Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 15

Old 05-09-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congratulations B.F.

7 months is really wonderful!

Think I missed out on some posts yesterday, hoping all of you Undies are doing well.

Welcome to ElegantlyWasted and In NeedOfGrace, so glad you are both joining us on the sober ride.

Take care everyone

Bloss
Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 46 is winding down, and just relaxing. Just wanted to say hi, and have good night.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Undies check out what I bought at a estate sale it actually took me out of my 'want to kill annoying little brother mood'...Love it! I probabbly will post it in all my threads I hang out in...lol... because I love it so much! Looks good on the desk and when I look at it I can't help but to giggle at this funny toe painted dude...[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Finally home, showered and a couple tylenol.. Ready to just put the legs up and rest.. 2 am...

Night Night gang..
Old 05-10-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies. I've had two busy days, plus my mood is somewhat that I want to tear myself apart. I am angry with myself. And my birthday is approaching, it makes me sad. Sometimes I manage to dig out off this black mood, but it apparently has powerful gravity so it drags me down.

ElegantlyWasted and In NeedOfGrace - welcome to the thread!

My best wishes to all the Undies)

I'll check in and see you later.

BF - congrats on 7 months!! You are doing so great, my friend.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

8.35 Fri

Hi again Friday F'undies

Winter has returned with a vengeance, I've had to put the heating back on this morning, windy, cold, pouring down with rain and just plain miserable.
Took my Mum to the Doctor's yesterday, she hasn't got shingles but some sort of skin infection for which she's been given an antibiotic cream, but she has to go for a scan on the lump on her leg. So fingers and everything crossed that it's something and nothing.
I've got a bit of a reprieve today with just my own 3 yr old, the other two have gone away for the weekend, ones a doddle compared to three.

Nicky, thanks for those words of advice re the anti-depressants, I do remember what you said a couple of weeks ago so I am being aware. So far, so good but I know if things start getting me down again I can always go back and have a chat with my Doctor. Thanks for your concern. Have a good day today. xxx

Glad you liked the pic B.F and we're grateful for having you and your support in our lovely group.

Hope you have a good day today R1ck. Take it as it comes.

In NeedofGrace, welcome to the Undies, good to have you with us. How will this group cope with 2 Graces? lol. You did the right thing coming straight back after slipping and day 4 is good. Stay focused and stick close over the weekend. Be kind to yourself and keep reading and posting. You can do this and we're all on your side every step of the way.

Elegantlywasted welome too to the Undies. Doubt that I was ever anything like elegant when I was wasted, lol. It's good to have you with us and you're doing well at over a fortnight. How are you finding it? Stick close.

Hi Steve, sounds like you have a good day planned, with bit of retail therapy thrown in reading between the lines. Enjoy. Phew, don't envy you the 90 hours next week, you're such a glutton for punishment.

Nel, raining here too so join the club. Feel free to vent as much as you like, Brothers, sons, welcome to my world!!! Have a good day.
Ha ha, re your estate sale buy, I thought it was a Prince Charles copy, don't you think it looks like him? Lol.

HD3, that's what I was on, same dosage too! So far, so good, I'm feeling well and long may it continue. I was given Mertazapine too to take at the the same time, but I only took them for a fortnight as they made me feel groggy all day!

Hi Bloss, lovely to read your post. Have a good Friday.

Hi Matthew, day 47 today then. wow, you are such an inspiration. Have a great Friday.

Got to dash, see you all later

Stay safe and sober

Gxxxx
Old 05-10-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning gang Think I will clean on this rainy day kinda feeling tired today, I kinda feel like sitting in front of the T.V. watching a good movie this afternoon. I think that is kinda fun and relaxing on a rainy day but I rarely ever do it. If I get a head start on my day, I just might!!...lol...I hope everyone will have a great Friday and a wonderful Mothers Day weekend. I tell you I miss my mom so much, I wish she did not die young (61) My poor mom suffer with diabetes and had heart problems at the end, she lost her sister 13 days prior and I think that is what took her besides her health..broken heart, she loved her sis...So I'm going to remember all the loving memories of my mom and be grateful I had such a wonderful loving mother♥ ...Tootles Undies, I'll check in later...P.S. did I tell you I bought a weighted 2.5 lbs. hula hoop, yep I been hooping
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome to our 2 new undies!

Grace & Nel I want some of your rainy weather!!!

Grace hope the lump on your mom isn't anything too serious!

Steve glad you're enjoying the new car! You deserve it!

MD maybe there's something special you can treat your self to on your upcoming bday or just maybe a relaxing quit day where you don't have to do anything at all.

Dee how have you been?

Where's WWG and Tanja!?

So what's everyone doing for Mother's Day? I will be going down to San Diego to my moms bfs house with my sister. She's been dating this guy since like Sept and I still haven't met him. He has 2 kids boy 14 girl 10 who my mom said they constantly want to be around her and hang out
( they're mom passed away from cancer a few years ago). The drinking makes me a little uneasy which is why I haven't been over there for past holidays. I know esp on holidays mom likes her wine and her bf beer she said. And my mom even tho I've told several times I don't drink anymore still thinks I do and I know will be offering me beer. I told her I'm only going to go for a couple hours. I think I'll make a comment ahead of Time asking if there will be soda and if not I will get some. And of corse have my phone near by incase I need to hop on here!

Well better get ready for work. Woohoo Friday!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

lol ...Could I use 'kinda' one more time in my earlier post:rotfxko
Old 05-10-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
lol ...Could I use 'kinda' one more time in my earlier post:rotfxko
I'm more than kinda glad it's Friday. Hi nel!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

BF have a great time, sounds like it could be a good visit. Might as well bring your own beverage.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon Undies,

Boozefree - Congratulations on 7 months of sobriety7 I do hope you found someway to celebrate this wonderful milestone. We both started out in the October class and I am so incredibly awed and inspired by you! It's good to know that you have a plan when visitng your mother.

Nel - I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. What a great attitude in remembering how loving and wonderful your mother was.

Grace - I hope the scan goes well on your mother's lump. Sending prayers her way.

I am visiting my mother on sunday and have to buck myself up. She is in the end stages of alzheimers, sleeps most of the time and can barely communicate. It is heartbreaking to see my once vibrant mother suffering in this way. All I can do is offer my love at this point. Hug her, kiss her and tell her I love her.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well 1 night down, 5 to go for a day off...

Raining today, first time in a month that I have to walk to work in the rain.. Been pretty blessed with that....

Have a wonderful day gang..
Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Nel: That 2.5 pound hula hoop sounds cool, about your mom, really makes one remember how fragile and precious life is
Grace: hope the antibiotic helps your mom and the biopsy is negative
HD: hang in there, rest as much as possible, when you are able
M.B. take it easy on yourself, all will be well. some days I just barely stay afloat too, I just keep reminding myself how low I was when I was binge drinking

Everyone have a nice Mothers Day weekend
Bloss
Old 05-10-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Your right Bloss, life is precious, I thought I would have her for a long time I was only 39 when she passed, I still have a hard time 5 1/2 years later we were just has close as you can be, talked every day a million times and did everything together...Where there was Nellie there was Norma♥(mom)...I'm loving the hula hoop it kinda hurts but I'm getting use to it. I did it through the whole album of Grease, yes it fell a lot but I'm defiantly getting better. I want to get or make my own regular hula hoop not weighted for more hula fun I want to learn some fun hula moves/dance/tricks down the road. I'm hopping it will be a good alternative exercise since my knee is bad....Well gang its cold outside!! Is it ever going to warm up and stay that way??? That's the big question on my mind.Well Undies gotta run...Tootles
Old 05-10-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

doing ok now thanks BF

have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 05-10-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Doing the road trip again to pick up my "friend." I'm a little nervous after our failed attempt to drink together... but she promises to be on antabuse until she gets a little time back (we each had about 3 months). I can feel the concern of friends and family, one of my close friends just looked at me and she smiled..."may the force be with you."

Anyway, about problems. I hope to find a better balance... in general. Sometimes I dive into recovery activities like meetings and calling people... and it's good to a point, but for me I think I procrastinate with it. I don't want to brush up a resume, study a skill, or even go to the gym some days... Everything feels like work. But I do think that I'm gonna have to get over it (like baby steps, thanks Grace ) or meaningful changes won't happen. I hate that I have to do it. Well, I don't HAVE to, but you know... I'll be really unhappy if I don't make any changes... maybe a little more music, not sure yet.

Thanks for giving me a place to share.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Well glad I am not a ice cube...

Because it rained on my way to work, and poured on the way home...

Glad to be home dry now...

Night night..
Old 05-11-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good Saturday to you all!!♥ Hope you have a great day
Old 05-11-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yes good Saturday, like Nel said.

Have a great day everyone
Bloss