Notices

24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet Part 5 Hang With The Winners Club!

Old 05-28-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

09.54 North West U.K

Didn't get chance to log in yesterday, but still here walking the walk with you all.
I'm in work right now and it's a miserable, cold, wet day, but hey, I'm well, I'm sober and I'm happy. Another 24 for me please.

Gxx

Just for Today: By focusing on my recovery I can experience the freedom to be myself, the person my Higher Power intended me to be.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

not getting it still

Im Back aghh 24 more
Old 05-28-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Here for 24 more.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Signing in for 24 more hours...one day at a time we can all do this.

Happy sober Tuesday, 8am in ny.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SavingSelf View Post
Hi everyone just starting out. At 7 months today, I am here to report it absolutely is possible, no matter what is happening in your life. You can stay sober a day at a time.

Deeker requested that I post in here what has helped me in this "attempt"--I've had many throughout the years....

I've always worked out (even while I was still drinking, although admittedly the last year I didn't do it 1/2 as much as I used to)...but now I work out daily. In addition, the following is what I posted after reaching 60 days.

Hope that helps someone! Please keep trying. You can do it.
That helps me. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

another 24 hours here in NY at 11:21 est and another 24 hours sober. glad to have 51 days today
Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm in for 24.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
urban chicken

29 days down and in for another 24 :-)
Old 05-28-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hello....I had been away, and not able to check in each day, but now I will be settling back into a routine. Therefore I am here and going to remain sober for another 24 hrs.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Its Tuesday and I'll take another 24 more pleez
Old 05-28-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Please count me in for the next 24 hours. I have an evening planned of *both* hockey and basketball playoffs on TV! Woot!!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Back to reality - gotta get ready for work.. after a three day week-end, this is not easy to go back to the stress and petty frustrations of my job.
However, I am down for 24 hours of clean and sober time.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

4:30pm ET..on way to a beginner's mtg & big bk study in an hr
Sign me up pls
Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

24 more please, Sunday marked my longest run since I started drinking 78 days, today is day 80.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm in for another 24 ... Liking this sober thing!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

24 hour Club - Hope you all made it through the last 24 Hours with flying colors. If you are lurking please sign up! Just sign in with time and location and tell us you are commting to staying clean for the next 24 hours and come back everyday!

If you made it through the weekend, Way to Go!!

If you struggled or slipped, don't stay stuck. Get honest with us today when you check in so we can encourage you and recommit. You do not have to stay down. Learn from your mistake. What could you have done different? Don't beat yourself up, but learn. No shaming here. We just want to help.

Prayers for Lavender, med61310, Midlifecrisis all for strength in the early days.

Welcome to our Newest Members - Midlifecrisis

In The AA Big Book It Says....

“NOTHING WILL SO MUCH INSURE IMMUNITY FROM DRINKING as intensive work with other alcoholics.” The book states clearly that intensive work with other alcoholics is the most powerful tool to staying sober.

Bill W the founder of AA was often plagued by waves of self-pity and resentment that almost drove him back to drink but he found that when all other measures failed, work with another alcoholic would save the day.

I find when I encourage another alkie that I get out of myself and the last thing I want is to drink or drug .

I have hope and I want to give people hope . My life is a miracle today and I want you to believe yours can be too.

But I also do it for a selfish reason, I Love the 24 Hour club, but I really do it because it keeps me clean and sober and I am thrilled if it helps you too.By you returning daily to sign in you are helping me more than you know, cuz I have a purpose and a responsibility to stay clean and sober.

It is obvious that alkies and addicts understand eachother like no one else and that is why AA/NA has produced many miracles and SR is too.

It's hard to stay stuck in self pity when you are doing sevice work or reaching out to another addict in love.
Just keep comin back here and start opening up with someone.

Encourage someone today, by doing so you just may be insuring another 24 hours clean and sober for yourself.

*Song For The day! Tuesday Afternoon - Moody Blues

Way to go medic61310 on 14 days! BuddinK 80 days!

Great to see so many returning!

Everyday I post a Welcome Post similar to this with New Members, look for it and also those who need prayer. Please encourage our Newcomers and those struggling in a private message or when you check in to recommit! Be someone's Angel today!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours. Day one.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Haven't checked in for a few days in this thread but I have been staying sober for 52 days and would like to make it 53 days!

Checking in at 8:28 from rainy Virginia.

Continuing thanks to deeker, as always, for being the inspirational ringleader of this thread. I love the song/video of the day and I also particularly like this drawing from a few days ago. A nice reminder that we can get from "I can't do this" to "I did it!":
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
YesIDidItSteps.jpg (20.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-28-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Posting early

Hello 24 Hour Club, we just need to get over this HUMP.
We can do it!

Welcome if you are new, won't you please sign up for 24 hours and commit to staying clean and sober with us. Helps to be accountable. Sign in time and location.

Legend40 - 51 Days woohoo!
roosta-1 month tomorrow woohoo!
Buddink - 80 days woohoo!

Running With Wolves - Author Unknown

If you run with Wolves, you will learn how to howl .
It is better to be alone than in the wrong company.

Tell me who your best friends are, and I will tell you who you are.

If you run with Wolves, you will learn how to howl.
But, if you associate with Eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights.

A mirror reflects a mans face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses.

The simple but true fact of life is that you become like those with whom you closely associate for the good and the bad.

The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve.

Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity.

An important attribute in successful people is their impatience with negative thinking and negative acting people.

As you grow, your associates will change. Some of your friends will not want you to go on. They will want you to stay where they are.

Friends that don't help you climb will want you to crawl. Your friends will stretch your vision or choke your dream. Those that don't increase you will eventually decrease you.

Wise is the person who fortifies his life with the right friendships.

Choose to rise...Don't settle...and go for your dreams!!!
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Sometimes it is difficult to let go of old friends in our lives , but if they were a big part of my using days, chances are they aren't good for my recovery.

*Song Of The Day

Remember Wolves are beautiful but very dangerous!

Prayers for LDT - for sleep, Midlifecrisis- new start and strength, Grace2 - for sunshine, trikyriky- new start and strength, 1Datatatyme - less stressful days at work.

Trikyriky and MidlifeCrisis admire your honesty just start over, we r glad u made it back.

Here's to another 24 Hours !!! Woohoooooo!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

11.23 am here in Australia. I had a little trouble finding the link to sign in this morning but i am here now i am in for my 52nd x 24 hours of wonderful Sobriety. Have a great day everyone