Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 13

Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Administrator

The really good thing HD is that I'd heard horror stories about root canals... but I've had several now and there's been no pain at all

feel better Nel
D
Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

23.00 fri

Just checking in before bed.

Hi Midnight, I didn't get much sleep either last night, can't have been more than 3 hrs, so I'm dropping now, lets hope we both make up for it tonight. You've given some useful advice there re the sugar cravings.

I'm glad you got some rest HD3, more of the same tonight then, but at least you get some time for yourself tomorrow. Enjoy it. You've reminded me again, I need to make a Dentist appointment, I keep forgetting to phone.

Oh no Nel, I hope you get better very soon, look after yourself, drink loads of fluids and rest as much as possible. I bet you caught it from your husband.

Have a good night TTBABP.

Hi Steve, I'm glad you enjoyed your day off, I think you needed it. You're sounding good, I'm glad to say. Stay strong, you know you'll do it.

Keep going Matthew, you're really going for it so don't stop now.

Thank goodness for that Dee, just in case I need any!

See you all tomorrow

Sleep well

Gxx
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you sleep well Grace

have a great weekend, all

D
Old 04-12-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Evening Undies

So many uplifting posts to read.

Grace you're a star, takng the time to comment individually. Thank you.

My daughter is neither up nor down, thankfully. Her wound seems to be healing quickly too which I'm over the moon about. She's still quite bruised but kids are just so amazing, they bounce back so quickly.

Won't see much of you guys over the next week as hubby and I are off to the Algarve for 4 nights on our own. Seemed like a good idea at the time but after my daughter incident with the dog I'm now feeling a little apprehensive also hubbies drinking is getting out of hand again.

Hey Nel, get well soon.

Nighty night
x
Old 04-12-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Hey -- as long as we're all staying sober, wouldn't that make us the . . .

. . . Clean Undies?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

MeSoSOber - you are going to kill me with the undies jokes. Love them - very clever.

I am very sad right now. No energy to post proper. I will read and thank until I feel more myself.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your sadness is fleeting TTBABP, whatever the cause

D
Old 04-12-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTBABP View Post
MeSoSOber - you are going to kill me with the undies jokes. Love them - very clever.

I am very sad right now. No energy to post proper. I will read and thank until I feel more myself.
I will try to think of more to cheer you! I'm sorry you're down. These things (moods) often go as quickly as they come. I bet things look better to you in the morning!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Sleep tight gang..
Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

7.30 Sat

Good morning Undies

Well I slept apart from little g.son waking me up crying, think he was having bad dreams, then he decided 6.30 would be a good time to get up and so there we go, night over. Got to do some grocery shopping this morning and my wayward son told me last night that he is coming today to finish the work he was doing in my garden! I'm not hedging any bets. This is the job that was going to take 3 days, that is now running into week 5!! There again on thinking about it, it is his birthday on Wednesday, so maybe we are in with a chance of him turning up!

Thank you Dee, I did and I hope you get some sleep too. You have a great week end.

Morning Nicky, I'm glad your daughter's okay and yes kids are amazingly resilient. I'm sure she will be absolutely fine while you are away, the Algarve is only a phone call away, so stop worrying. I just hope that you get the rest and peace that you deserve, the Algarve is beautiful and maybe you and your husband will get some space to talk about his drinking issues. Just enjoy, what will be, will be.

Meso, you started my morning with a smile, thank you. Love your sense of humour, can't beat a good crack ( joke) in the undies.

TTBABP, sending you my love.

Have a good day HD3, catch up later.

Stay safe and sober undies

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Morning folks.

TTBABP Really sorry you're feeling sad. It can be so draining to feel down. Sending you a huge virtual hug and hope your sad mood lifts soon, whatever the cause. ((hugs))

Grace 7.30 on a Saturday morning, seriously you and I need to get a grip....haha
Thanks for your kind caring words, you're such a great support. Hope you have a pleasant day. xx

Well got a few bits and bobs to organise today for my short break. I always get so uptight before I go away trying to get everything just right.

Recently I was at the Doctors as I wanted to cut back on my anti-deoressants now that I'm sober. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago but my mood has become so agitated over the last week that I've decided to revert back to my original dose, no point in tempting fate where the drinking's concerned. As it was often my *anesthetic*

Hope you all have a happy, healthy weekend.

Catch you all later.
x

Midnight I'm sorry to report but I have slipped back into my old Red Bull habit, hopefully not for long though. It's horrible having such an addictive personality

Tanja How's Peyton and your wee nephew doing?

Ooops I WAS going, honest.......lol

Bye for now
Old 04-13-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Day 128 here and all is well...I'm 6 hours into my 15 hour shift and the day is going by so slowly...The team played last night so today is quite as there isn't many people about...Bought myself loads of food today to get me through the day....Weather is miserable and it's just started raining but at least it's warm today....Hope everyone else is doing well...Take care....Steve...
Old 04-13-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all. It's a beautiful day again. And a quick check from me.

Grace - What a shame you haven't had a proper sleep again. Sending you more sunshine and smiles. I get up at 5 a.m. for a few days in a row because I have a long list of things to do, not because of insomnia). Actually I even like it - to have a cup of coffee and see the sun rising.

TTBABP - I hope you'll feel for upbeat soon, just recharge your batteries, tomorrow will be another day. Brand new)

Have a good day, Undies)

See you later.

Nicky - Red Bull again? Bring it here, I'll have a serious talk with it Sorry you feel agitated now. Another reason to cut on Red Bull - it winds you up. Have you tried some meditation or relaxation? I've never been a fan of this and, actually, never believed much that it will work for me. But after five months of practice it helped at last. I did it 7-10 minutes a day. Give it a try) I'm sending relaxing and soothing positive vibrations to you. Stay tuned)
Old 04-13-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Up early with my daughter, and watching cartoons. Today is day 20, and I am so happy I have committed to being sober. Have a Blessed day friends.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hi again

Just having lunch and a sly posting session. It was really sunny and warm earlier, but it's gone a bit grey and cloudy now, threatening rain by the look of it.

7.30 on a Saturday Nicky, I know, I like being up early though to be honest, especially when it's only me that's up. I'm going to cut down on my anti depressants from today, I did have a talk to the Doctor about it a couple of weeks ago, so we'll see how it goes. I always get stressed too when we're going away, my mind does overtime with things I have to do, things I've not done, things I might have forgotten, etc, etc, etc! You'll be fine once you get sat down on that plane. A bit of sunshine and a break away from the usual will do you good.

Oh dear Steve, work is such a drag when it is going slowly, I don't envy you at all. I'm

glad to see your still eating, wouldn't want you wasting away. You're warm! that must mean it's freezing!

Hi Midnight, I got that bit of sunshine earlier, thank you, much appreciated. I like being up early too, especially in summer when I can sit out in the garden with a cup of tea, appreciating the silence.

That's excellent Matthew, I bet your daughter was happy.

Bye for now

Gxx
Old 04-13-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Administrator

I find if I drink too many energy drinks the comedown is a lot like depression - be careful with it Nicky!

D
Old 04-13-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support gang but I don't deserve it. I am ashamed to admit that I slipped up last night. I was at a celebration and was complacent and drank wine. I have been such a big talker and now I just feel like a big jerk.

Sorry everyone. I am so disappointed in myself. Can't even look in the mirror.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

TTBABP, of course you deserve the support, you're only human and there but for the grace of God goes I. I truly, truly admire you for coming straight back and telling us what happened. If only I had been big enough to do that when I slipped instead of isolating myself and letting myself slide back even deeper into the big dark hole I'd dug for myself. It's done now, no one here will think any the less of you for what's happened, pick yourself up, dust yourself down, learn from it and move on. As I always, always say, 'falling down isn't failing, staying down is failing.' Stick close now and keep reading and posting.

Lots of love

Gxxxx
Old 04-13-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

TTBABP - You are not a big jerk! I know how difficult it can be to admit that you slipped. That takes a tremendous amount of courage. Try and not be so hard on yourself. You said you became complacent - at least you recognize that this happened and can learn from it. Your not alone. I had tons of lapses. The important thing is to never, ever give up.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

TTBAP try and look at it as a learning experience for what u can do different next time. I've had tons of slips and wouldn't post and keep drinking so great job hopping back on here. Keep moving forward!!

I'm working today. Hopefully it will go by quickly. My allergies kept me up most the night and finally took medicine but it makes me so sleepy!
Hope everyone has a good day!

Nicky I go thru fazes of energy drinks too! I will def be having one to keep me awake today!