Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 13

Old 05-08-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Shoes, congrats on Shotgun, again! How did you manage to get there before Marcher?!
Old 05-08-2013, 02:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good luck today Sassy! Thinking of you all morning!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
Shoes, congrats on Shotgun, again! How did you manage to get there before Marcher?!
She waited it out while I drove to work. Got to give it to her, she was shotgun fair and square. I wonder if the other SRers mow Dee down in the rush to ride shotgun!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Nope, none of the rest let their inner child enjoy their sobriety the way we do!
LP how ru feeli g now? X
Old 05-08-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Shotgun is actually popular on every thread - go figure

D
Old 05-08-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Shotgun is actually popular on every thread - go figure

D
Dee, we all have very very sad lives!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Marcher

Sassy,
Using my telepathy now for your surgery to go perfectly!

Good Morning, class!
Toots, thanks for the recap!

I do believe shoes gave us a heads up on the shotgun, so she certainly deserves it.
I had a dream that really disturbed me. I dreamed that I drank a bottle of cough medicine. What is that about? I was immediately upset about it after I drank it (in my dream). When I woke up, I was so relieved. That's all I can remember about it now, but it really upset me at the time. What is my subconscience telling me?
Anyway, since then, my day has gone well. Its sunny and warm here, finally. I hope everyone has a splendid day!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Feeling good thanks Toots. Only a few days back on the wagon but with absolutely no thoughts of wanting to go out and buy any alcohol. Still tired and having crazy dreams, a bit like the first week of the last time I stopped. Crazy dreams I can handle, it's the reality of waking up after yet another drunken night that I can't.

Loving being a Marcher, count me in for the long haul. xx
Old 05-08-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Toots, your new thread recaps are enough to keep me on here the rest of my life. You need to compile in an e-book for us.

I'm thinking about Sass now and I'm hoping she is already home taking a nice nap.

BP, I hope your test gives you the peace you deserve. It certainly sounds like it will. I don't have kids so I'm not familiar with how this all works. Since your body has done it before with your little girl I have faith it will do it again!

Where's Phebe???

Joy, cough syrup?? That's bizarre. That stuff taste like cr*p even when you are sick. At least it wasn't finger nail polish remover. Wait a minute, if we are honest, that is what real alcohol tastes like if you remove all the sugary mix stuff they put in it so you can gag it down. I may use this to my advantage. If I ever want a drink that bad I'll just tell myself go over to the gas station and put the ethanol pump in my mouth...or lighter fluid...same thing...it will kill me.

Good to hear you are here for the long haul Life. Hi Marcher and Duff. I had a high chance of being shotgun cuz yesterday was a tough one so I was lurking a lot. Not because I wanted shotgun so bad but it was just one of those bad days. Feeling better today though.

High 5 to everyone!!

xoxo
Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Toots - Thanks for the summary. For those of us knew to this group, it helps to see where the groups been in the last 2 months, and I'm sure it's a trip down memory lane for those that were here. I'm feeling better in the last hour or so finally. Went to another meeting today and heard what I needed to hear.

Shoes - Congrats on the shotgun. Now that I get it, watch our for Part 14! High 5 to you!

Sassy - Hope you're peacefully in recovery now without complications or better yet home tucked into your own bed already. Hugs to you!

Joygirl - Interesting on the dream. I had a really bad dream last night that was awful and pretty graphic that I won't go into here. I have no doubts about where it came from given the state I was in where it went to bed. Are you worried about using again?

lifetplant - congrats on another sober hangover free morning!

So I reached out, and hopefully found a more permanent sponsor. She and me and my temporary sponsor are going out for coffee on Friday. Got some bad news on my back which was not what I felt I needed on an already bumming morning. But I'm trying to look at it like I'm getting a big crop of bad out of the way all at once. Then I got a good (a new sponsor) to help me balance it out. She mentioned at the meeting today that she was looking to take someone through the steps the Big Book way. Thought it would help her to take someone through. She's got 20 years of sobriety. So, I don't feel like as much of a taker now, and that's good for me. I don't know much about her yet, but my temporary sponsor knows me a little and her a lot, and seems very excited that I chose to ask the new sponsor for her number. So even though I have faith issues with a HP, I have been asking whatever's out there for help, and now I have some, so yay. Maybe I don't have to understand it to have it work.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wow! If even half our good will vibes reached Saskia, she would have tap danced her way out of that operating room! This is what I love so,much about our thread!
Shoes, out of a crap day comes good! You got shotgun, you realised that you still need to focus on your sobriety, and you found a few unexpected smiles in a day you never expected to. Even on dark days, there are good things.

Joygirl I wouldn't worry over much about the content of dreams, sometimes it is purely an over active imagination. Or too much cheese at supper. Some of my dreams are real corkers,I can spend all night being hunted, saving people, getting violent, if I go looking for meaning in that lot, I will finally have to admit I have very deep rooted psychological problems!

LP, good to see you back on the upswing. What are your sobriety plans??

Coffee, I'm glad to see you are looking at the positives in the current situations. I hope the news on your back is not a life afflicting issue?
Sounds like we are all having dream issues! And yes, sometimes it's very easy to see where they come from! I hope that things work out with your new sponsor, and please don't feel that your current sponsor is easing away because of you, she may just not want the responsibility, or feeling out of her depth. If she has any honesty, she ought to say, but not everyone can do that.i realise it can shake you a little, so lets hope the new lady gels. I know from being on here, that supporting and helping others, firms my belief in what I am doing and why I am doing it. Like you I do not believe in the god feller ( sorry old man that's just how it is) like Shoes, I respect everyone's right to a religion and respect their faith. Personally I feel there is an energy source that we can draw strength from and use for positive or negative reasons. I also believe strongly in karma, when you have been around as long as I have, you see frequently, what goes around comes around, which Is why I always try to treat others as I would wish to be treated. I guess that is my philosophy on life. So keep drawing on that positive energy, and thinking positive thoughts! Xx
Old 05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good morning people! It's a gorgeous yellow and blue day here in the future and a really hot 18C. It's so hot I thought I might spend the day doing this: Of course it does mean taking off three layers of clothing but them's the breaks.

I got a good and useful scare reading about a longer term member's relapse on another thread. I was getting a bit blase that AV was pretty well shut up and his experience reminded me to be on the alert.

Hope you have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Think I'm alone on the thread so may check out the chatroom or other treads. My partner is away tonight which means I'm in Trigger Town: home alone overnight - which in the past has meant a binge. I am re-reading the letter I wrote myself when I had one of the worst hangovers of my life to stay focussed and ride out the urges. Hope all is well with the Sober Marchers! Walking dogs a lot to release the endorphins....
Old 05-08-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Something to cheer me up - tomorrow is 100 days smoke free and I'm approaching 70 days sober.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Wow! That's great Northlander - and props for riding out the urge by talking to yourself in the Marcher thread.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks Northlander. BTW, you are totally hot! If I wasn't spoken for, I would be chasing you all over town!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is there something wrong Northlander?

D
Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by Northlander View Post
Something to cheer me up - tomorrow is 100 days smoke free and I'm approaching 70 days sober.
Hey mate I don't stray across here much - better to keep the NT inanity down the road - but hearty congrats on the 70 and even more so on the 100. Doesn't get the credit it deserves sometimes kicking the dreaded nico monster.

Reading that letter is a great idea - we all too easily forget just what a nightmare it was.

Stay strong, man.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Dee - just talking myself down from an urge. Bantering with myself. How are you?
Old 05-08-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks, Natty. Tonight is a real test for me having the house to myself.... But just drinking fizzy water and eating a lot.