Class of February 2013 - part 6

Old 05-10-2013, 03:06 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations to both your Melissas on your progress

D
Old 05-10-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

yes, hi to Kitty if you reading this. You were with me in my first days here, and a great support, hope you doing okay and hope to hear from you soon.

Hi all, still sober! yay, and reading your posts, glad to hear all doing well. Mel and Odelle, such cute doggies. I too would love a doggie, but unfortunately live in an apartment and would hate to leave it in all day. Thats why I'm working on making my life fit around a doggie. I begin a course soon, that will allow me work from home more and only have to attend office few hours a day.

I signed up for volunteer at Dogs Home and got call today to go in for training this coming Monday. Now that I'm sober, I'm making things happen. Making the life I want.

My dads second year anniversary is on Monday 13th, and I was dreading it. Then I got the call to go in to doggie home for volunteer training. Heaven sent! I can't imagine doing anything better on that sad day for me. Surrounded by doggies. Lots of hugs coming their way

Best wishes for the weekend to all you sober/animal loving peeps x
Old 05-10-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Good for you Tammy! I am planning to get back to dog walking at the SPCA next week.

For you dog lovers, here is a painting I did of one of my dogs (an old soul who used to stare endlessly into the fire).

Old 05-10-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi all, great painting Pamel! Im also a big dog lover, grew up with border collies most of my life. Good for you Tammy, hoping the longer I stay sober the more I actually do the things I want to do in life instead of just dreaming and talking about it.

Had a good day today picked my eldest up from school and then the youngest from my ex and they've given me the boost they always do- better than any drug or alcohol! Been in regular contact with a guy whos on the same sobriety time as me from aa meeting so we're kind of supporting each other which is good.

Good to be back on the right track.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

nice painting Pamel

have a great weekend guys

D
Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hey Melissa, have fun in my hometown! :-) there is all kinds of sober trouble you can get into there. ever try surfing? surf diva in la jolla gives great lessons and they are really cool.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Happy Saturday!!! Sitting in the sun, talking to you guys...how nice.

I had a very bad day yesterday.

My favourite client sacked me, called the agency and said some really awful things!
I got an electric shock form a double adapter that fell apart, and then, like you Tammy, this is a sad time for me, and I made it worse.

I decided to go for a wander in the shopping strip where I took my mum every day for all of the years I looked after her. It's been 9 months (almost) since she died, and last Sunday was her birthday, and this Sunday is mother's day.
So there I am wandering around Bentleigh shopping centre yesterday afternoon, and I started crying. Not sobs, just endless tears running down my face. I couldn't stop.
I spoke to a few old friends in shops who loved my mum, and they were very kind to me. But like you Tammy, it's hard... Hugs.

So now I have a big financial hole and I'm hurt re my client, but I'm determined to see it as an opportunity. I need to move on from this job, do something where I get to use my brain again. I'm not as afraid that I'm too old now; I had convinced myself of this while I was drinking.

Welcome Liss74!!!! So glad you joined us!!!!

Mel ~ I'm going to imagine you on that beach this weekend, sober and having an amazing time...waking up fresh and ready for a fantastic day.... ♥

You sound really strong 1stepup, glad it's grounding for you to be with your kids, and yes, those cuddles are awesome!
Sorry about my nonsensical post yesterday; I was really tired!

Pamel ~ Wow!!! You are very talented....please, can we see more of your work?
Hope you are feeling a bit better, hope you will feel strong enough to go to your early Sunday meeting this week. Tons of love to you!!!
And to you too fitness

And love to everyone else as well.

Venus xx
Old 05-10-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry yesterday was a bugger Venus - I hope today is better

D
Old 05-10-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

wow venus, what a day. sending good thoughts your way. but you stayed sober, wow!

pamel, 1step, fitness, way to get back on track you guys. hope you have a fun sober weekend.

all these pet lovers, I knew this was a good crowd. I don't know how to upload pics, but you can imagine my dog if you picture what happens when a Siberian huskie and yellow lab meet. we call him our "huskador." he's a sweet boy who likes to run, chase squirrels and we are training and re-training him to stop digging up the yard (apparently a huskie trait. :-)
Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

wehav, to post pics, use the "Go Advanced" tab rather than the "Post Quick Reply".

On the top line, to the right of the smiley, is a little paperclip.
The instructions Dee has in there for posting pics are really good....
we want to see this huskador!!!!

V xx
Old 05-10-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

This is my beautiful dog Andy....think you guys will remember he died in March. He was magnificent

Photo0009.jpg

Sorry, it's a little blurry....

V xx
Old 05-10-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congratulations to both your Melissas on your progress

D
Thanxxxxxxxx 90 days on Mother's Day very special
Old 05-10-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hey all,

Happy Saturday!!! Sitting in the sun, talking to you guys...how nice.

I had a very bad day yesterday.

My favourite client sacked me, called the agency and said some really awful things!
I got an electric shock form a double adapter that fell apart, and then, like you Tammy, this is a sad time for me, and I made it worse.

I decided to go for a wander in the shopping strip where I took my mum every day for all of the years I looked after her. It's been 9 months (almost) since she died, and last Sunday was her birthday, and this Sunday is mother's day.
So there I am wandering around Bentleigh shopping centre yesterday afternoon, and I started crying. Not sobs, just endless tears running down my face. I couldn't stop.
I spoke to a few old friends in shops who loved my mum, and they were very kind to me. But like you Tammy, it's hard... Hugs.

So now I have a big financial hole and I'm hurt re my client, but I'm determined to see it as an opportunity. I need to move on from this job, do something where I get to use my brain again. I'm not as afraid that I'm too old now; I had convinced myself of this while I was drinking.

Welcome Liss74!!!! So glad you joined us!!!!

Mel ~ I'm going to imagine you on that beach this weekend, sober and having an amazing time...waking up fresh and ready for a fantastic day.... ♥

You sound really strong 1stepup, glad it's grounding for you to be with your kids, and yes, those cuddles are awesome!
Sorry about my nonsensical post yesterday; I was really tired!

Pamel ~ Wow!!! You are very talented....please, can we see more of your work?
Hope you are feeling a bit better, hope you will feel strong enough to go to your early Sunday meeting this week. Tons of love to you!!!
And to you too fitness

And love to everyone else as well.

Venus xx
Sorry your day was terrible sounds like you released a lot it's ok to b sad we need to feel and acknowledge our feelings hope today is a lil better and thanks for the welcome x
Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Thanks liss ... and we're glad you joined us

And what an amazing mother's day gift you are giving yourself! 90 days. Will woo hoo u tomorrow! I'm sure your family is very proud of you ♥

V xx
Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html

D