Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 13

Old 05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Getting there, thanks...

you might get more response starting a thread in Newcomers - or using the chat room if you want real time response?

D
Old 05-08-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks - I think I will do another dog walk to get the blood flowing and get myself out of the house again. Will check out the chat room if the urges return. Thanks Dee and Natty!

Calling to dogs: "Walkies!"
Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Northlander, I hope it's okay that I laughed out loud at you talking to yourself.

Hey, whatever it takes to get to day #71, right? Stay strong (and warm!).
Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Distract yourself with a Sporcle quiz!

Can you name the answers to these 30 general knowledge questions? | Online Games & Trivia by Sporcle
Old 05-08-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

A classic example of situations dictating the mindset Empty house = party! Except it would usually be a party with no guests allowed.

You're doing the right things. Just let any anxiety roll over you and recognize it for what it is - as they say, it's uncomfortable but not terminal?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

We need better timing North. I was you yesterday. I got through it and you will too.

Only an alcoholic understands what no one else does. Party to other people means a gathering of more than one for fun food and conversation. Only we think of being alone and party comes to mind. Jeez.

You must love your partner very much. Whenever I lived with someone and they were out of town I went bonkers being able to do all the things that drove them nuts. Burning incense, playing Abba really loud, eating a pint of ice cream for dinner, wear their favorite sweatshirt, and my all time favorite...squeezing the tooth paste however I wanted and not put the cap back on.

Think of it as a reverse vacation or do the nice thing....spend it thinking up things they would love to come back to. Bake some cupcakes and spell out their name on each one.

Anything but drink or smoke. It ain't worth it and it will suck tomorrow.
Go pester Natty in the cafe. He will keep you on your toes.

xoxo North
Old 05-08-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Just a quick post - I had 2- hour surgery this morning starting at 8 am and was home by noon. All went well though am in pain and tired but that too shall pass. Many, many thanks for for all of the great vibes from my fellow Marchers!

Lots of love and hugs,
Sass
Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Just a quick post - I had 2- hour surgery this morning starting at 8 am and was home by noon. All went well though am in pain and tired but that too shall pass. Many, many thanks for for all of the great vibes from my fellow Marchers!

Lots of love and hugs,
Sass
Nap, nap, and curl up with you kitty and nap some more. I'm relieved you are home. Take good care of yourself Sass!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sassy so good to see you, I'm glad it went well.

North my main North man, hang tight. Day 71 is around the corner, how about a hot chocolate when you get back from walking the dogs? You could make some for yourself too.

Originally Posted by Northlander View Post
Thanks Northlander. BTW, you are totally hot! If I wasn't spoken for, I would be chasing you all over town!
Of course you're hot, you'd have to be to live where you do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hotchoc.jpg (6.5 KB, 49 views)
Old 05-08-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks MeSo, Marcher, Natty, Shoes, and Dee - did the dog walk and have been watching Big Bang Theory reruns (although since I have never seen the show before, they are all new to me). I'm good to go - curling up with the dogs in bed, work tomorrow, still sober and smoke-free.

SASSY - Great to hear from you - rest well friend.

Goodnight all and thanks for the support!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

North, I too had a giggle at you writing to yourself! It is so the type of thing I would do! I'm glad you rode the urges and huge congratulations on the 100/70!! I gave up the dreaded weed about 20 years a ago and still occasionally crave or dream. It was hard at the time because everyone smoked everywhere then. I guess I had to get used pdq to not drinking when I had the house to myself, as it has always been my party time, and hubby works away mon thru fri every week. Now I don't even think about it. The more we develop sober memories to over ride the drinking ones, the easier it gets.

Marcher, it has reverted to winter here, cold winds and rain. Actually that is all our seasons pretty much!

Mesoso I'm away to check that link after this. I am such a know all I have to do all these quizzes! Very sad old bat!
Sass, so glad to hear all went well, and obviously the lesser of the dreaded ops so sounds like the results were good. Hope your recovery goes well, remember, housework can always wait another day! ( or better still, get someone in! My daughter last night said we could do with a mrs Doubtfire to look after us! I had come in bedraggled from my cold wet run, to find the meal I had put in the oven for us had barely thawed let alone cooked!)

Dee glad to here you are getting there, albeit slowly. Am I allowed to ask what was wrong?
Shoes, any more happening on the job front? Keep chatting to Buddha, I'm sure he is looking into it!

BP if you're checking in, good luck for this morning, not that you will need it I am positive!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a sinus infection Toots...a pretty serious one, but everything should be ok now...

after that I decided I better work a little less and take care of myself more

D
Old 05-09-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Just a sinus infection Toots...a pretty serious one, but everything should be ok now...

after that I decided I better work a little less and take care of myself more

D
"just", Dee? It sounds like it was a bad one. Please take care of yourself!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

That makes sense Dee. Take it easy x

You too Sass xx
Old 05-09-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sass, so good to see you back and doing well! Take it easy and get all better soon

North, sorry you were having a rough night. Great job getting through it though. I know what you mean about an empty house being a trigger....

Toots, thanks for your positive vibes - just got back from the scan and it was all fine! We could see the teeny tiny baby and its little heart beating away.

I hate those alcohol dreams - I still get them, and it's such a relief to wake up. Glad you are feeling better, LP.

Glad you're feeling better too, Dee!

Hope all you Marchers have a lovely day
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Marcher, it has reverted to winter here, cold winds and rain. Actually that is all our seasons pretty much!
Sorry about that Toots, the future must have stolen from you, we had 24C today which I must admit is pretty unusual for this stage of autumn.

Dee are you aware of Neti Pots re sinus infections? I won't go into details here as some people may be eating but I swear by mine.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I know about those now Marcher

D
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Neti Pots Marcher, is that a strange Ozzie thing I haven't came across yet, mmmm, now you've got me thinking.

Sass, fab news about the op, so good they managed to do it all key hole and you could get back home to creature comforts pronto.

BP, great news about the first scan. I've never been pregnant but imagine it must be an amazing feeling to see that little heart beat for the first time.

North, congrats on riding on through sober, hope you feel much better on waking today.

Alls good in plant land. Just back from a fiddle lesson and now off to make a hotchoc before bed, your picture Marcher got the tastebuds in a frenzy.

Love and hugs to all. xx
Old 05-09-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Northlander - Sorry I wasn't around and able to post last night. Glad you got through it. I love Big Bang Theory!

Sassy - Glad to hear your home safe and sound. Sleep well today and lots of relaxing for you.

Dee - Ugh. I hate sinus infections. My claritin hasn't been quite keeping up. I need to break out the nose washer. Do you have one? Like a neti pot or something. They really do seem to help. Ha ha ha. Marcher and lifetplant said the same thing. Glad you know about them. I use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse, it's just a water bottle looking thing. The whole tipping my head around thing to do the pot I can't imagine would be helpful if my head was throbbing with sinus pressure!

BP - Hope your scan went well and you got to see your little bean.

Toots - My back thing is kinda serious. 75% (at least according to the chiropractor) of my L5-S1 disc has degenerated (read disappeared never to return). I've been having pretty severe lower back pain that only really bothers me while sleeping and sneezing. Sneezing, I could live without, but sleeping is kinda important. I haven't had a good night's sleep since December. I think it's part of what's making me so crazy at times! I had to stop running and lifting as the chiropractor seemed to think that was exaccerbating it, but I start PT today so hopefully they'll find me my next new favorite sport. As I had said, I wasn't loving running anyway, just trying hard to love it.

Enjoy the day everyone! It's kinda rainy here. Hopefully that means the pollen count will go down!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good Morning Marchers!
I have to admit I didn't come back onto SR yesterday, was busy with children and then headache.
Sassy, I am so glad you got home quickly with minimal surgery! I hope you'll recover quickly as well.
North, I fully enjoyed catching up with your conversation from yesterday. I talk to myself all the time, a running commentary.
Shoes, I think it was cough syrup because it had codeine in it, but yes I know, yuck!
Coffee, I hope the sponsorship works out this time!
Marcher, well, you're asleep right now I guess? Happy dreams!
Toots, You are a jewel, truly. Thank you for the props each day, I need to hear it!
Dee, I know about neti pots, but have never been able to try one. Its a strange thing to do to oneself.
Life, glad you woke up sober!

I think I may have to keep a stack of index cards next to my computer for reference, as this is a big group! I hope I have not left anyone out this morning. Happy Thursday/Friday to you all!