Notices

24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet Part 5 Hang With The Winners Club!

Old 05-27-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet Part 5 Hang With The Winners Club!

Happy Memorial Day to our USA Members of 24 Hour Club! We Thank You if you are or have served our Country! Today it is all about you!

Happy Monday To Everyone!

Won't you join the 24 Hour Club and sign up to commit to staying clean and sober this 24 hours. Helps to be accountable. Join daily! Sign in with time and location.

Daily Welcome post with new members posted daily within this thread along with people on our prayer list. Please look for it daily.

Memorial Day Meaning – Reagan’s Speech
President Ronald Reagan is credited with reviving the practice of honoring Memorial Day and its meaning. One of his famous speeches was given at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day in 1986.

“Today is the day we put aside to remember fallen heroes and to pray that no heroes will ever have to die for us again. It's a day of thanks for the valor of others, a day to remember the splendor of America and those of her children who rest in this cemetery and others. It's a day to be with the family and remember.

To read speech in it's entirety go to Memorial Day Meaning

*Song For The Day

USA members Let us respect ourselves,our country and the fallen by paying them a clean and sober tribute this Memorial Day! And prayers for the families and victims in Oklahoma.

Everyone let's respect and love ourselves and stay clean and sober today.

Here's to another 24 hours Everyone!!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

last part is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...s-club-21.html
Old 05-27-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi everyone just starting out. At 7 months today, I am here to report it absolutely is possible, no matter what is happening in your life. You can stay sober a day at a time.

Deeker requested that I post in here what has helped me in this "attempt"--I've had many throughout the years....

I've always worked out (even while I was still drinking, although admittedly the last year I didn't do it 1/2 as much as I used to)...but now I work out daily. In addition, the following is what I posted after reaching 60 days.

1. Admitted I was an alcoholic. Not a problem drinker, not I had a problem, not I need to stop drinking for awhile, not I have to just not drink hard liquor, not I can't drink on an empty stomach, not I can only drink on the weekends, not I can only drink at special occasions, not I can only drink while out socially. I know I cannot drink today or ever again. I remind myself daily. I don't obsess or lament about it. It just is. Just as I am a 5 1" female, I am an alcoholic. And that is ok. I am no worse, or better, than any other alcoholic.

2. I come to SR daily. I read the new threads. Sometimes I randomly pick old threads and read them through. I pay attention to successes. I also pay attention to those who fail. I post when I can, but most importantly, I read and learn.

3. I go to therapy weekly to discuss how I am feeling with my therapist--both about alcohol and other difficult life situations that are currently happening in my life. My therapist knows I am alcoholic and supports what I am currently doing to stay sober.

4. I attend AA meetings 2-3 times a week and have recently gotten a sponsor. Despite for many years thinking AA was not for me, I went/go with an open mind. I enjoy the fellowship. I am reading the Big Book and plan on reading it again. While I can't relate to everything that is said during a meeting, I get comfort from the fellowship and know I am doing the right thing by attending meetings and being willing to do whatever it takes to stay sober today. I pay attention to those things I can relate to and keep an open mind about the things I cannot. I am feeling more spiritual (not religious) than I ever have, and I attribute that piece of my recovery to AA. I am aiming for progress, and not perfection.

5. I pay attention to my thoughts surrounding alcohol. I consider drinking alcohol for me, a moral failure going forward. Just as I would never try to harm another (or steal, cheat etc) I consider alcohol harmful for me, and thus I cannot drink it. Any thought that leads me towards drinking, I attribute to my addict voice and dismiss and ignore as best and as quickly as I can. I am a member of the no matter what club. No matter what happens, good or bad, in life--I know that drinking another drop of alcohol will never make it better--only worse. It won't make me feel better, only worse. The guilt and the shame won't be better, only worse. There is nothing good left in alcohol for me. The active part of my alcoholism is done. So today I won't drink. And I plan on making that same choice every day for the rest of my life. One day at a time, gratefully.
Hope that helps someone! Please keep trying. You can do it.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you SavingSelf

If you are new, this is basically a sign up sheet to commit to staying clean and sober for 24 hours.

When you sign in if you are struggling, we want to know so we can encourage you. Please let us know how many days you have up to your 1 month and then let us know how many months 1,2,3,4,etc.

Easier for me to keep track that way. And then I can post it in the Daily Welcome within this thread.

If you are having a good day we want to know that too.

Soo

deek signing in 6:34 pm Florida USA
Old 05-27-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So what do I do? Just say MLC signing in from Qld, Australia 8:50am

I have slept the last two nights!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LDT

Awesome Midnight...pass some of that sleep my way, would ya? Not been my best week for sleep.

But...still sober and happy ( and sleepless ) in the swamp. We've had an outstanding day of grilling, swimming, and yard work. Movies and popcorn are coming up!

Manana...
Old 05-27-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

9.26am here in Australia. Another beautiful Autumn day. There is a thick fog covering outside. I am in for another 24 hours of Sobriety. Have a fantastic day everyone
Old 05-27-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy to share my sleep. I appreciate it so much now!

Day 14 for me today.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
Day 14 for me today.
That's awesome MLC
Checking in at 5:27pm for another 24 hours.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks carlotta
Old 05-27-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Posting early

24 hour Club - Hope you all made it through the last 24 Hours with flying colors. If you are lurking please sign up! Just sign in with time and location and tell us you are commting to staying clean for the next 24 hours and come back everyday!

If you made it through the weekend, Way to Go!!

If you struggled or slipped, don't stay stuck. Get honest with us today when you check in so we can encourage you and recommit. You do not have to stay down. Learn from your mistake. What could you have done different? Don't beat yourself up, but learn. No shaming here. We just want to help.

Prayers for Lavender, med61310, Midlifecrisis all for strength in the early days.

Welcome to our Newest Members - Midlifecrisis

In The AA Big Book It Says....

“NOTHING WILL SO MUCH INSURE IMMUNITY FROM DRINKING as intensive work with other alcoholics.” The book states clearly that intensive work with other alcoholics is the most powerful tool to staying sober.

Bill W the founder of AA was often plagued by waves of self-pity and resentment that almost drove him back to drink but he found that when all other measures failed, work with another alcoholic would save the day.

I find when I encourage another alkie that I get out of myself and the last thing I want is to drink or drug .

I have hope and I want to give people hope . My life is a miracle today and I want you to believe yours can be too.

But I also do it for a selfish reason, I Love the 24 Hour club, but I really do it because it keeps me clean and sober and I am thrilled if it helps you too.By you returning daily to sign in you are helping me more than you know, cuz I have a purpose and a responsibility to stay clean and sober.

It is obvious that alkies and addicts understand eachother like no one else and that is why AA/NA has produced many miracles and SR is too.

It's hard to stay stuck in self pity when you are doing sevice work or reaching out to another addict in love.
Just keep comin back here and start opening up with someone.

Encourage someone today, by doing so you just may be insuring another 24 hours clean and sober for yourself.

*Song For The day! Tuesday Afternoon - Moody Blues

Way to go medic61310 on 14 days! Also so happy to see so many returning!!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sober holiday, able to take time out to reflect on the true meaning of the day and share that with my kids. Nice not worrying about if there are enough beers in the cooler to quench my "thirst". I was also able to see how much others drank over the weekend, no one had more than 3. I'm gaining perspective on my abnormal relationship with beer. 3 beers is all I'm missing if I was like most folks, all this obsessing over not being able to drink like Others is fading too. I cant have three beers, its ok!! Signing up for another 24.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

24 more
Old 05-27-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm on Day One and am committed to this first 24 hours being sober. I'm very glad I found this forum.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The weekend is up already????

In - but checkin out 11:03 pm nite nite see ya all tomorrow. God bless you all!

Florida USA
Old 05-27-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

raven, WELCOME!!!!! So glad you made it through day 1. you will feel soooooooo much better soon. why not come back in the morning and post another 24 hour commitment? can't hurt! :-) good luck to you. you will find much support all around.

this is wehav2day signing up for another 24 hours! was off camping for 3 days, and wouldn't you know it they didn't have wifi? ;-) sober camping was a breeze, have actually been camping sober for a couple of years now. it's the other times I was having trouble. at one point, after the folks at the site next door started talking about what they blew for their first dui (some kind of campfire game eh?), they started getting sloppier, and even my partner said "I bet you sure don't miss being in that company." darned right I don't miss getting looser with my tongue as the night progressed. or the hangover...
Old 05-27-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I will!

I hear you on the camping thing. My ex and I were marathon drinking campers. People actually caught on fire more than once! That's not "fun," right?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Hi Ms Deeker?
Still a fan of the Gipper! Sure do miss him too.
Here's to another 24 @ 12 midnite in GA
Old 05-27-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Coldfusion is my name, sobriety is my game.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Checking in after a long work weekend. Still sober and sassy and proud of it!