Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 9

Old 07-17-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

6.35 Thur

Good morning all I waved my other half of about an hour ago, he's on his way to Slovakia on a training course for a couple of days. Home alone overnight, apart from a 3 yr old, for the first time since I stopped drinking. I'm not worried, I know I'll be fine.

Hi Jodie, sorry to hear you've got the flu, what a nuisance, keep it to yourself, don't want to be sharing that! Seriously, get better soon.
Sounds like you have a good weekend coming up, all good stuff.

See you later, stay safe and sober

Gxx

Just for Today: I will examine my personal program. I will give some thought to what I find, and seek ways to strengthen my recovery.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Good morning all and congratulations to us all on reaching 11 months, what an achievement.

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for Today: The gift of desperation has helped me become honest, open-minded, and willing. I am grateful for this gift because it has made my recovery possible.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hi August 2012 group!

I am getting close to 8/4/13 which will mark 1 year of not drinking for me. I have never posted before, but followed this group early in my sobriety and it really helped. I just checked back in and recognize many of the names. Congrats to all, and thank you!!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hi Clearmyhead, lovely to see you here and congratulations to you too. Please feel free to check in here anytime, you'll always be welcome. xxxxx

Gxx
Old 07-19-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hey guy's I'm still here and still sober....225 days sober to be exact.....Many many congrats on you lot hitting 11 months...It's a fantastic achievement and I know I'll get there soon.....I hope you are all well....Steve.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Congratulations to us!

I haven't written much lately but life is good. This time last year I was just about totally sick of my own bs and being a slave to my addiction. Now I am busy and though not as productive as I feel I ought to be, since I am my own worst critic, still ten times more productive than last July.

We saw my lifelong idol Paul McCartney last week in DC. It was awesome. Other fun things, family day at an amusement park, and getting back in touch with my family. Even planning a trip to FLA in the fall to visit my cousin who is like a sister.

Glad to share the journey and hope everyone is well!
Love,
stairs
Old 07-19-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to see all you peeps - have a good weekend guys

D
Old 07-19-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Steve, I know you'll get there too, you're not far behind in the grand scale of life.

Lovely, lovely, lovely to hear from you Stairs and you're sounding fab. Paul McCartney, how lucky are you? I used to be soooo in love with him, lol, he was my favourite Beatle. Glad to be with you on the journey. xxxx

Off to bed in a minute so good night al.

Gxx
Old 07-22-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi Everyone

Great to hear from you Stairs and Steve and welcome Clearmyhead.

I had a great time at the conference on the weekend.

Even the Saturday night conference was FUN !!!!!!!!!! Absolutely no issue with not drinking.

I have not laughed so much in a long time.

It made it a little easier that the only person (face to face ) that knows how hard it has been to stop drinking was there with me. I was the designated driver ....

The flu has caught up with me tho Taking the day off tomorrow.

The girls are all excited about the matinee performance of their School Musical tomorrow. I get to see it on Wednesday night. It is a bi-annual event with a "Christmas in July " concept. WE are all soooo excited.

hope you are all well

:day1
Old 07-24-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hello familiar group! I've been away a while as you all know and there have been a few changes and I'm right back here. I got into a huge fight with my mom and she finally said she wanted me out. My son's dad, since we were working on our relationship suggested I move in, which put my commute to my job at 1.5 hours each way. I moved in with him, quit the job, got a new job at a hotel serving food. It was fine foe the first week or 2 but quickly each day became ten times worse then the prior. he had high expectations of me that I wasn't meeting. Every turn I took he had a complaint and would even shout so loud as to scare our baby into crying! I finally had enough and moved out today! I'm with my dad and this is the last safe haven for me and my son. he has been a tremendous grandpa.

I feel a mess though. The relationship is obviously toxic. I'm "out there" drinking 1-3x a week and I know ignoring sobriety and recovering isn't the best thing to do. I saw black spots the other day at work. A coworker who confided to me that he is in recovery said that was a sign of withdrawal. I hadn't drank in 2 days tho! My hands have been a bit more shaky lately too. I'm extremely indecisive and feel scared about going back to recovery.

I've been doing well in school and work, and my son is great n just full of explorative energy.. but I need to do better.

You guys sound great btw
Old 07-24-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

It never gets better out there, only worse.
I hope that coming back here can be a sign of a turning point for you again LLG.

D
Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi All

A tiring weekend here. Hockey ... more hockey ... birthday party ... hair washing ..... laundry .... walk the dog ...yep a hectic Saturday

Getting over the flu.

Enjoyed a boat cruise on Friday night. Fourth sober work function. My collegues are slow learners.

A few more things to do this weekend. FIngers crossed for a quiet Sunday.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hi class mates

I've been away for a few days on an unexpected long week end by the beach, I've had a lovely time, just what I needed. I could just do with a few days off work now to get over it, lol.

I'm okay, I'm sober and I'm taking each day as it comes. My Dad is deteriorating rapidly, he's very confused and very bad on his legs, bless him. I think we are going to need some sort of respite care sooner rather than later.

All is quiet with my son at the moment, but I have a gut feeling that it's the quiet before the storm, well I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

Oh and I've got a new car, well it's an old car, but it's new to me, a Nissan Almera, really low mileage and its been well looked after, yay, I love it.

Jodie, you're sounding great I have to say. You sound so different, so happy, like a woman who knows what she wants out of life! I hope you've recovered from the flu now and hey I must tell you, we've been on a roll with the sun, we've had weeks of it now, never been known.

LLG, as always I love seeing you posting here and I'm sorry you are in such a mess, it's like you have a self destruct button that you keep pressing. Dee's right you know, it won't get better unless you start taking control over your life, only you can turn it round, we are all here for you and will support you all the way, but you have to do the work. You've done it before, you know you can do it if you really want to and you have everything to gain. Please, please do whatever you need to do, get whatever help you need and stick close to us. You're not alone in this battle, never alone.

Hi Dee, I hope you are well, I've missed everybody, so glad to be back.

I'm hoping on being here again tomorrow

Good night, sleep well

Gxxxx
Old 07-30-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you back Grace

D
Old 07-30-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, it's good to be back.
Gx
Old 07-31-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi Grace , Dee, LLG and anyone else lurking out there .....

Good news on the car and the sun Grace (it is raining here as I type this ) LOL .

I am looking forward to a night away (for work). It is always good to have a break from the routine. I have done this work trip before ... first time sober

Dealing with relationship issues as they arise .... I plan to start insisting on some changes soon .... not really sure of a Plan B if he refuses .. but I wll cross that bridge when / if I come to it. For the first time in my adult life I have sober friends I can discuss stuff with, which helps keep everything in perspective

I am enjoying being a lot more relaxed in all aspects of my life .... can't say I'm bursting with energy ... but that can be blamed on the late nights spent on SR chat.

Take care everyone.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hi August Gang

Just having a quick look-see before I go to bed, it's nearly 1 a.m.

Jodie, I'm loving my car, my old one was like driving a sewing machine and was really tiny with virtually no boot, this new (old but new to me!) one has lots of room in it.
Good luck with the relationship issues and its brilliant to be able to plan talking about things like this like an adult instead blotting everything out. Go for it.
Enjoy your night out too.

See you soon

Stay safe and sober

Gxxxxx

Just for Today: Today I will honestly embrace life, with all its pressures and demands. I will practice honesty, even when it is awkward to do so. Honesty will help, not hurt, my efforts to live clean and recover.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi All

A nice weekend .. did very little after a big trip away for school sport.

Looking forward to participating in the City to Surf next weekend to celebrate 12 months sober. I haven't been able to train due to medical stuff .... but I will enjoy the weekend away.

Hope you are all well
Old 08-05-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Monday 8.50 and it's absolutely bouncing down with rain.

Good morning my lovely August friends. I was just thinking to myself that this time last year I was reaching the end of my tether, I was in such a mess in these weeks leading up to my sobriety birthday, I could see no way out, I knew I was drinking myself stupid, I knew I had to stop pressing my self destruct button but it was always 'I'll do it tomorrow, I'll start tomorrow'. No I know that there is tomorrow, today is all we have. I'm happy to be sharing my journey with you, we've been through a lot, things can only get better. My life is still hard in a lot of ways, but at least I'm living it and I'm dealing with what it throws my way.

I had a good week end, I had all my family round yesterday for a birthday buffet ( it was my natal b'day last Wed) and it was good. Even my dear old Dad enjoyed it though I don't think he knew what he was celebrating, bless.

I'm glad you had a good weekend too Jodie, it sounds like you had a busy one and I love your plan for next weekend, I hope your injuries etc get better rapidly.

See you soon.

Gxxx

Just for today..... Don't be intimidated by the impossibility, be motivated by the possibility.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hey gang just a quick check in.... I'm on day 245 so just over 8 months for me....I guess a lot of you are hitting or have hit the year mark so I just wanted to say well done to you all and if it wasn't for me having a stupid slip then I would be celebrating with you....Oh well I'll be there soon enough....Take care....Steve.