Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 9

Old 04-06-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

you guys aren't serious...it was 22 here the other day and I had my beanie woolly hat on
LOL

D
Old 04-06-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm always cold Dee and 10c is cold to me, my car was iced over this morning, it sunny and dry but it's very cold, I'm all wrapped up but Steve is obviously made of sterner stuff than me.

Good night to you all anyway, 23.05 and we've been watching 'The walking dead' urghh it's a bit too gruesome for me, I'll probably be having nightmares now.

Sleep well, see you tomorrow.

Gxx
Old 04-07-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

12.30 sunday

Hi August class, wherever you are hiding. Happy Sunday.

I've got a few hours alone today, yay, so I don't want to waste them. Once I've finished posting I'm going to do a bit of housework and start cooking a lovely Sunday dinner.
Can't understand why I used to waste the day away swigging wine and sleeping!! Madness.

I'll call in again later

Gxxx

Just for today, I will not worry.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:17 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi All
The temperature is ALL relative 24C here today and I haven't taken my work jacket off. The sun is out and it is a lovely day LOL.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

A lovely Sunday dinner sounds down right lovely Grace N hehe I'm like you as well, I can get nightmares from a scary movie easy. I saw Olympus has Fallen yesterday with the ex, we had a great time but now I'm all paranoid about the rest of the world wanting to nuke us americans

I will admit to you guys I had a close call this weekend. My ex and I came home after the movie and since his mom was watching the baby all night we went to be alone downstairs and he offered me Remy which I hate and I said no and he said you want to go to the store and get wine (my stuff) and it sounded good However, I said I was gonna stay sober tonight and he was like ok and he put his remy away. He's not really a drinker he's had that Remy for a long time lol so thank God he didn't press because I was obviously a little vulnerable. I do see now that the only reason I really felt that wine sounded good was because I know how good our sex is when im uninhibited, sorry if tmi kids, so this is something I'd like to work through so the alcohol doesn't sounds good like it will add anything to my relationships.

Thank goodness I survived though and I can still say Day 57 ending and goodnight!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 123 here for me,ain't long got out of bed as I got a 15 hour shift tonight starting at 17.00....Just took the dog out then I gotta go pay bills...The wife and kids are still away and they ain't back till Thursday,that will have been 2 weeks they have been away and being honest here but I haven't really missed them like I usually do...I have missed my youngest daughter but that's only because she's daddies little girl....I'm feeling a little better but I'm still sort of stuck in a mild depression and like I said a while back I don't know what's causing it....Anyways that's enough of me rambling on....I hope everyone else is well.....Take care.....Steve..
Old 04-08-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Our beautiful 60 degree weather didn't last long and it's back to freezing this morning...oh, well....it can't last forever.
It's really a blessing to wake up without a hangover and all the anxiety that goes with that. I don't ever want to make the mistake of taking sobriety for granted again. I know all-too-well what would eventually happen if I did.
Have a great day ya'll.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi my August classmates

It’s 11.55 and I’m in work, manning the phone line, it’s been busy this morning. Nothing exciting to report, i slept quite well, didn’t want to get up, the weather is dry, but it’s very grey looking and that’s all I have to say for now.

Jodie, that’s so unfair, could you not pretend to me that it’s cold and wet? It’s 9c here which is under 50 F I think.

LLG, I’m so proud of you, you showed such strength, be proud of yourself, you know you can do this. Don’t let anyone or anything get in the way of your recovery.

Hi Steve, I’m so happy you’ve stayed strong, I didn’t doubt that you would. You probably haven’t missed your family as much as usual because you are working so many hours, previous times you were out of work and at home all day long! I bet they’ve missed you.
I do think a lot of this current black cloud mood is to do with the hours you are working etc, I should imagine that you are permanently exhausted. Stay focused, stay sober, the rest will fall into place eventually.

I’ll call back later

Stay strong and sober

Gxx

Just for today I will not be angry.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

17.15 Tue

Hi all

Just a quick one. I'm at home right now. I had my cortisone injection this afternoon for my 'trigger finger'. Ouch, why didn't you warn me how painful it would be? I have a lovely big blue bruise to show, right in the palm of my hand.

I hope you are all well and sober. Get posting I don't like talking to myself.

Lots of love

Gxxx

Just For Today, I Will Be Kind To Every Living Thing.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Wow the class is very very quiet these days, Day 124 for me and my mood seems to be getting better. The wife and kids are back tomorrow so my peace and quiet will be shattered. I'm at work right now and I still have 12 hours to go. This site I'm at is a lot more responsibility as there are lots of alarms to set and unset and the amount of keys I have is unbelievable. There is no way on earth you could do this job if you weren't sober...Any how's I better get back to it...I hope everyone is well...Take care....Steve....
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

rant: I cleaned the entire kitchen yesterdat angrily as my mom has been whacked drunk beyond belief for days not n things have gotten disgusting. I come home today and again the kitchen and fridge are disgusting. I understand this is price I pay to live here for free. The best I can do is keep my son away from her n act like everythings ok. But grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. End rant.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 125 here....Just finished work and I'm back home slurping a nice pint of hot tea....The wife and kids have decided to come back tomorrow now so I get another day of peace...Had a great shift at as I have finally got the hang of locking down and unlocking this site I'm on....Gonna slurp some more tea and then get my harris to bed as I'm knackered....Will check back later...Take care gang....Steve...
Old 04-10-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

13.20 Wed

Good afternoon my lovely little dwindling class of August.

It’s a beautiful, sunny day here, it was icy first thing, had to scrape my car but the sun is shining now, so I think I’ll go for a walk on my lunch and blow the cobwebs away.

Steve and LLG as it’s so quiet here, what do you think about joining the ‘One year and Under’ group, it’s really busy and fun, I’ve been in there for a while and we discuss all kinds as well as the usual? There are some really good people there and we can never have too much support. Just a thought anyway.

Hi Steve, you’re sounding a bit better in yourself, I’m happy to see and another day/night of peace, oh what joy! I wish I could have one! Bet you feel like the local jailor with all those keys, they must weigh a ton.

Ooh LLG, I really feel for you, that can’t be easy to live with, all the more reason for you to stay on track and get your life sorted. Stick close and be good, hugs to baby from me. Xxxx

Back later

Stay safe, clean and sober

Gxx

Just For Today, I Will Be Thankful For All My Wonderful Blessings.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 59 checking in. I'm working out finally and have been eating better. Son is great work is great dad is great ex is great, just a shot of gratitude

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!! Hope you are all doing great today!

I know that everyone here may not embrace AA, but for me, the combination of SR and AA has changed my life.

I gave my first "lead" (speaker) last night at an AA speaker meeting ..... I've been to 191 meetings in 253 days, but this is the first time I got up in front of the crowd to tell my story! There were probably 20-25 people there. Talked for 35 minutes. I was nervous at first, but once I got going, it was not hard at all! Public speaking is NOT something I enjoy (I'd rather go to the dentist!), but I was actually comfortable up there! All I had to do was share my experience, strength, and hope.... what my life was like before, how I quit, and what my life is like now. Someone told me before, "... don't worry, it's your story, you can't screw it up!" They said later that I did great, was a 'natural' up there, did not seem nervous at all, delivered a strong message. Whew!!!! I had so much to talk about, I could've gone on for an hour or two!!!! I was also asked to give a lead at another meeting at the end of the month.... now I know what to expect.

My life is immensely better in sobriety that I just can't hardly believe it! 30-years of hard daily drinking SUCKED; I had really made one heck of a mess of my life. ....But, life now is truly GREAT!! Much improved health, mental state, spirituality/relationship with my Higher Power (God), freedom/release from my former selfish self, new opportunities at work, better relationship with my 3 teenage kids, losing weight, no hangovers, more money in pocket, joy of reaching out to other alcoholics (service work), rekindled love/respect from my wife, I'm just Happy, Joyous and Free!!!!!!

Before I ever went to AA, I lurked around SR for a long time. So you all are my friends, as my sober journey started right here. The combination of SR and AA have worked wonders in my life.

Have a grateful day!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

fantastic to read the success stories here

way to go Johnny

D
Old 04-11-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing your story here Johnny I needed to read that!

Day 60 is here! I'm going to head to one year and under thanks for the tip Grace

Have a good day all
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Last day of work before the holidays Yipee....

6am this morning I was at the beach paddling on a rescueboard in warm water ... trying to balance on my knees .... it looks so easy when the iron men do it ....

glad you are all well ... my exercise is going well ... running further , faster ... but I am going to bed earlier which is when I try and post to you guys

changes at work are a bit stressful .... but I am looking forward to the holidays ... I will keep in touch as i will have more time on my hands.
Cheers
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Dark o clock in the middle of the night.

Hi all, just popping in very quickly, I didn't get chance to post during the day with one thing and another. All is well though and I'll catch up more tomorrow.

Gxx
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

15.00 Fri

Hi all
I'm so tired today, I didn't get many hours sleep last nght.
Just the usual Friday, shopping, children and parents. The weather is good though, the sun has made a break through after raining all day yesterday and throughout last night too.

You're doing well LLG and it was good to see you over in the 'Undies' thread. We can never have too much support.

Johnny, you're an inspiration, I read your post in the 'Undies' thread too. Just proves that you can turn your life round if you really want to.

LLG, lucky you finishing for the holidays, how long are you off for? I'm glad to hear the running's going well and I also look forward to seeing more of your posts. Please check out the '12 months and Unders' too, there a lot of us in there. You too Stairs if your lurking anywhere.

Stay safe and sober

Gxx