Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 9

Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi August peeps,

Steve it seems like you are not taking any time for yourself, can you go to the gym? And cook up a giant meal? I kind of miss hearing about your giant meals and desserts.

Grace I'm glad a whole year has passed since your unfortunate incident and now it's time to forgive yourself and move forward as much as possible! We are only human and not perfect, and I am sorry you are still in pain over it. And I do the same thing beating myself up over things I've done, but we are amongst friends here who share common experiences and we love you and you are going to be alright now.

Jodie wow that sounds terrifying, glad you are alright!!

Hi Babs!

Not much going on here today. A new meeting which was great. I hadn't been going in the evenings as much and it was nice seeing people I haven't seen.

Brit Floyd on Thursday, so tomorrow I'll be cleaning the house for the babysitter lol. I really don't like housework. I'm better than I was when in my cups but still not exactly June Cleaver over here.

Night all!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 52. All is good in the hood n im trucking along just fine Goodnight everyone.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

08.55 Wed

Good morning my August tribe

I’ve not got anything exciting to report this morning. It is a beautiful morning though, frosty yet and cold but it is bright and sunny. It was a bit of a pain driving to work as birds had poo’d on my windscreen, I didn’t notice it until I put the windscreen wipers on and o.m.g it was like driving through a thick, white, smog. I had to stop twice to clean it! Well you know what they say, where there’s muck, there’s luck! I’ll be buying a lotto ticket this week!

Hi Babs and fancy seeing you here!

Morning Steve, don’t even think about going there! Get them thoughts out of your head, you are not losing all this sober time you’ve notched up, keep telling yourself that! You know you have been working far too many hours, you’re tired, grumpy, alone and stressed because you’ve had a couple of altercations. H.A.L.T, hungry, angry, lonely, tired, you’re probably all of them, so do something about it. You can do this Steve, I know you can and you know you can. You’ve come too far now to turn back. Stay strong and stick close.

So I was talking to myself then Dee? Nothing new there then, it’s like home from home, lol. Love your signature post by the way.

O.M.G Jodie, how scary, that would have put me off driving for life! Someone was looking after you, thank goodness no one was hurt, it doesn’t bear thinking about! Good luck with the car hunting.

Thank you for those kind words Stairs, they brought tears to my eyes. You’re right I know, I do tend to beat myself up about all kinds of things, I am actually very hard on myself.
Enjoy Brit Floyd, that should be really good, have you seen them before?
Have a good day and don’t worry too much about the housework, it will still be there tomorrow if it’s anything like mine.

You’re doing good LLG, keep doing what you’re doing and stick close. Love to baby. Xxxx

Okay that’s it for now.

Back later

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticise not one bit, not find fault with anything and not try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you ever find me here at 2.15 am Grace...I'm probably not doing well LOL

D
Old 04-03-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well let's hope I don't then Dee. x
Old 04-03-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Still here,still sober,still at work,still feeling down....Just can't shake it off....I'm sorry I sound so depressed with my posts the last couple of days but I have no one and no where else to vent....I don't really want to rock the boat with the hours I'm working as I was out of work for 5 years so I shouldn't really complain,but yes Grace you are right,I think I am doing a few too many....All I seem to do is sleep and work and when I am awake at home I still gotta fit in having some time with the kids and walking the dog....There really isn't enough hours in the day anymore....Hope I ain't annoying you all with my depressing posts....Take care.....Steve...
Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

11.25 Thursday

Slept well last night and it’s the last day in work for me this week, then the real work begins!
I had a very straight forward journey into work this morning, I was all organised, I had been sat at my desk for about half an hour when my colleagues decided to inform me that I had my top on inside out and I’ve been airing my measurements to everybody!! And my measurements are large assets, believe me!!

Steve
Firstly you are NOT getting on anyone’s nerves by telling us how you are feeling, we all go through bad times and it is far healthier to share here than to bottle it all up, letting it fester and isolating yourself. Plus when you share the bad times, it helps me to realise that I’m not the only one who has them.

It is very hard getting the work/life balance right and it is something that I am struggling with at the moment so I do know where you are coming from. There is more to life than work, work and more work, there has to be some time for you. We work to live, not live to work. We’re not robots.

I appreciate that you don’t want to rock the boat at work, but no one could continually do the hours that you do, are they your fixed hours or are you doing overtime? The thing is the more you do, the more the company will let you do. Even if you cut your hours by 10 per week, it would make a huge difference.

On Friday when you are off, have a Steve day, take Troy out for a long leisurely walk, go the gym, go and do some retail therapy and treat yourself to something you really want. Do something you enjoy doing. Live a little, we’re a long time dead!

Please stay strong, don’t give up now you’ve come so far and we are all routing for you, every step of the way.

Lots of love

Gxxxx

Just for today I will have a programme. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests; hurry and indecision.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 119 here, just getting ready for work, only gotta do 12 hours tonight, lucky me lol...tomorrow is my day off and I'm gonna catch up on sleep and give the dog a good walk, maybe treat myself to take away on the evening...Grace, many thanks for your message, like I said I need as much support and advice as possible at the moment, I got a lot of sh1t going on and I don't know how to deal with it...I hope everyone else is having a better time of it, I'll post again later...Take care...Steve...
Old 04-04-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi all,

Grace you crack me up, lol. I wish I was bustier!

Steve, what Grace said. Takeaway sounds good with a game or a movie maybe.

LLG, glad things are gooood in the hooood.

Tonight we go to Baltimore for Brit Floyd. We are going with 15 others from the program. I am cleaning up for the babysitter and wondering what I want to wear.

I had an eye appt. this morning and picked out new stylin' frames. My eyes are mostly unchanged from 4 yrs ago with a tiny bit of change in the reading vision. Then I got a quick hair trim since I was right there at the mall.

I tried using a semi permanent color yesterday to even things out but it did not even take. Grr! So perhaps I will take a friend's guidance and get it done professionally in a few weeks when things settle down. She recommended a place that does it half price on the first visit. So we'll see. It doesn't look bad but not just the way I want either. I want a nice even light red auburnish color. I am tempted to go blonde but still chicken.

Ok that's it for me. Go placidly amid the noise and haste everyone, and have a great time.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Steve, I got your reply and I'm going to ponder on it for a short while, things always have a way of working out, they do honestly. I'll get back to you later. XXXXX

Stairs, they're a bloomin' nuisance, tee hee.
I bet you'll have a great time tonight, wish I was going too.
I need some new reading glasses, you've just reminded me.
My hair doesn't take colour very well as it's naturally very dark, but I do need to go lighter then it would be easier to keep the grey ones hidden, I'll have to go to a salon, but I hate going with a passion. I can't be doing with all the trivial chit chat about if you've booked your holidays, if you've been on holiday, where you're going on holiday, if your going out tonight etc. I'm a misery guts aren't I? I just wish they would get on with it and I'm not very good at sitting still either, so I suppose I'm a bit of a nuisance really.

Anyway, I'm off again on my perusal of the boards

Back later

Gxxx
Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think Grace is pretty much on the money Steve - you need a bit of balance mate - noone can work all the time - noone.

D
Old 04-05-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

07.55 Friday

Morning all

I think winter has returned with a vengeance, it's freezing, literally, my little gold pocket rocket of a car is all iced up, yuck.
Not in work today and as it is still the Easter holidays I've got the 3 g.children, I will be grey by 7 tonight! I'll take then to a soft play area for a couple of hours and let them run wild while I have a coffee and a read, then I'll take them to see my Mum and Dad for an hour this afternoon. The youngest one, the one who lives with us, is going through a naughty phrase at the minute and he's hard work, he's only very tiny but he's a little rip! I keep telling myself 'patience and a sense of humour' all the time, when really I could put him the shed with bread and water. ( only joking, only joking.)

Anyway, Steve, I hope you have a better day today and make sure you do something for you. Okay.

Jodie, have a good day.

Dee and all you others, have a good day/night and all of you take care.

Stay safe and sober

Gx
Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax. During this half
hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey class..So today was my day off...I got home from work at 08.00 had a cuppa,let the dog out then went to bed...I slept till 15.00,got up and took the dog out for a good hour an half...Got back and went to the supermarket got some groceries and filled the fridge up with cans of coke and chocolate...I then treated myself to a huge take away and watched 16 years of alcohol online,it's the first film I have watched for ages and some parts of the film so remind me of me....Any ways I'm just chilling out now watching TV and messing about online....Gonna go to bed early as it will soon be 05.00 and time for work....Hope everyone is well...Take care....Steve..
Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi August gang

Well it's getting quieter by the day here, such a shame, but I suppose that's the way it goes.

I'm actually sat up in bed posting. We were watching the Rolling Stones in concert tonight on the t.v, going right back to the 70's, excellent stuff, brought back lots of memories of the clothes I used to wear, those were the days!
I had a very busy day with the g.children today, soft play area, took them to McDonalds for lunch, bought them a happy meal each, took them to visit my mum and dad for an hour then I took them to a garden centre, not to look at plants, they have a huge aquarium there and also a parrot that talks, they were mesmerized with it.

Steve, you sound a bit better today, glad you got yourself a takeaway and filled your fridge up with coke and chocolate, rather than that other stuff that makes you feel ill and gives you lots of regrets!!!
I've never heard of that film, I'll have to look out for it.

I'm off to catch up with my other posts so goodnight to you all and I'll see you sometime tomorrow.

Sleep well

Gxx

Just for today I will I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to notice what is beautiful and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 54 and things are well. Except I'm having a lot of trouble with my diet. I need to cut the soda fast food and dessert out, but for the past couple of days thats what I'm living on and it's not good

On a good note I'm picking up speed at work, I'm confidently taking charge of my duties and the others are noticing and are checking in and out with me (as they're supposed) to but with no resistance now
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you LLG
Have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 04-05-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

All is quiet here. A wet miserable weekend. Just relaxing. Not as much exercise happening as I would like. Only one more week and it is holidays.Yipee.

Take Care All

Jodie
Old 04-06-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good afternoon, my August people.

We're on a roll here with the weather, it's another sunny, dry day but still cold at about 10c.
Not a lot happening today, took my parents grocery shopping, done a load of washing, had lunch and I'm going to take the little one to the park shortly while it's nice, he's a bit of a cranky pants today, hope he's not sickening for something.

Good to see you LLG, as always and I'm glad the job is going well, you seem to be enjoying it. I'm sure the diet will sort itself out, it's still early days and the most important thing is, you are sober and clean. Yay!

Hi Jodie, what holidays are these that are coming up? Haven't you only just gone back after one???

Well anyway, I'm off on my perusal of the board,

See you later

Stay safe and sober.

Gxx

Just for today I will I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to notice what is beautiful and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me
Old 04-06-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Cold Grace....10c is like being in Jamaica lol....I'm walking round my site in a short sleeve shirt lol....I'll be back for a better update when I get home from work.....Steve...
Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Okay Steve, I get the picture

Steve at work.Lol xx

Gx