Notices

24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet Part 3 Hang With The Winners Club!

Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Congrats to you Peppermint and Pastipast hang in there. I'm in for another 24 hours,
no drinky no stinky. Love all of you in 24 hr. SR
Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

1:20pm - NJ - Gearing up for a nice Mother's Day weekend with my bride. Sign me up for 24 more 😍
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pastispast View Post
One more day for me here is stockport england - I am struggling tho - I guess i have no one to talk to
You can talk to me if you like, also in north of England. Pm me if you like
Old 05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

3;00 in the Keys, lets do 24 more!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hello 24 hour Club!
It's Friday again! Woohooo!. I got off work early Woohooo!

Just a reminder, If this thread closes Please look for 24 Hour Club Part 4, In Newcomer Daily Threads.

Welcome to our Newest Members- Michael66 - Torso

NOISE!

You ever notice how we keep busy, busy, and we have the radio on, or the TV on, or we are working, or cleaning, or talking on the phone.

I don't know about you but I know now that the reason I keep so busy, busy, busy is cuz I don't want to hear that small voice inside that is trying to get my attention.

The noise and busyness can help me stay numb to emotions that I don’t want to feel.

Just like the alcohol and drugs it can keep me from dealing with problems,it distracts me from having to think, and makes it easier for me to forget reality.

Drowning out the thoughts and emotions I find uncomfortable or overwhelming just complicates my life more, the problems just linger, and they tend to pile up.

Do you want to know what that small voice is inside of you is saying? Listen to it. Turn off the TV and all noise and listen. Sit with your eyes closed in a room alone and listen. It is the voice that is calling you to do something that is difficult.

When I tune out the noise and just sit in silence that is when I am gonna hear my consciense or God if you will.

That is the space I will find out what I am hiding and what I am hiding from.

It is only then that my self examination can begin and I can begin to stare down frightening issues. It is when I will see the truth.

It is scary at first especially if you are still drinking/using or have just recently stopped.

Silence is very scary because it is a time when you are faced squarely with you and the truth.

When you go within without being distracted by noise to shield you from yourself, you will be guided, your truth will come through.

It takes faith and real courage to face our true innermost self. But until we face ourselves head on we will be living in denial of who we really are. It can be painful, very painful.

Embracing silence and looking deep within no matter how painful allows me to work through my thoughts and my emotions and to seek real solutions.

So turn off the noise!

*Song for the Day!
the sound of silence lyrics - YouTube

Prayers for Everyone to be clean, sober and happy and peaceful this lovely Friday and for raku, raja12, Newhouse2012 all for strength through difficult situations.

If you slipped, put it behind you and just start over. Please recommit.

Here's to another 24 hours!! Woohooooo!!!

Thank You Michael for that lovely reading on Silence. Loved it!

JBird would love to send you a message. Please pm me if you are able.

PeppermintPatty, InNeedOfGrace, ForMeForThem, Pedro , Pastipast thanks for showing us you can get through a tough time without a drink or drug.

EternalQ proud of you on 15 months!

All of you!!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ners-club.html

D