Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 15

Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hahaha... I tried to list the names like Grace and a few of you do, going straight down...Hahaha:rotfxko I'm so not good with computer stuffTootles
Old 05-26-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Thank you everyone for your support! If I can do it, anyone can do it.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Have a nice Sunday Undies

Whether its birthday parties, BBQ's, doing crafts or just relaxing...sober makes whatever you are doing so much better
Bloss
Old 05-26-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, just checking in. Sober on day 62, and having a great time in Vermont with my family. I am thinking of telling my parents while we are here, but not sure.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
Have a nice Sunday Undies

Whether its birthday parties, BBQ's, doing crafts or just relaxing...sober makes whatever you are doing so much better
Bloss
It sure does. Soberiety just keeps getting better and I thought that was all talk too.

x
Old 05-26-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

only you can say what is the right thing to do regarding your folks Matt...but if you're not sure I don't think it will hurt to wait and think about it some more

D
Old 05-26-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Glad today is over.. So I am just driving through.. Good night..

Sleep well..
Old 05-27-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Day 172 here and all is well...Couldn't bring my dog to work as I was told dogs ain't allowed on site...Got home from work last night and instead of chilling out on the sofa I decided to go for a long walk with the dog..So on top of a 13 hour shift at work I followed that up with a 2 hour dog walk lol,by the time I got home it was time for me to go to bed but I enjoyed it and it made a change to have some relaxing time walking the dog instead of just lounging about on the sofa....Anyways I hope everyone is well....Take care....Steve..
Old 05-27-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Stevie can you bottle up some of your energy and send me some, pleez Well gang it's raining again, I'm afraid our basement my flood again the water in just sitting on top of the yard. Its a mess but on the bright side its given me plenty of down time to play with my crafts I hope everyone has a good Memorial day! I will check back later~~tootles
Old 05-27-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Day 51 here. I have lots of energy but not as much as Stevie... plus my Pug would refuse to walk for 2 hours, she only moseys for less than a half hour and 3-4 blocks.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, have to clean up around the house today after the weekend. I hope I can get back to more healthy eating. My yearly physical is coming up soon. Have a nice day,
Bloss
Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey everyone...Happy Monday.

Jim
Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. Happy Monday... having a tough time with urges this week. Trying to keep happy, but I keep thinking about numbing out. Just a little stressed lately. I don't think I'm close to relapse but the urges are concerning me. I've been reaching out and talking to people. But its funny how when I have these thoughts I convince myself that drinking again will be so calming. We all know that's a lie... at least after the drink.

I felt like I should just get that off my chest. Other than that I'm feeling good today.
Hope everyone had great weekends!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies)

My emotions have been quite diverse lately, but I'm quite ok now.

I hope you are having good weekend)

Melivin - AV is particularly strong when we are under stress or pressure, it's its chance to get to us. Don't listen. This shall pass, but you will stay sober.

Have a great day)
Old 05-27-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Today in the US is Memorial Day, but also a day of drinking and BBQ's. We drove back from Vermont today, and stopped and hiked in New Hampshire. Now we are back in our ocean town, and it is beautiful out. I mowed the lawn and now I am craving beer. On day 63, and wanting a beer real bad.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

WWG you would feel awful tomorrow if you had a beer today. And even if you could handle one tonight, you'd be back to where you started in no time. Read some of your old posts. Thy we're heartbreaking and hopeless. You are doing so well now. Stay strong.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OneLessLonely View Post
WWG you would feel awful tomorrow if you had a beer today. And even if you could handle one tonight, you'd be back to where you started in no time. Read some of your old posts. Thy we're heartbreaking and hopeless. You are doing so well now. Stay strong.
Thanks. I got over the urge with Sweat Tea. Now watching a show on Animal Planet about the Loch Ness Monster with my wife.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Good I'm glad to hear it!!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's pretty natural to crave Matt.
We just can't give in.

D
Old 05-28-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

8.25 Tue

Good morning Undies

I missed you all yesterday, I just had a busy day and the O.H was using the p.c last night till late. The sunshine didn’t last long, cold and wet yesterday and more of the same today.
Over the last few days, I’ve had this little voice telling me to go get myself a little bottle of vodka, it doesn’t smell and mixed with some fruit juice who would know!!! WTF, i don’t even like vodka, it was never my choice of poison. Good try A.V, but no thanks.

Morning Steve, I hope your man flu’s all gone now. It’s a shame that you couldn’t take Troy to work with you but I bet he enjoyed that 2 hr walk better! Bet your house is lovely and peaceful, but Friday will be here before you know it, can’t believe that we are almost in June!

Nel your weather sounds as miserable as ours, but we were lucky on Sunday for my g.daughter’s birthday, the sun shone down all day for her. I really, really hope that your basement doesn’t get flooded again after all the work you’ve done in it.

Hi Melivin, good to hear you’re feeling well, always a bonus. It was a holiday weekend here too, Bank Holiday Monday yesterday and a rainy one at that. Hey and if your cleaning is anything like mine, it would still be there waiting for you when you got home from your movie. What did you go and see? That’s the old A.V talking rubbish to you, you know that if you numbed yourself out, the stresses would still be there and more of them, the next day. I read somewhere here that if you can concentrate hard on doing something to keep your mind occupied for 20 mins, the urge will pass, just 20 mins, it’s worked for me on many an occasion.

Hi Duane and thanks for those words of encouragement.

Hi Bloss, I hope you had a great week end too, however you spent it and when you’ve finished your cleaning, pop over and do mine please, there’s more than enough for the two of us, lol. I’m trying hard to eat healthily, I’ve brought enough fruit and healthy food in work this morning to feed the whole team.

WWG, I hope you had a really good weekend visiting your parents and as a parent myself I’m, that once they get over the initial shock and surprise, they will support you 100% if you did decide to tell them.

Wise words of advice Dee.

Hi Drake, those days are adding up nicely now. I had to smile about your pug, well they do only have short, little legs, can’t expect them to do two hour walks. I have quite a lot of energy too, I think, though sometimes I have to keep pushing myself.

Jim, hope you had a great Monday too Jim and I hope Tuesday is good for you too!

HD3, you okay? Did you have a heavy day at work?

Midnight, I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling better again and that black cloud mood has passed. Hope you had a good Monday.

WWG, ‘this too shall pass’ don’t cave, just stop and think of how demoralised you would feel if you drank dirty beer now. Really focus hard on something else, cut the grass again, do some press ups, take the dog for a walk, you daughter to the park, just 20 minutes and it will pass.

Couldn’t put it better myself OLL.

See, WWG, tea makes all well again, lol and I’m sure Nicky can tell you all about the Loch Ness monster, seeing as she’s from that neck of the woods.

In work today, so I guess I’d better go and do a bit.

Stay safe and sober.

Gxx

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

Just for Today: I can experience the freedom to be myself, the person my Higher Power intended me to be.