh tomatoes, peppers, onion garlic, kidney beans, blue corn chips on the side. Ok then.
Sounds really good, Johnny. Bet your place is going to smell good soon Chili is great comfort food.

Stay strong. You're doing great.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

DG - hope you enjoy your trip. And hope it's productive for you. But mostly just enjoy yourself if you can. I love road trips too! Just the open road, windows rolled down, the wind rushing in, the radio... great time for thinking and processing things. Seems I always can deal with things and come up with great ideas while on the road.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

My new bracelet arrived!

There are three golden orchids, a pearl, a quartz crystal, my initials, and my sobriety date stamped on it
Old 08-03-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Guys how do I insert an image? I need a URL? I'm frustrated with not understanding this for so long and not being able to show any of my stuff like chili or artwork.

SoberJ- That is a nice idea to have the date on the bracelet. It looks sweet too. Yeah, dealing with feelings is the hardest part of recovery, or one of the hardest. With people like that pain in the a$$, always know this: When someone looks at you, they are looking through a massive pair of goggles with incredibly clouded lenses. Smeared and made opaque by all of their sh##tty life experiences. So what they see is hardly accurate, unless it is Dr. Reid from Criminal Minds looking at you, in which case you're busted.

So the chili is a cookin'. 2 nice CT tomatoes. Fresh organic dark meat ground turkey, chunk of vadalia onion, cloves of garlic, 1 spice packet, 1 red pepper, 1 cubanel pepper, 1 can kidney beans=Totally Friggin' Delicious. I intend to indulge in some terrible TV like Cops or something equally as train-wreckesque while eating the chili with some blue corn chips. I also got some Jalapeno Cheddar to put on top.

Interesting I feel great after 6 days off prozac. It still has my levels of serotonin up but the side effects have worn off. Although I am still having intense nightmares and jaw clenching. Kind of stinks this is the way it has to be. We'll see what I can work out. Lexapro to the rescue I hope. The prozac always saved my life so something else should work.

Horrifying experience today, so eeewwwwww that I am scared to share. Nothing to do with me. Maybe later. But the chili is getting done and I can't wait anymore.

-J

Old 08-03-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html
D