# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 16

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-15-a-20.html

D
Old 06-04-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yayyyyyy first one here again lol....Day 181 here nearly finished work then drive home and get into bed... Take care all.....Steve....
Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

6.55 Wed

Good morning my Undies, I've really missed you this week. I've not had chance to read all your posts yet, so I'll just start from afresh and catch up as I go along. I've been up about an hour so I thought I'd try and catch up on here while the boys sleep on. I've had the most productive few days ever, got loads of work done in the garden, I even chopped a tree down yesterday. I'm aching all over and I'm tired, but it's such a good tired, a contented tired. I love being home and I don't know how I ever find the time to go to work. I seriously need to be a 'Lady of leisure.'
When I look back to this time last year, the change in my attitude to life is remarkable. Last June I was miserable, lethargic, wary, paranoid and had no pride in myself. Now I can't wait to get up and go.
I stopped taking my anti depressants a few weeks ago and have coped really well without them, even though there have been a few dodgy episodes with my son. My Dad has declined again with his Dementia, poor thing, but I've coped by just taking each day as it comes. That's the only way to do it.

Dee, thank you for the new thread.

Awesome Steve I've just realised that you now have half a year under your belt and if anyone deserves it, you do, you've put so much effort into staying sober you deserve all the good things it will bring your way.

Well I think I can hear movement upstairs, looks like my peace is about to be shattered.

I'll be back as soon as.

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

Just for Today: Though I may be feeling low, I don't need to tear someone down to build myself up. Today, I will replace my negative sense of self with a positive concern for others. I will build, not destroy.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

hiya Grace!

D
Old 06-04-2013, 11:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hiya Dee,
Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not quite half a year yet grace...It will be 6 months Friday....
Old 06-05-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know Steve, but I'm going by the days, 365 days in a year. Oh, bummer, you're right, 2 x 181 makes 362! I never was any good at Maths and I have been up early this morning. Anyway, happy 6 months in advance.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning Undies, day 72 here in Coastal Massachusetts. Have a great day, and be proud of yourself for staying sober.
"How far that little candle throws his beams!"
Shakespeare, W. The Merchant of Venice.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Greetings all Undies!

It was a frustrating day yesterday, lots of nagging annoyances and people not cooperating at all. My vet is not returning the call from the online pharmacy to renew my dog's medicine she needs for seizures, so I was dogging him (pun intended) and a somehow missed email from me means a delay in an appointment for me.

BUT!

If, and I have every intention to, I make through today... 60 days sober. Had two people last night tell me I looked great and what was I doing.

They were surprised at my answer!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

again, congratulations Drake

D
Old 06-05-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Grace - That is absolutely amazing that you chopped a tree down! Wow It sounds like you have really enjoyed your time in the garden. I've only managed to do a tiny bit of gardening yesterday. I am so sorry to hear that your Dad is declining. Your absolutely right about taking each day as it comes. You have a remarkably cheery and caring attitude. It always brightens my day to read your posts.

Congratulations Steve on 181 days of sobriety One half a year is close at hand!

Drake - Kudos to you on dealing with frustration and not letting that lead you to drink. I know if it was my dog; I would be furious. But, repeating "this too shall pass" often helps me in frustrating circumstances. Many congratulations on 60 days of sobriety!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Drake congrats on the 2 months! Hope you're able to get those meds soon for your dog!

Grace wow you sound like you really did get a lot done, awesome!

Steve keep up the great job!

Hi Dee! How have you been?

Up and ready for the day with some coffee and off to work. So glad to be back on the sober side of life. There was somewhat work drama yesterday that luckily I avoided, last thing I wanna do is get involved in something like that.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!!

Hi grace. My mom has dementia too. And you're right. One day at a time is the best way to handle that. One day at a time... and lots of patience. I couldn't imagine being in my mom's shoes. She's a strong lady. <3

We're all hitting milestones. It's so exciting to see! Man though! I've been having trouble waking up. Problems with the falling asleep part too. I'll be house-sitting next week. And this morning I was supposed to go to my friend's house so she could go over watering the garden with me. She has dogs too but I remember that bit ...anyway, I didn't hear my alarm... I woke up and thought.... oh no.... I feel way too rested. My alarm went off and she had called twice... Didn't hear a thing. She left a message that said, "I really hope I can count on you... My doggies are really important to me. " I feel awful. I called her and we worked out a new time to go over stuff. ...I'm really having a tough time being reliable. :/ ...even IN sobriety. This is the second thing I missed this week from over sleeping. And I think I'll be able to handle Full time work AND school in the fall?
Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Day 43 checking in! Hi everybody! Think I have the fewest days of anyone on this page. Awesome to read everyone making thought all the craziness of everyday life, succeeding and being a peace.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

Glad to see you are doing fine here hitting awesome sobriety milestones.

My AV made a shy attempt to get to me today.

I went sweets binge yesterday, so felt terrible. My negative talking was in full swing today so I decided to take a walk. I was sitting on a bench in a small park when I realized it's right in front of one of supermarkets where I used to buy wine. And AV started its siren's song: "Come on. You've been doing so great. You deserve some wine to relax and unwind the tension.".

Aha. Really?

It faded away after a few minutes.

Long story short - I have to get rid of negative self-tallking. It wears me out and it's one of the best friends of my AV.

Melivin - don't be too hard in yourself. Put an extra alarm-clock. At least you sleep well. And that's great.

BF - glad you escaped this work drama. I think the theater is the only place where drama should be allowed at all. Take care)

Best wishes to all.

Have a great day!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hello there Undies

Just popping by to wish you all well.

Sounds like everyone is plodding along great.

Take care, Stay happy and healthy.

Hugs
x

Grace When's the court date? Thinking of you.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Relaxing with my daughter, and looking forward to the Bruins game later. My wife is out with a few friends, and I know she will have a couple of drinks. It makes me want one, but I'm not going to cave.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Relaxing with my daughter, and looking forward to the Bruins game later. My wife is out with a few friends, and I know she will have a couple of drinks. It makes me want one, but I'm not going to cave.
Good for you Mathew. Baby steps all the way. Glad to read you're doing so well. Really warms my heart to see you getting some peace.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Day 181 done Day 182 just starting...At work,no surprise there then although this week so far when I finish at 07.00 later on I don't have work again until 06.00 Saturday morning,so tomorrow I will catch up on sleep till mid afternoon,pick the kids up from school and have some quality time with them...Friday I plan on taking my 15 month old daughter to the zoo and then pick the kids up from school and I'm taking them to a carnival that we have happen once a year...So it should be an action packed two days with my kids....And because I have two days off this week I have to work 6 days next week lol,they give with the one hand and take with the other lol....Getting even closer to my 6 month milestone now and I'm really excited about it for some reason,seems like a big deal to me and I didn't think I would feel this way but I do...I hope everyone else is doing well and I'd better get back to work...Take care....Steve...
Old 06-05-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The day has ended a bit better than it began. I was excited about 60 days but work, the dog medicine and a disappointment over some writing I do got me down. I was seriously depressed.

Sure thought of throwing sobriety under the bus, but decided that was not going to happen.