Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 11

Old 04-23-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hello ? Dee ?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we're blowing stuff way out of proportion.

I made what I thought was a reasonable request that we remember balance here.

I still think thats a reasonable request?

*I* was a little offended when I read through this thread today - mostly because this is exactly the kind of stuff I asked you guys to rein in before.

It's fun. It's games. But it can run rampant too.

Someone, a member here, posted it upset them.
Surely thats enough, or do we need a quorum now?

Maybe others were offended too - maybe they felt left out.
I have no idea.

I've already said I want us to move on here on the thread.
If you want to continue a discussion with me please do it by PM.

D
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Thank you, dee, for your comments...i feel sorry if i have upset anyone's ego ?
Mine's up for the next election ! See the sense of humour !
C
Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by raku View Post
This is a waste of internet space! I don't give one **** if you are a lesbian or a horserider !
I was thinking this was a helping website for those in need of support...not an F***** place to sit around and chat about nonsense ...Yiddish, shoes, lap dancing ?!
Oh I see I missed all the fun, then. You turn your back for a while and it all goes off.

For the record, I have no problem with lesbians, horseriders, Yiddish speakers, shoes, lapdancing, dogs, cats, turtles or any other of the myriad topics that are touched upon in here.

I do however have a major problem with substance abuse and these people help me enormously on a daily basis.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Thank you, dee, for your comments...i feel sorry if i have upset anyone's ego ?
Mine's up for the next election ! See the sense of humour !
C
I wasn't aware we were allowed a sense of humour given your previous outburst?
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Laughter is a big part of my recovery.

I take what I need and leave the rest.

If I need help, I ask for it. Everyone seems more than happy to stop the banter and offer their support.

Big love to Dee for all you do for all of us!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

I am allowed alot of precious things in my life...I hold them dearly to me. Right now, it's just not about silly meaningless confrontations on-line. Believe me, this silly thing is not an "outburst" on my part, merely a feeling and expression of my reflection of your words...how else to evaluate than on impression ?

C
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I am allowed alot of precious things in my life...I hold them dearly to me. Right now, it's just not about silly meaningless confrontations on-line. Believe me, this silly thing is not an "outburst" on my part, merely a feeling and expression of my reflection of your words...how else to evaluate than on impression ?

C
No you took a "first impression" and over-reacted. If you want an "impression" I suggest you go back some distance and read the volume of thoughts, words, encouragement and support we give each other rather than jumping in feet first and blithely insulting a whole host of posters here, many of whom are in their beds and have no ability to reply.

Discussions can be robust - we don't always agree. We also laugh a lot and don't take things or each other too seriously. Except - as Northlander points out - when it gets difficult for one of us. Then we stop and rally round.

I make no apologies for the way we are. And it works for us as there is good sobriety on here.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Nattythreads...sorry that my keyboard was stuck on caps...I'd just like to thank you for "writing"...I hate writing "posts"...I just don't get the helpfulness too much...I like "deeker" as we write some private messages back and forth about my personal entanglement with bipolar, semi severe, and alcohol issues, semi-severe ! This ******** with panache is a waste of my and, hopefully she realizes, her time...I just don't have that kind of time right now to joke around things that I never found funny ! It's hard ! I lost my sense of humour about a year and one half ago...sure I could joke about lap dancing...but I'm 60 !.....been there done it, whatever !

You have formed your own group about what life is all about...doesn't relate to my recovery AT ALL !

Cindy
Old 04-23-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Nattythreads...sorry that my keyboard is stuck on caps...i'd just like to thank you for "writing"...i hate writing "posts"...i just don't get the helpfulness too much...i like "deeker" as we write some private messages back and forth about my personal entanglement with bipolar, semi severe, and alcohol issues, semi-severe ! This ******** with panache is a waste of my and, hopefully she realizes, her time...i just don't have that kind of time right now to joke around things that i never find funny ! It's hard !

There are a myriad of different threads covering a plethora of interests on this forum. Not everywhere you go is going to deliver exactly what you want at a given point of time. If that is the case, just move on.

As I said, the dynamics work on this thread for the contributors, as witnessed by the sheer volume of activity on it. We speak our minds and blanket insults are unlikely to go unchallenged.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Well I'm awake now.

No one and I mean no human being is ever a waste of my time. That includes every single person on this forum, in my house, or on this planet. Whether I understand them, relate with them, don't relate with them, agree or disagree. No one ever has been or will be a waste of time in my heart.

Alcohol wasted my time, anger, self loathing, pity, ungratefulness wasted my time. People who aren't perfect just like me will never waste my time.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

We need to be welcoming people, not moving them on.

Clearly we all need a time out.
This thread is closed for administrator review.

Please feel free to use other threads for your support for the time being.

D