Notices

A New Day (Munchkin's Thread) Part 3

Old 08-29-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I'm happy you've decided on Fairbanks.....I felt that although wither Anchorage or Fairbanks would be good....you leaned more towards Fairbanks It will also make things easier to move back into your own home You better take pics for us of your x-mas decorations and give the the daily weather reports and how long / short, the days are
Old 08-30-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I'm glad we decided on it just because its more simple.
I have to admit, I've been getting very overwhelmed by much of it lately. Hubby last night got super frustrated at me acting as if what I have been getting done isn't all that much.
Yesterday I got my old job back (just not lead, only senior), finalized some last loose ends on our drive across country, finalized our budget.
Wanna hear something impressive?
I originally (a while back) figured out our total reimbursement would be 3727.00
Yesterday, without looking at that tab (I actually forgot it was there!) I finalized our budget worksheet and the total expenses came to........3747.00
Pretty dang close!
The biggies are the disney tickets and the price we have to pay to bring our camper on the Alaska Marine Highway.
Pretty nice.

Well today, I'm somewhat taking a hiatus from planning the move. Only things I plan to do is make one last hotel reservation in Bellingham WA for the day before we are to catch the ferry, I just contacted my sons current teacher to open up communications about how we forward his paperwork to his new school, and I might do a bit of research on before and after care in Fairbanks.
That's not a biggie though.

I'm so overwhelmed guys. So tired. Told hubby to "wake me up when September ends" (Greenday song)
Hubby never sees this side simply because if I give it to him he just won't do it because "he forgets".
Plus he's never really seen the side of the move where you have to talk to this office, call this place, organize this bit, make this reservation, etc.
Its always me. Usually I don't mind but working in this toxic office makes it so difficult because of so many people here non stop listening to everything.

Well, I'm off to work on that last hotel res, look for some discounts for this weekend (remember Monticello?), and then maybe watch a movie and finish hubbys hat. Need to make some mittens for ds and me, extras for in my Jeep. I used to keep a blanket, some hand warmers, and emergency supplies in my jeep but since being here in Maryland I got out of that habit somewhat.

Still here, still sober. And very tired.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Moving is up there on the stress scale, so is changing jobs.....so you've got good reason to feel overwhelmed. Remember HALT - don't let yourself get hungry, angry, lonely or tired.....I think that's good advice for most everything...not just sobriety.

I'm angry at hubby. Doesn't happen very often.......but it's upsetting. Second marriages are not easy Blended families can be like a pot of stew....not always seasoned well. Oh well, I'm going to try and rest and relax....not get to worked up.

Took long walk this morning, which felt good
Old 08-31-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Had a tough day today which is weird because I'm on a mini vacation.

All because DS was just all over the place. Each time we would say "No, stop that, don't do that" he would do it worse" That was at Monticello. Next was at the mall. Once again, he screamed, wouldn't listen ran all over the place so finally dh and I just decided "lets go back to the room" DS has a temper tantrum in the room, we just ignored him. After about an hour of boredom on DH & I's part, we decided "lets go to Whole Foods down the street, that's always a relaxing trip" We like to smell the artisan soaps, try out the lotions, try the samples of gluten free foods.
Well here, DS was up to more of the same. It ended with DS toppling the shopping cart over with it falling on top of him, spilling some of our groceries.
I told DH I don't care about any of the other junk. I JUST WANT WINE.
He knew I was serious so he started saying lets just leave.
But instead I calmed myself down a bit and said, "no, lets go get a latte" I ordered a grande pumpkin spice latte and shared it with dh and ds.
Amazingly this had a calming effect on us all as we sipped from it.
Picked up some Synergy kombucha, some artisan raw milk cheese (super stinky but super yummy!) Some tortas and asparagus and gruyere ravioli to go with dinner tonight in the hotel room. (pork chops and green beans)
DH is keeping himself and ds busy while I decompress a bit more sitting here at my laptop now, snacking on slices of the cheese (yup, super stinky but sooooooo yummy. It would be even better with some perrier or pellegrino)
I almost caved, I almost said forget it, buy a bottle of wine.
But thank God I saw the coffee stand there at Whole Foods. I went back to my crutch (remember in the early days I used espresso)
I think the biggie here is not the fact that its coffee, espresso or whatever. Its that when I have a cup in my hand, its so hot, that I have to relax, slowly sip and that brings me down a bit. That is what I'm looking for.
So still here, still sober and now snacking on my sweet olive oil tortas and drinking a plain glass of water.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
monticello1.jpg (98.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 09-02-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Munch, I'm sorry DS was so upset, and consequently upset you Glad you were able to cope and decompress w/o a relapse.

I've been meaning to discuss DS with you and the upcoming move. Mind you, I've never met him, but Ive a fair about of experience as a mom and educator. It's possible the move might make DS anxious. We moved when my oldest daughter was starting the second grade. Her teacher called to tell me how many bathroom breaks she was taking. I asked her to stop counting...it would only add to the anxiety. My friend's daughter was the same age, and began wetting the bed. Not sure what the trouble with DS was on this trip....but wanted to share my thoughts about your impending move and how it might affect your son.

It might be helpful to initiate some conversations about the move, talk about his new room, maybe show him pictures of his new school etc......so things feel more familiar to him.

Celebrated my 56th birthday yesterday and second sober one

BTW, thank you for sharing the beautiful picture of you and your son!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Pond, yup, that is what DH & I think. It must be the move coming up that is scaring him. Last night at about 2am he got up from a really bad dream and STAYED up till about 430a until we let him sleep in our bed.
I told hubby we need to cull our conversations about the move, at least while we're around DS. I think its bothering DS just too much.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Labor Day Weedend

Staying sober, Son robbed us of 5200 bucks and is headed for Detox. Police said they can't do a thing unless we press charges. We took his car keys and am going to rest this evening. I'm able to handle this crap, only because I refuse to drink. Talk about motivation.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

You're right Rndz7, very good motivation to stay sober!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

At work today, started out kind of hectic but I'm hoping it slides into an easier day. We decided yesterday a few things.
  1. No talking about the move (as much as possible anyways) in front of DS. Its bothering him too much.
  2. We're changing plans on our route which will be finalized by me today. Instead of camping in Albuquerque and Lake Havasu AZ we are staying at hotels there. Simply because it will be less stress for all of us.

You know all, I've started taking Niacin and and Alpha Lipoic Acid and what a difference!
Now I definitely do not like the flushing I get when I take the Niacin but my skin looks awesome lately!
Very cool!

Funny here, people here at work are now just starting to realize the situation they will be in when I leave.
Right now the boss and her boss barely let anyone take vacation. They say "WE NEED COVERAGE!" They actually yell at us if we get up to go use the bathroom.
Well everyone is just now starting to wake up to the idea that we all have massive amounts of vacation accrued AND once I leave things will get just slightly tighter.
One of my coworkers here asked our boss when I leave when will they be able to go on vacation, go pee, eat lunch.
I just told her today when she reiterated that that also please note, boss lady changed the subject when she asked that. I hope that makes her realize it.
Its gonna get UGLY here.

And THANK GOD I will not be here!

Oh and another thing to talk about. Hubby.
Remember just a month or two ago when I said he's gained like 15+ pounds?
Well I would say he's gained at least another 10-15+ lbs as of the past month or so.
I noticed just last night that he has REALLY gained. That goes along with also noticing that he has just about eaten any bit of junk food or even just healthy food that has been in the house.
I mean in MASSIVE QUANTITIES!
I told him last night when he was saying he "needs" to lose weight and he's going to start running again in the mornings.
I reminded him the old saying "weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise" which he kind of pooh poohed that because I think really he's eating simply because he's stressed and he feels like he has no control over it. Just my 2 cents.
Case in point, we got with a coupon recently a big bag of white chocolate M&M's. That was about 3 weeks ago. We all tried 3 or 4 and DS and I both chewed one or two, scrunched up our faces and went "ewww tooooo sweet!"
DH announced they tasted pretty good to him!
1 week later I'm going through our pantry, trying to see what basic staple items we need for grocery shopping and voila. The big bag of white chocolate M&M's are gone.
As is my special Ritter sport chocolate that I use when I'm stressed. As are the super sized bag of peppermint patties in the freezer.
Funny thing? DH is hiding any of the wrappings, bags or whatever in the trash like I used to with alcohol. I only find all the peppermint patty wrappers if I empty take off the first layer of trash sitting there, (think dried trash, not slimy food leftover trash. EWWW.)
Told dh I'm going to stop keeping chocolate in the house and just slide back to alcohol if he keeps eating all the chocolate. (JK!)

Okay so off that rant.

Today should be a good week for me. Wednesday I have a "stress reduction class" in the afternoon.
Thursday I have a "biofeedback session" that goes along with the stress reduction class as well as a follow up on weight loss.
This weekend surprisingly I didn't gain! I'm shocked!
But I didn't really lose much either. Stuck at 157 or there abouts.
I keep dropping down to like 155 or so but then I have a tough day and I splurge and eat cheetos, drink a soda pop and BOOM! I'm right back up to 157-158
Grrrrr.

Eating my muesli with a liberal dash of cinnamon and molasses. Drinking my Vanilla Caramel tea with almond milk and honey. DH made me an apple, ginger and carrot juice this morning to drink. My lunch is hoppin john with rice, snacks are cherry tomatoes, tuna fish with a tbsp of mayo and pickles chopped up with saltines and blueberries and blackberries.
Brought some dried lemon with a sliver of jiaogulan to drink later as tea.

Really want to get down to 155 this week and STAY THERE!

Well still here, still sober.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Need some feedback guys.

This morning DH & I got into a smallish type of argument. All regarding the move. (what's new right? )
My belief is always, if I have a few moments here, a few moments there to get things that need to be done there is no reason to procrastinate. Most of the time I accomplish this or that in between calls at work, or I just send an email here or there. Sometimes I walk down the hallway to go talk to transportation or finance.
Now for me this means I don't get tons of time to just sit back and relax, right now. I do get breaks but the way I figure is get the work done now, when I have spare bits of time so that way it doesn't accumulate into a massive amount of work later.
Plus later on then I can always sit back and take a break.
(for us that will be somewhat while we're on the road, ya know?)

Hubby on the other hand says there is no reason to keep tackling things, and no they won't accumulate into a big pile later on that has to be done.
Funny bit, throughout this past month he has said that there "is barely anything left that has to be done" (yet amusingly enough each time I tell him I got THIS done he tells me "wow, good call, I would've never thought to do that!"
I think that belief is because he's never seen, or barely seen my side of it. (getting medical records together, travel reservations done, budget done, job searching, clearing quarters, setting up transporation appointments, etc etc. I know I think I've said this here before)
The thing is, this has always been me. It was ingrained in me as a child just as hubby had not being late taught to him as a big lesson when he was a child.

That procrastination just makes the problem/issue even bigger so its best to just tackle the problem before it grows.

So, anyhoo. Another small rant with a funny attached.
Last week hubby made an appointment with the jeep dealer to get my Jeep looked at, it was for yesterday morning.
He suddenly shows up in my office at 11am and tells me "OMG I completely forgot the jeep appointment! I have to go drop your jeep off now!"
Now because he showed up so late they only got a chance to look at it so then it meant that I drove his truck home last night, picked up DS from daycare and then went home.
Man is his truck FILTHY! Can't see through the windshield which I told him at one point last night that his windshield is pretty bad.

Well this morning he gets home from his normal routine of driving into work to "check in" when he announces that I will be dropping DS off at daycare and what not. Then he vanishes again outside.
DS and I hurry downstairs when I ask out loud "where is your Daddy!?"
DS runs outside, comes right back and yells "he's cleaning his truck!"
Oh, okay. DS and I are hurrying to get ourselves ready to go (which we could kind of use help with) and DH is cleaning his truck.

DH finally strolls in, overhears part of DS & I talking and says that I told him last night that his trucks windshield is filthy and that he figured I should clean it.
I said somewhat under my breath (loud enough that dh & ds somewhat heard) that his truck being filthy is nothing new.
DH stomped out of the kitchen after telling me "well thanks"

DS said to me over his bowl of rice krispies "Mama, I think you made Daddy angry"
Looked over at DS with a sheepish smile and said "yea, I know"

I thought it was funny that DS noticed that.

You know, that's the thing. DH says he likes to drive my jeep because it's so nice and shiny. So clean. Oh and it's comfortable.
He says he doesn't like his truck as much because it's so torn up.
Well the question is, who tore it up?

Okay whatever. I can see I'm on a roll.

Might as well step off now. Have a wicked headache brewing anyhoo.

Still here, still sober.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munch: Sounds like hubby doesn't know which end is up or down. Poor Man! He's still trying to figure out what he's supposed to be doing? As much as it might grate on your nerves? Try complimenting him on the things he does and not complain under your breath about it. I used to be really bad about not complimenting things my husband would do. I could see the little boy hurt in his eyes whenever I just nodded at things he was bragging about doing. Or the look of, "well that's a woman's job" - "Why am I doing it"? (Like washing dishes) And she doesn't even appreciate me for doing it! I've learned with Jethro. If there's a job that needs to be done, that's really his to do? I'll start it and he'll jump in to help! SCORE ONE FOR TOD! And then I just OWWWWW and AHHHHH over how good a job he did. Your husband is used to doing things to win awards and certificates. Now he's going to be looking for approval from his number one gal. He will spread his Peacock tail feathers and just Prean with pride! Trust me on this one. And you two will get along a whole lot better for it.

Next time! Say Thank You for doing blah blah blah. Can you Please help me with blah blah blah And then sit back and watch how things change around your home and life. Remember the Cavemen that did the hunting and brought the meat home for the wife to cook? Manly Man! Thank God they aren't dragging us by our head of hair anymore! You and I have a lot of hair. BTW: Lovely picture of you two. Should crop and frame it!

Your hubby is also used to being on Uncle Sam's time. Not the families time. Like I've said many times. I was used to being on this set of tracks with the Army and things being done at home on time. Husbands are used to getting themselves ready and flying out the door heading to work. Be sure to kiss the wife, kid and disappear! That's the manly thing to do. LOL

It also sounds like your husband had a job that kept him very busy. You said you couldn't see out of the windshield. He knows you are going to be driving his truck again while your jeep is back in the shop. So he thinks - "Well hell! I'm going to get that windshield cleaned so the next time she drives it? It won't be as bad as before. And son can brag to mommy how clean it was while being driven to Daycare by daddy". Men aren't programmed to multi task like women are either. They have a one track mind. So expecting hubby to just change gears so soon after being released from the Army? Is like tying one of his hands behind his back and telling him to figure out how to get things done. (Oh My! I just went thru that with Jethro having Carpo Tunnel surgery)! LOL Talk about a challenging two weeks around here. And he's wanting to get his left wrist done in the near future too. I'm going on vacation somewhere.

So picture hubby with his arm tied behind his back when you are talking to him about things needing done. You'll get a whole new perspective on how to change your thoughts and views on doing things. You both are being train wrecked right now. Maybe look for sites on leaving the military - now what do we do? There might be some good info out there as to how things are going to happen. I'm sure too the sooner he gets a job, the sooner he'll start to settle down and relax some.

As for the over eating? He's diffidently stressed, worried, out of sorts and is thinking too? I'm no longer having to worry about my weight due to the Army Regs. Where he used to be busy with his hands at work? He's now using those hands to reach for something to make him feel satisfied.

You just stay focused on what you need to be doing. Like you've been doing for years. If it will help any? Leave the notebooks out where you've gotten everything accomplished for this move and what still needs to be done. Let him see in black and white what's going on. Not just talk about it! Some people are more visual in comprehending things than verbalization.

Okay! I gotta make some runs around town today. I climbed out of bed at 12:45 and went straight into the shower. Ha Ha Ha I haven't done that for years now. I'd just as soon go back to bed than get ready to go to town. To say the least? I was REALLY surprised when I heard the bathroom door open and Jethro say goodmorning Dear. What the hell is he doing home is what I was thinking. LOL I thought he was at work. He was actually heading to work. ARGH!

TOD
Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Yeah, I gotcha TOD. Hubby is most definitely NOT a multi tasker.
Actually I did somewhat do that TOD which DH's response SHOCKED ME.
I pulled out my old (like 15+ yrs) brown leather binder that zips up. I have everthing there organized by Transportation, Moving Expenses, VA, Orders (both past orders and new), SBP, Tricare, etc etc. I turned immediately to travel expenses, dh & I sat down and I poured over every single bit broken down for him. Black & white. Total expenses, total possible reimbursements. All of it.
He seemed rather " d" by it all. Like Holy sh*t! There is a lot here!
Made me feel just a tad bit better except then of course immediately afterwards he went on a rant of why do I have to keep saying I have stuff to do.
Plus I've noticed something odd lately.
He gets very distracted and completely forgets everything. From what he was just talking about (I've counted sometimes up to 5 "whatchamacalits" in the same sentence before. Imagine talking to someone, say, about world affairs and you hear this...."Well yesterday whatchamacalit said that he was backing the uhhhh whatchamacalit initiative and so because of that the prices of uhhhmm whatchamacalit will be going up" Hilarious and frustrating. I keep telling hubby to slow down, pause, think about what he's going to say first. AND STOP LOOKING AT THE TV while doing it.

Yesterday was yet another interesting afternoon.
We got to the auto service center yesterday and first, went to pick up our keys. Hubby told me yesterday that all the work was covered under warranty. Well, no it wasn't. $180 for fixing the seat belt security thing. The guy DH spoke to was there yesterday and told him "no sir, remember, I covered all this with you, this and this was not covered and you elected not to have those items fixed but you agreed on getting the seat belt fixed.
We paid it and then walked away with DH frustrated and angry saying "I never authorized that!"
(I have the sneaking suspicion that they were talking to him and telling him it but he wasn't fully engaged and listening. Didn't say that though)

So we leave and then DH announces "WAIT Where are my keys!
So for the next 30 minutes we search the Jeep dealership, his truck, my purse (because he often tries to throw blame at me) when finally one of the Jeep employees found it.
In his truck in the center console.
LOL

Told hubby he needs to slow down and THINK.
His biggest issue seems to be prioritizing. He tackles the meaningless stuff first while the stuff that is more important sits on the side. Had problems with this when he was in his twenties but its gotten worse lately. He used to burn food non stop but now I cook more often so our food remains edible.

Well whatever, my therapist constantly tells me to concentrate more on myself, not on him or DS which is hard.

Still gotta headache today but not as bad as yesterday.
Oh and went to the AWC (army wellness center) for an appointment that they kinda botched up a bit.
It was supposed to be a "Stress Management class" turns out that they cancelled that without telling anyone. So instead it was just a check up. They weighed me, checked my BP, advised me my BP was super high and that I am a "heart attack waiting to happen" (160/110). Then did my ultrasound on my arms, tummy, thigh and hip. I lost fat on my arm, thigh and hip, gained .5 fat on my tummy.
Stress.....

Good news....16 days left (not counting today)
Half day today. I see my therapist today which is good. Have lots of rumblings in this brain of mine.
Then afterwards I convinced DH that we should go to the gym. Together, him and I.
He didn't want to and tried to throw up excuses but I told him "really there is no excuse good enough currently"
DS is at daycare today on a field trip to Smithsonian. He won't be back till 6pm, the housework will always be there, I'm not going to worry over THAT.
He needs a break away from resume writing, job searching.
1.5 hours won't hurt a thing and it will definitely help things.

So after my appointment today we go to the gym here at APG. I need some really good cardio and ST time. I think come October I'm going to go to Yoga and Spinning classes.

Still here, still sober
Old 09-05-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Munch, I'm getting stressed out reading about all the stress in your life! LOL! I feel kind of sorry for your hubby He is truly out of his element right now.....maybe not the advice you want to hear....but maybe you should continue to take the lead with the move, as you've got experience , and hope hubby gets the hang of civilian life once moved?

I can't believe you've only got 16 more days of work...I am totally JEALOUS! My school year is just starting up....oh boy!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

You could be very right Pond.
Today 15 days left guys.
And yet another headache today. Day 4 for headaches.
I'm thinking it is due to ragweed. Its that time of year.

I've got to correct one hotel res here for on post (add a day unless we want to stay in a house with no furniture and no way to cook) , contact DS's school to talk about pulling him out Nov 8th and possibly talk to DS's future school about the transfer.
Plus I want to talk to DS's fav teacher about transferring the results about his tests.

Not in the mood to talk guys. Still annoyed by yesterday. Was supposed to get off at 1230p for appointments. Got off instead at 130p and was then called back at 3p.
At least I made my therapist appointment. Fine boss lady doesn't want me to take my mandatory lwop? NP. I could use the paycheck since I'm getting ready to have none in about 2 months.
Still here still sober.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I wrote all of below and was about to post before I had a re-think. I'm angry, it's not at you, obviously, I don't even know you. I'm just angry. Now the sensible thing to do would be to delete below message, turn off the lights and just wait for the sun to rise and the morning it brings......that's the easy way out. I'm going to press the send/post button because I actually want the consequences..........well, know I don't but I need to realise that the very uncharacteristic ANGRY 'me' my friends were starting to describe when i'd had a drink or two does actually exist. There is no one kidding anyone here other than ME!

Thank you for reading.

Why not just write a blog or PM 'tired of' and 'pond lad'y? This 'thread' seems like a self indulgent waste of resources to me. No doubt i'll get a PM from a moderator for that statement. I'm not trying to be nasty, I just don't get it. Why title a whole thread in your honour?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Actually this is part three of a thread that I use only for keeping myself accountable. I started it Dec 14 2011.
I keep blogs but blogs tend to be not as good tools for keeping me accountable.
I know people here read it, some of those know me from Dec 2011.
So I know for a fact that if I were to suddenly post "Well guys, I relapsed" I would have quite a few individuals on this thread respond with sadness and shock.
I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to drink and then I thought of how I would have to post that here and then so many would be disapointed.
Itchy once told me "you can never have enough tools in your toolbox" or something along those lines.
This for me is just another tool. Especially since I've never made it to a AA meeting, and I have no local groups to stay accountable with.
Each of us has to find our way in our own way. This was mine.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

And lifetplant, I have the angry me constantly running around, and now I'm going on almost 2 years sober.
No worries. You're forgiven.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

lifetplant: I personally enjoy Munchkin's Thread and all that she talks about! It's each persons choice as to what Thread they want to read or not read. I got started on reading her Thread due to the fact I used to have a Chinese Silkie Chicken named Munchkin! Then I learned her husband is in the Active Duty Army. (Soon to retire) I put 22 years in the Army National Guard as a full time employee. So we had something in common besides being in Recovery from our DOC.

I used to have my own Thread: Animal Planet. I quit posting there due to I pretty much say the same things on the Hen House Thread now.

I understand the ANGER part too. When I was strung out on my DOC - opiates! I had a lot of anger too. I stopped taking them this past Feb 28th. That anger has slowly faded away with the clean time I've gotten under my feet. All things start to change in ourselves once we take the cause out of the picture.

Wishing you Peace in your life and more understanding as to why you have all that anger.

TOD
Old 09-06-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Munch: I'm going to say this to you NOW! Get on some sort of BP med! Your BP is way over the top. That's why you are having those headaches too. Same thing happened to me. Jethro was worried sick I was going to have a stroke! You damn sure don't need that to happen to yourself either.

Said with love and care!

TOD
Old 09-06-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Yeah I know TOD, (about the high BP) I told a coworker today and she insisted "OH my you gotta get to the dr!"
I raised my eyebrows at her and said "uhhhh when???? Especially when the boss is now barely letting many of us take leave.
Next week I get off an hour at one point to go to finance, then Friday, 1 hour early and both are not guaranteed. Boss won't let us put in for actual vacation either. We got into a disagreement yesterday when she almost didn't let me go to my therapist appointment because I told her that people are complaining that they can't take off. She at first argued but then, I think, reluctantly agreed because she let me go with the promise I will come back shortly.
My only hope?
I have 15 days exactly. I have a camping trip next weekend. After that I will be going to the gym and will be away from work. (oh ps, my BP has only spiked since the past month or so. Typically its around 125/75 to 80. Diastolic a bit high but systolic good.
I think (only think this because its only the past month or so that I have felt so overwhelmed **and so drawn to drinking more than ever***) the move, combined with work, then add that I haven't been going to the gym hardly at all (also because I haven't really gotten much time off like I was 2 to 3 months ago) well, its all becoming a perfect storm.

Have to admit, I was a bit peeved at DH today. Got home from work, after working overtime that I will not get paid for to find house pretty messed up and none of the stuff done that he said he would do. So after we ran to Wallyworld and Aldis I proceeded to clean the house, cut herbs and set them to dry, went through ds's schoolwork, yada yada yada. Uggh. Had a pretty bad dinner tonight too of Digiorno pizza (sp??) and spicy wings that now are leaving me feel bloated and nasty. Yuck.

Good news. No wine, no booze.
Watching DH play Resident Evil 5 while knitting my new black and purple mitten. To be a set that will be kept in my Jeep for emergencies.