Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 16

Old 06-10-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Totally relate to sneaking snacks in the past, this last year I just decided to give myself permission to indulge if the urge to drink was overwhelming. So, I might be a few ponds heavier, but I am alive and alcohol free.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

hi all-
Happy almost birthday to Stevie!

WWG--exercise does help me immensely when it comes to sleep.

BF--I'm still thinking about sushi :-)
Thanks for all the comments and sugesstions from everyone concerning my woes, I appreciate it and have a plan in place for next time someone tries to shame me into drinking.
Actually, I have a couple responses selected.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good morning Undies just a quick check in...I have a sinus headache that is killing me right now and I have the blahs!Hope everyone has a good Monday!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Sam, YAY! That was definitely the key for me, preparing myself. Let us know how things go the next time you have to face that. So glad you came back to SR.

Quick check in. I'm taking my little sister to my orthodontist, then I have an appt afterwards too. Had a drinking and drugging dream that took place at my old watering hole. This one is bugging me. Kind of woke up feeling disappointed I wasn't still high. :/ I got to fell the shame in the dream though.

Off I go to pretend to be a grown-up. :P

Have a lovely Monday Undies!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Quiet day on the thread. I really hate the after work period of time, as that was my drinking time. Today that is all I can think about. I feel like I am going to slip. Sorry to bring you all down. My AV is trying tell me I deserve a few. Ugh
Old 06-10-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Walking With God, you need to put your AV in it's place. Run the tape of what it'll look like and what you will feel like tomorrow if you have that drink. Is it really worth it?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Duane Matt - it's time to bring a Hulk/Thing type smackdown on your AV.
As long as you keep listening it will keep trying to get at you.

D
Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, it just seems tough lately. Life has been so good sober, and I don't want to ruin that. I need to stick close to SR.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I keep busy and remember what it was like before I was sober and a depressed, suicidal mess. That keeps AV in line.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Day 49 checking in. Good to see so many Familiar Avatars fighting the good fight and wining. Doing well, but cant seem to kick the Coffee habit, and still feeling a little flat/unmotivated. Getting better though.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody. I'm posting from a hotel room--I've taken my 18-year-old son five hours away to a college orientation. I just bought another sobriety bead for my bracelet today. I could have been drinking tonight, but yecch. Who really needs it? I wish I had my five months back--now I've just got thirteen days. But that's a start. Alcohol makes me dead. I have to read backward to see what you've all been up to and to get to know the newer people who have come on board. I hope you have all been well! See you tomorrow morning at 5am Eastern US daylight savings time!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Sobriety bead... Cool! Makes me want to get a Manecklace and start putting some on.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm not the frilliest, most frou-frou accessorized girl in the world, but I really like my silver sobriety bangle. First it had one bead for my January sobriety--now it's got one for my May (or June--see Newcomer's thread) sobriety. It really cheers me up when i could be feeling pretty bad. Whatever floats your boat!
Old 06-10-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

WWG, you have been doing amazing! I know it seems bad today, but if you think about it, don't you think the number of good days is outweighing the bad days by more and more as time goes on? Do an experiment and write down how you feel right now. Don't drink tonight. Then write down how you feel tomorrow. More than likely it will be better. And that will be written proof that feelings change and pass, and that if you just ride it out, better times will be ahead. If you don't feel better tomorrow, do the same thing (write it down and don't drink) until you do feel better and have a good day, and it will still prove it!! Don't give up all that you've worked so hard to attain.
Welcome back Gilmer!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

WWG. I'm glad you post here when you're feeling down. I like to hear when you feel awesome, but it's good that you share the downs too so we can help you through them. It does no good to keep it in. And plus, every time you post something that's got you down, after you read responses you always sound more hopeful.

Elegant: Manecklace?! AWESOME!!! haha.

I do like that Idea though Gilmer. maybe I should do that too.

Hope everyone's well. My teacher was grumpy again, but It appears that I've shed how much I care. So the day wasn't bad. It actually went pretty fast. I'll be pet-sitting for the next week, so I may not post as often. I'll check in when I can

Have a great Tuesday all!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Where is my buddy Grace? I miss her posts.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Yeah, I've been hoping to see Grace! Hope you're doing well today, WWG!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

WWG...I agree with Dee. Time to smash that AV. Don't give it a chance to breath or it will DRAG you down. You can do it. PS Grace is on vacation I believe...

Jim
Old 06-11-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
WWG...I agree with Dee. Time to smash that AV. Don't give it a chance to breath or it will DRAG you down. You can do it. PS Grace is on vacation I believe...

Jim
Thanks Jim. I feel a lot better today, and know that I want sobriety. I just have to punch my AV in the nose when it starts acting up. So glad to wake up hangover free, and to make my 3 year old a nice lunch for her last day if school. Being sober makes me a better father/husband.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Gilmer glad to see you check in, I love the sober bead bracelet thingies. I see a new crafty project in the future I can do Well Undies I hope you all have a good day not much to report living the sober life in the middle of my 6Th. month I feel pretty strong but I know that it can be a illusion with alcohol so onward I march. We will stand strong has a group and help each other when we can. Your all great bunch keep up the awesome work!My friend from another thread gave me a new link and I have had so much fun this morning!!!...lol...Little things bring me such pleasure anymore♥ Have a great day Undies