Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Briar we have a 50 firework, here is yours

Fireworks come when we get to 100 days.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

I slept through the night without needing to get up for a pain pill
I'm definitely feeling better though I will continue to follow doctor's orders!

Sorry, Dee - we definitely don't want to put off anyone and even though Toots was joking, there could be others. Enough said.

I hope to get back to shout-outs in a few days but energy is still limited for now.

Have a good day to all :-)

Lots of love and hugs (and a hug for Mick),
Sass
Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Glad you on the mend Sass. This is a very tired Marching Marcher tonight. At last, the end of Week 1. 49 more until I get my firework Marcher 13!. Loving the balmy Autum weather we're having, it's made getting out my bed for early morning runs a breeze but by this time of night (10.30pm) i'm no use to no man. Enjoy the rest of your Friday folks. I'm off to check out Saturday for you ( after a sleep of course)!. Hope all is good with everyone. xx
Old 05-10-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Toots - Glad we didn't offend.

Marcher - Congrats on 50!

Shoes - Ms. Congeniality...another Sandra Bullock reference...(28 Days came up in my post when I reached there on the April group feed). Keep at it. I know that j.o.b. is headed your way!

Sassy - Wow, you must be one tough cookie not needing a pain pill overnight so early. I think with my surgery I was off them completely by Day 4 or 5. It's amazing how quickly the body heals! If you need one, take one, though, don't be a hero!

Now have a loaned copy of the big book and a meeting with my temporary sponsor and new sponsor this morning. We're going for coffee. I'm a little nervous, but I know it's going to be ok, so I'm trying to stay in this moment and not worry about what will happen when I get there, because you couldn't meet to nicer ladies, and I can always run away! LOL

Have a great Friday!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

LifeT, congrats on week 1! That first week is really hard for some of us. I'm somewhere around week 3 and feeling good as long as I ignore the sporadic pains.

Coffee, people have called me "one tough cookie" before but it's really all marshmallow inside :-). I just don't like being out of commission so I've gradually learned to very slightly push the envelope without risk of drastically overdoing. If I get any effects I don't think I should be getting, then I just retrench. Good luck with your meeting with sponsors this morning! I've heard that some of them can be very insightful and helpful. If you get a turkey, there's nothing that says you can't switch.

Hugs,
Sass
Old 05-10-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers and Happy it's Friday here but Happy whatever it is for you!

I can't keep up with the bananas anymore...so here's one for everybody no matter what day, week, or month it is!

As time marches on we all seem to be moving through our lives. Even though some days are a little tricky and maybe some of us needed another start....life goes on. At least we are participating in it! More than I could say not all that long ago. I was just a spectator before...watching it all go by...with a really bad hangover...and a lot of feeling pretty bad about myself.

The good parts certainly out weigh the bad now. In fact, the cruddy parts were always there. I just ran away from them. Now at least I face them...granted, some days slowly and not so perfectly but at least I try. I didn't have a job before, I had to care for my parents before, my life was sometimes happy and not so happy before and not much of that has changed. What has changed is me. I don't look at the same things the same way. All of those things look like there are solutions for them, don't look so personal, and definitely don't feel like they will last forever. Chances are high that by next year I'll have a whole new set of problems to deal with and most of the ones I have now will all be resolved and just distant memories. I'll probably just be complaining about my job. Lol

It does seem that now I just need to separate staying the course and living my life. The first is just how I live. The second is just life. In no way a bad thing. In fact, pretty simple. Biggest lesson I learned here lately is to watch my don't give a rat's ass attitude. I can see that if I start feeling like nothing I do is going to make any difference and that its only me who suffers..I'm in trouble. However, that's a crappy attitude to have no matter who you are...a drunk or not. So I will try very hard to remember it does matter. Even little things matter. Little things become big things. Everything matters in someway.

Go grab life by the ears and give it a big kiss on the lips friends!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
The good parts certainly out weigh the bad now. In fact, the cruddy parts were always there. I just ran away from them. Now at least I face them...granted, some days slowly and not so perfectly but at least I try. I didn't have a job before, I had to care for my parents before, my life was sometimes happy and not so happy before and not much of that has changed. What has changed is me. I don't look at the same things the same way. All of those things look like there are solutions for them, don't look so personal, and definitely don't feel like they will last forever. Chances are high that by next year I'll have a whole new set of problems to deal with and most of the ones I have now will all be resolved and just distant memories. I'll probably just be complaining about my job. Lol

It does seem that now I just need to separate staying the course and living my life. The first is just how I live. The second is just life. In no way a bad thing. In fact, pretty simple. Biggest lesson I learned here lately is to watch my don't give a rat's ass attitude. I can see that if I start feeling like nothing I do is going to make any difference and that its only me who suffers..I'm in trouble. However, that's a crappy attitude to have no matter who you are...a drunk or not. So I will try very hard to remember it does matter. Even little things matter. Little things become big things. Everything matters in someway.

Go grab life by the ears and give it a big kiss on the lips friends!
Well said, Shoes. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:34 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey Sass, looks like you are mending well, I hope you have a healing weekend

LP well done on getting through week one again, it is too easy, having slid, to think aw what the heck, so well done for getting right back at it

Shoes, as you are learning, attitude is everything!

Coffee, I hope that your meeting with your new sponsor went well

Not much to report from Tootsville, I hope absent Marchers are all doing well
Old 05-11-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi peeps.

I started the day comfortably and confidently but then found myself sailing really close to the wind as dinner came up. We had a really great meal planned and it tasted great too but I was that close to having a glass of wine I still can't believe it. I found myself thinking about it all afternoon, could I have just one, maybe two...I haven't thought like this in over two months!

By late afternoon AV was shouting at me that I could surely just have a glass or two on my birthday. It shook me up pretty badly. I'm going to have a hot shower and go and read my new ereader, I can't quite believe how close I came to giving up so much.

Have a good sober weekend.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thoughts are thoughts Marcher - it's what we do in response that counts.
You did good

have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 05-11-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congrats on hanging in there, Marcher! We all know just how hard that can be. Ya done good :-)

Hugs,
Sass
Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Marcher - great work my friend, protecting your sobriety. Big hug your way
Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi Marcher!
Kind of shakes you up doesn't it? Plodding along just fine and then whammy...where the heck did that come from? It did me. Looking back at it I can see it was just a thought but it sure felt pretty real at the time. What was it that got you back on track?

Cravings I can see as just thoughts but when I have that nothing matters feeling...that's a tough one for me. That one seems to feel deeper than just a thought in my head. Tricky sob. So I guess I it just shows that thoughts do trigger feelings and vice versa. I did find that laughing helped me pick up the mood. Thank goodness for the cafe. Once I started laughing, I found that even if I thought nothing mattered. It was fun to laugh. And once I started, it lifted like a good bra.

Maybe we need someone to tickle us if we start giving it to much thought? That might work.

Oh well, I just learned to expect the unexpected and ride it out. It only lasted one day for me. I can handle that.

I'm glad you road it out Marcher. Your creative writing would have suffered and I personally can't wait to read your novel. Think of your pretty penmanship!

We need a character for tickling.... Maybe, €€€€?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Shoes, what does it take to earn 1 banana???

I so agree with your observations that thought and feelings can affect each other. For me, if I'm super down in the dumps I can't seem to do much about it but if I catch it when it's just a dip, I can "think" my way out of it. Even the act of smiling makes a difference for me.

Hugs,
Sass
Old 05-11-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Well done Marcher, I know that feeling well enough. Happy Birthday! And your best present of all is the one you have given yourself,... Continued sobriety

:day
Old 05-11-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Marcher!!! 7

I'd tickle you Sass but I know it hurts you to laugh so I won't.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks for the admirable restraint, Shoes :-)

S
Old 05-11-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Marcher for yesterday. Good on you for staying strong. One year older and prob feel bout 10 years younger than you would have if you'd woken up this morning with a hangover.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

HI all,

Weekend check in. All good here. Quiet Friday, just group fiddle practice Sat and about to do a 4K run for Mothers day this morning, hope the old bones hold out. Hope all having a good weekend.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure how I missed it was your birthday Marcher but happy birthday~

Happy Mothers day too to all the mums and moms

D