Class of May 2012 part 21

Old 06-02-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Variety is the spice of life Jeni - plus I kinda like being Mr Impossible

D
Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jeni - I am so glad to hear that you arefeeling more calm and that the early morning anxiety has reduced. You should be so incredibly proud of yourself for adopting some many healthy changes within the past year. I know exercise is so essential for me. Not only does it make me feel physically better, but it lessens anxiety and depression as well. I haven't given up smoking yet, but it is something I want to do in the near future.

As far as selfless people go, Dee is another shining example of kindness and generosity of spirit. These are qualities that are so uplifting, inspiring and awesome.

I met with my sponsor yesterday to go over Step Two. She is such an incredibly gentle and kind soul. She never preaches to me, is critical or tells me what to do. She has made the statement that it is my recovery and my journey and treats it accordingly. She praises me for calling every night. I am very lucky to have found such a kind and understanding soul.

My plans for the day are to decorate a cake in the shape of an AA coin for my ex-sponsor. We have remained friends because ultimately we both really care for one another. Saturday was her two year anniversary. We are going out to dinner and then going to the women's meeting that she attends.

Wishing everyone a happy and serene Monday
Old 06-03-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone. 13 weeks (92 days) for me. I'm happy and everything is going just great. I had a wonderful week-end. I was with friends who all drink and they respect the fact that I don't . Some of us girls went to a lake bar and they even know to buy me a soda or ask me if I would like something else. I appreciate that and they are a great bunch.
Hope everyone is doing well ---- Love and hugs to you all.
that AV left me alone most of the week-end. and just knowing I will come here and posts my activiteshelps keep me straight. thanks for the support.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Happy Monday morning, my dear Mayans!

It was a mixed reunion weekend. Pleasant in many ways and good to see people I hadn't seen in 50 years. Almost 1/2 of our class made it. The hard part for me was my PTSD. I knew there were some risks and thought I was prepared. No matter how much I've dealt with, it doesn't make things go away like they never happened. Sometimes there are triggers I forget about. I 've always had a tendency to blur everything in the past (it's almost impossible to selectively blur). Going back to my old home town in NJ and reconnecting with people I hadn't seen in 50 years was too overwhelming. I decided to leave very early yesterday morning and skip the remaining festivities. I held it together until I got home. I'm recuperating now and working on getting my balance back. Although all of the work I've done has been worth it, I can't make all of the damage magically disappear. I'm totally exhausted!

Hugs,
Sass
Old 06-03-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Sass - good on you for putting yourself & your sobriety first! And you made it to part of the reunion, better than the 1/2 who didn't make it at all! Hugs to you as you get your balance back!

Proud of you OLL for going to the photog class and your newfound confidence!

Aviva - "not a birthday"? WTF?!!! Congrats on 1 WHOLE year and + 7 days!

I am doing better, I had a review session in therapy and talked about recognizing my core hurts in relationships and detaching from the outcome. Good stuff to remember in my personal interactions. I am also aware that I need to own my depression and getting out of it is up to me, not anyone else on this Earth. And asking for help from God too.

It seems like a lifetime ago that I slipped, but it is only day 19 today. I'm not sure if that's good or bad that it feels so far away. (I love Carole King) But I am being vigilant about sticking to routines that keep me sober. All that there is on the horizon for me are activities with people that are supportive of my sobriety. I feel very free in that, unburdened by obligations where I feel awkward being sober - which is a good place to be when my slip is not even a month prior.....

Monday is almost over! And tonight I get to watch Mad Men...aaaaaah.....
Old 06-03-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Babs!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Mayans,
Back in town and at work. I have not had a chance to keep up, but will catch up with you all this week. I hope all is well with everyone.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

HRB your name needs to be changed now to something like "MovingOnUp" because whenever I see your posts thats what I think you're doing.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

got back late from weekend away and back to work today, will catch up later with you may mates. day 102 today, it's nice to be back in the triple digits :-) going to get some sleep.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Aargh....just wrote a really long post and lost it!! Why does that happen??!!

Haven't got time to compose it again, just know I'm thinking of you all and love you loads xxx

I'm trying to be a grown-up at the moment and handle emotions and stress like an...adult?! Will let you know how it goes....xxx
Old 06-03-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

use wordpad for long posts Jeni then cut and paste
best thoughts are with you

D
Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Hugs to you, Teacher Jeni. Ditto what Dee said. Another method I use just before hitting Post is to select all of my text, right click, and choose Copy. If it disappears after submitting, I can then right click and select Paste to bring it back into a new message window.

Have a super sober day, May peeps!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Babs - Congratulations on 93 days of sobriety Reaching the 90+ milestone is a huge accomplishment. It is great to know that you have friends that our supportive of your recovery. That is a huge component of staying sober. My husband is an active alcoholic, but he is supportive of my sobriety.

Sass - Kudos to you on leaving the reunion early and placing your health and sobriety first. I am glad that you had some pleasant moments at your reunion. Take care of yourself

Kitty - My hat is off to you for sticking to routines that keep you sober. Also, the fact that you have activities lined up and people that are supportive of your recovery. It is so essential to have a strong recovery network and to work on recovery each day. I don't know if fading drinking memories are good or bad. I think everyone is different. I had a dream last night that I didn't have 10 months of sobriety and that I had cheated along the way. Dreams can seem very vivid and real. Needless to say, the dream upset me a good deal. At this point in my recovery, I cannot imagine throwing away 10 months of sobriety. This is the longest period of time in my life that I have been sober and it hasn't been easy.

Wehav2day - Congratulations on 103 days of sobriety7 You are sounding so strong and committed to your sobriety! You go girl

Today is a pretty day here. Sunny and about 77 degrees. Perfect weather for gardening. I may try and fit some step work in too and then hit a meeting.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Kittycat3, Tanja, and everyone else on this thread. Good Morning and
I hope you are all having a safe and sober day. I'm loving life and thank you all for the great support. I'm sober today because of you guys. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate each and everyone of you. A great big hug to all of you.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Tanja I'm sorry to hear about your friend Steve. I'm glad you were able to see him again and let him know how you feel. Hoping his suffering is minimal.
Jeni I hate when I lose posts! I try to remember to copy before I hit send but sometimes I forget. Good job being an adult!
Sas, sorry there were some difficult parts of your trip but good job on knowing your limits and getting out if dodge.
Kitty good for you for giving it some time because you are sounding more positive and in happy to hear it!
Babs grats!
I hope everyone is well and I thank everyone who posts here and keeps this thread going. It really helps me feel less alone in this venture of life.
I'm back to the grind. Same old story of unfairness, discomfort, and drama. I know I won't allow this to be my forever, so I just need to deal with it for now and accept it. And we're pretty much done with the house things but we way overextended our budget so we really need to be working right now but hopefully we'll catch up soon. Ok enough outta me!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 3 MONTHS+ MILESTONE, BABS!!!

Mammoth made a special trip by train to welcome you to our happy gang of May mates! An absolutely wonderful accomplishment on your sober strength, my friend. Big hugs to you.

elephant-train.jpg
Old 06-04-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 90 days Babs

D
Old 06-04-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Babs, happy 90 days!!!

Hugs,
Sass
Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Babs, congrats on 90+ days! That's grrrrrreeattt! :-)
Old 06-05-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!