Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 2

Old 06-10-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

That's a really sweet story, DollyAngel, I love that! I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled.

Last night we had a crazy thunderstorm. The lightening lit up the whole sky, and the thunder made the house rattle. It woke me from a vivid drinking dream where I had just had a couple glasses of champagne at a party and had snuck off by myself with a bottle of red wine. I had just popped it open and was thinking about how I didn't care about all the damage I was about to do...then I woke up.

I laid there for a while listening to the storm and waiting for my daughter to wake up, and I was so grateful it was just a dream. When the storm woke her, we cuddled in a blanket in her room watching the flashes and talking about the storm. I enjoyed losing two hours of sleep for that.

I felt like an animal in that dream. I never want to go back there.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Thanks Briar! I have had a few if those drinking dreams too, and yes...it's so relieving when you wake up. Glad you capped that off with some daughter snuggle time:-)
Old 06-10-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Totally better still rough patches but I'm starting to think that's life whether sober or not! I guess we are suppose to have ups and downs. I was thinking maybe my down times are just that and have nothing to do with alcohol!

I think I'm going to get some ear plugs to wear around the house! then I won't have to hear mom mom hun mom hun mom Hun mom mom Hun
Old 06-10-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Sitting in the doctor surgery waiting to try an sort out these pain meds.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Good luck MLC!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Thanks dolly x
Old 06-10-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post

OMG, just yesterday I asked my husband, in a smart*** tone, if he was deaf! He was watching a movie and it was so loud it sounded like the house was exploding! Never used to bother me before ... probably because I was too busy sneaking a drink upstairs ...but it sure does now. Even the choir/music at church yesterday was annoying me. I can definitely relate to what you said about not knowing who you are some days, too.

Congrats on your 63 days, BTW! Is it at least a little better than the first 30??
I'm not sure if alcohol is the same but it does work on the same receptors as Benzos but one of the symtoms of benzo withdrawal is your senses going crazy. I can't stand the sunlight at the moment, noises sound like they are actually
Happening inside my head and things make me jump out of my skin so easily....and I am SO sensitive to smells! It is like being pregnant! (I'm not!)
Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Mums, I've stuffed up. Don't know why I even keep posting here really. We all knew it was going to happen hey?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Aw....head up MLC! We are here for you. Keep trying, AND keep posting!

Hugs!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Has anybody seen Anewpage? I don't recall seeing any posts from her...I hope she is okay.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

What happen MLC... Where here if you need to vent!

Dolly I was thinking the same thing about anewpage... Her last post she was worried about child protection service.... And the councilor being able to make a report.

Hope she's ok
Old 06-11-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

On a cruddy rainy day I got a boost from my husband this morning. I was driving to work and remembered something I had needed to ask him so called him at home. When I was about to hang up, he said..."oh hon, I just wanted to tell you that you looked really pretty this morning. You looked radiant actually!" Awwwww.....talk about making my day:-) He really is a keeper:-)

Oh....and he was in the middle of cleaning the bathrooms...yay me!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Awwwww what a great guy!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Wow Dolly what a great compliment from your husband! Why can't they all be that way? I don't expect it daily by any means but once a week would be nice. You have a keeper.

Good luck MLC with your meds...hope it goes well.

Briar/Inperfect...I've had lots of drinking dreams and then I start to panic and wake up and thank myself that it was only a dream!

I nearly made it to 90 days and I have to say it felt great waking up with no hangovers and no feelings of shame because I either did/said something stupid. Why did I break down then? I think you start getting comfortable with your sobriety and then the AV starts and tells you you must be ok because you made it this long. No! I also think having a solid support group of others going through the same thing helps and I stopped checking in to this site about a month before I slipped.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hi Moms

TeenBoy is out at an event tonight with college and he asked if he missed his train if I could pick him up from the station. He has never asked me that before - frankly he knew I'd have a bottle of wine in me and couldn't do it - feeling really proud.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
On a cruddy rainy day I got a boost from my husband this morning. I was driving to work and remembered something I had needed to ask him so called him at home. When I was about to hang up, he said..."oh hon, I just wanted to tell you that you looked really pretty this morning. You looked radiant actually!" Awwwww.....talk about making my day:-) He really is a keeper:-)

Oh....and he was in the middle of cleaning the bathrooms...yay me!
How wonderful - I bet you looked even more radiant after that.

Really happy for you.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Aw...that's great Lifebegins! You should feel proud!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I'm sure that made your day, Dolly! I know it would have made mine! I sure wish my hubby would clean bathrooms or just some dishes would be nice?! He does work a lot of hours, but there are weekends, right?

MLC, what happened? As Inperfectlyme said, we're here if you want to talk about it.

I have been wondering about anewpage also? I feel like we are missing some others, too?Hope they come back soon.

How is everyone's day going? I went to the gym this morning and then got some errands done. Kept thinking I wanted to pick up a bottle of wine for tonight... but I didn't. My husband works a lot of nights and that is when I did most of my drinking. He works from home, but shuts himself in his home office upstairs, so it is like he isn't here. Anyway, he cut back on some of those nights when I first stopped drinking because it was such a trigger for me. It helped and was nice having him around, but he has had to start going back to more evening hours and I am, once again, finding it tempting Need to stay strong, though. I have come too far. Can't wait until the day comes when this isn't so hard!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Stay strong Ladybug!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Need to stay strong, though. I have come too far. Can't wait until the day comes when this isn't so hard!
Ladybug - we *all* need to stay strong! AND - we can! You're doing so well - just kick your AV where it hurts and lock it in a closet

Everyone once in a while, during the day, my brain will all of a sudden think - "what should we have to drink tonight...." ACK! I have to just stop those thoughts right away or my AV starts a whole, long, tortured conversation.

Do you have any hobbies or activities you can do at night to take your mind off drinking? I find that if I can make it for just a couple of hours after I get home that I'm good for the evening. By focusing on my hobbies it doesn't seem so hard