Old 04-24-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Front Passenger seat!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ummm, either rock's lap or back seat!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sorry, wrote that before having a chance to think, never been that close to shotgun before! :-)

hope everyone is having a good day! had a good laugh at myself today, I was a little more vocal today in our twice a month staff meeting. it seemed at every turn i had something to gripe about. everyone else got their office supplies but me, i was silly enough to start the process and the boss forgot to put my order in. the money is now spent and we are having a weird budget crisis so there's a good chance there won't be another order for a looooonnnnngggg time. i have to re-do another supply order because, again, i stupidly "secured" the order last fall, when we were asked to. oh, and the fantastic one is how to deal with the miscellaneous cleaning chemicals i found in my building that are like 25+ years old. we are supposed to have a chemical storage site that i was told if i ever find chemicals in my building, tell them and they'll take 'em. well i told them, and i was told to take them to the county's e-waste place for homeowners. i would have to do it in my personal vehicle and use my personal address. for chemicals i found in my work building on work time, that my work won't deal with. i told her heck no, i even used the words "that's just shady!" oops. well, oops-ish. i still feel that way. maybe i could have said it better, but i was just feeling a little pooped on. my boss is lovable in her own way, but is well known for creating more work for work's sake. i'm accustomed to having to go back and redo stuff for her sometimes, but three times in one day just got to me. my evaluation is in a week, the just begun form is probably on her desk top as i rant. oh well. hopefully the whole year's worth of typically high amount of patience with the adults, children and other animals i work with will overshadow a staff meeting of crankylicious wehav.

i'm giggling at myself writing this because part of my crankiness is due to having the energy to work up to cranky. no hangover. full brain potential (such as it is), and good memory capable of tracking all of the components of my crankiness. add to that the fact that i was out of milk so didn't have coffee. and decided instead to try one of those 5 hour energy thingies.

phew, that feels better. thanks for the vent. thanks for encouraging the vent rather than let HungryAngryLonelyTired sneak up and give a reason to drink.

take care mayans, wehav
Old 04-24-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ONE YEAR MILESTONE, BLOSS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 6+ MONTHS MILESTONE, KITTYCAT!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 2 MONTHS MILESTONE, WEHAV!!!

Woo hoo! So many incredible and inspirational sober celebrations! Mammoth and a few buddies got together to arrange the Pachyderm Diving Olympics in your honor. Many proud hugs of love to you all.

pachyderm-olympics-diving.jpg
Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

brilliant FP - well done

D
Old 04-24-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Shotgun
Again with the shotgun snatch maneuver, Sas? Again???!!!! O....M....G!!! Mammoth was so freakin' peeved that I grabbed the first luckless pedestrian in my path. The takeaway here? Guess I gotta quit my job to be at the ready for the next chance at a front seat. Dang it all to heck, I tell ya.

elephant-holding-man.jpg
Old 04-24-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Reading the posts over the last few days....really impressed with this group. You know how they say to do something every day that scares you? We are all doing things that scare us...from not drinking / using, to seeing doctors, trying new therapies, going to meetings where we know nobody, taking the road less traveled when the traveled road has an easy path we could have chosen.....everyone here is doing things that are scary. Scary means we are growing. Kudos to each and every one of you. You are doing it!!!! *****oooooooooo!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

FP, wow, now I know the two things it takes to get a mammoth pic!

1. Have an anniversary
Or
2. Really annoy Mammoth, tee hee

It wasn't a rush to post shotgun ... There was a long empty stretch and so I looked around and decided, what the heck! If Mammoth is out playing footsie with MP, then I can ride shotgun

My shotgun post was at 3:36, next post wasn't until 5:54! What's up with you all?!

Congratulations on your 6 months plus, Kittycat!!!

Congratulations on 2 months, WeHav!!!

It seems like just a couple of weeks ago that you were still struggling, Kitty and now look at you. I am so proud of you!

And WeHav, it seems like yesterday that you came back to us and already you are at 2 months. Kudos to you.

And I already wished Bloss her happy year 1 anniversary earlier but am happy to add that I am tickled to see one of our own Mayans make 1 year. That is awesomely inspiring!

This week is particularly busy for me since we are holding review sessions for our students to prepare them for their exam.

A good night to all!

Hugs,
Sassy
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. On 6.5 months here and chugging along!!

So many congrats in order since I have really posted. Congrats to Bloss, Kittycat, WeHav, and FP for all of the amazing things you guys have done.

Things are going very well here. I am very connected to my wife and kids right now and my life is changing more and more the longer I go without drinking. It just seems to be getting better. Much love to everyone and if anyone is struggling, just hang in there....it gets SOOOO much better!
Have a great one everyone!
Lee
Old 04-24-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lovely to hear from you Lee, so pleased things are going so well for you (pop into the March thread if you can INH has 3 months!)xxx

FP-that pic made me laugh so much!xxx

Wehav-great rant! Don't forget the milk next time!xxx

Kitty-I totally agree, doing scary stuff is the way we learn how to face reality and ultimately grow from it. Xxx

Wow, this thread is awesome, thankyou all

Have a good day xxx
Old 04-25-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Jeni - Congratulations on eleven months of sobriety7 It is a joy to see how much happier you are and it gives me great hope. I hope you find a way to celebrate this wonderful milestone.

It's a beautiful spring day here. I may spend some time in the garden today. Step work and my service work tonight are also on the agenda.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jeni congrats on 11 months of sobriety! So proud of you and so happy for you!!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jeni: Congratulations on your 11 amazing months!

:day1

Have a wonderful day everyone
Bloss
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Jeni, CONGRATS on 11 months! Wow what a journey. You are amazing.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ta very much my lovely friends xxx

You have helped me every step of the way. I wouldn't be here and posting without your love and support xxx. I truly am a different person now. Everything is different. I still get anxious and scared sometimes but my life is just taking off. I feel a sense of calm and peace for the majority of the time. I laugh. A lot! Even over things I would normally get in a right old state about. Today, one of the teachers came to me really anxious because a parent had phoned to complain that her daughter had learned to say F*** off! Our kids really struggle with communication, and I secretly was quite proud of her! Anyway, after having a little giggle to myself, I offered to phone the parent myself. I would have spent a few hours avoiding this usually, fretted about the conversation, run through all the possible scenarios in my mind etc etc, but today I just phoned, had a chat, and both her Mum and I ended up laughing together about it. 2 years ago, her daughter couldn't talk at all, last night she told her Mum she hated 'f***ing sausages at dinner time! Now that's progress!!

You are all such wonderful people. I feel truly privileged to have found you. Thankyou all

Xxx
Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Jeni, many congratulations on 11 months of sobriety plus incredible personal growth!!!

I am so proud of you. It's amazing how far you have traveled. One of these days you may find it illuminating to read some of your early posts and compare them to current ones!

Lots of love and (((hugs)))!
Sassy
Old 04-25-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 11 MONTHS MILESTONE, TEACHER JENI!!!

Mammoth has a special "Where's Waldo?" picture hunt for you in celebration of your beautiful sober accomplishment! Can you find the two elephants? (Hints: one is red and white, and the other is black and yellow.) Huge hugs of love to you, my cherished transatlantic sister.

where's-waldo-2-elephants-hiding.jpg
Old 04-25-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Jeni

D