# 61 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR BEAGLE

Have a good 'un

Mick
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Thanks for all the birthday messages guys, you are all so awesome, love every single one of you, really put a smile on my face today

No rest for the wicked though so back to work it is. Super busy day again but im sure ill get chance to check up on you all a bit later on.

Have a good day all
Ben
Happy Birthday, have an Awesome day.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chuff1 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to get these quotes up in highlight.....DOH
Morning Mick, you click the 'quote' button at the bottom right of a post. It took me a while to figure that out!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bepresent View Post
Morning Mick, you click the 'quote' button at the bottom right of a post. It took me a while to figure that out!
Just practising!!

Mick
Old 03-27-2013, 03:13 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

YAY!

God Im soooooooooooo stupid sometimes!!

Thanks Bepresent

Mick
Old 03-27-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Happy 21st Birthday Mr B!!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Happy B-Day Mr Beagle!!!7
Old 03-27-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
And you have my permission to take a frying pan to his head while he's asleep. And I don't mean that in a nasty way.

You got this. Rock on.
Thank you Trach lol - this time i WILL show him!!

I would love to comment on everyone's posts but I log on in work and so I have to dip in and out of SR. But this site is fantastic!

Not sure who said it, but they were right in sayin that you have to commit to 'taking drink off the table'. If you don't get that straight in your head from the start, then I think you are starting from a disadvantage. That was my problem. I have finally got this into my head and it makes all the difference. [B]Walking[B] - I think you said this too and you felt the same.

Good luck for today eveyone xxxx
Old 03-27-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

rock on baby, rock on
Old 03-27-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

My Iced Coffee tastes so much better without a hangover. Just another benefit of sobriety.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chuff1 View Post
Morning bepresent

Isnt it just the best feeling in the world when that reality of not having drinking as a reward or a solution finally hits you?
Congratulations on Day 27 Mick - and this is exactly what I am looking forward to - to me it represents a huge sense of freedom xx
Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks snaggs......but that was me messing up quotes!! bepresent is on 27, I am on 24,
But am absolutelty 1000% sure that i will be on 27 in 3 days time.

Once you accept that drink is not an option, then you can just get on with your life

It is just so liberating

Have a great day Snaggs

Mick
Old 03-27-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Well done on 24 days Mick - still fantastic - can't wait til its me!! And bepresent of 27 days - also brilliant!

I can actually almost grasp that feeling of freedom! - I just don't want to think about it or take it as granted yet ........... Also, I love to eat and have been so used to drastically cutting back on what I eat to allow for the calories in alcohol - I can't wait to be able to cook and enjoy food again xx

Have a great day Mick
Old 03-27-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

@bepresent I am not on any dedicated writing forums no, I occasionally post on amazon and writing threads in other forums, let me know if you find one that may be worth a visit.

To be honest I love to write but i have loads of work that I have started and just never finished for some reason or another (mostly drink I suspect)

I have been trying to do 30 mins to an hour just sat in front of my screen this last week to get back into the habit, started a ludicrous comedy short just for a bit of fun, so far I have half a page.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Cheers snaggs

I love my food now

Please dont think that I will ever take this for granted.....that will never happen, just dont beat myself up any more about not drinking....and somehow everything else seems to gradually fall into place.

Have a great day snaggs

Mick
Old 03-27-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning all...27 for me too, but I had a rough patch yesterday, didn't drink, thank goodness, though. I reached on on this board, got overwhelming responses and advice and pulled through. It was so hard for me to post, to reach out for help like that, but I knew I had no where to turn and I was literally seconds from running to the store and grabbing some beer. I had myself all but convinced that it was no big deal.

That being said, I'm not quite at the point bepresent is at. Well, here at 8am I am, but in the midst of the afternoon/early evening, drinking still calls to me, strongly. I will get there. Every day makes us stronger, just in our own time.

I am grateful for SR and for my sobriety. I may be hanging on by a thread now and then, but I am hanging on and I don't want to start all over again, that's for sure.

Hope you all have a great sober Wednesday
Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Oh and awesome work bepresent and mick and forabetterlife
Old 03-27-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Morning Forabetterlife

Well done you on day 27, sorry your having a tough time, you are so right about how difficult it can be to ask for help, I have always felt the same, until I found this site.
You are doing absolutely brilliantly, and you will get there and it will get easier, your a star in my book
Hang in there, cos you ROCK
Mick
Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
It was so hard for me to post, to reach out for help like that, but I knew I had no where to turn and I was literally seconds from running to the store and grabbing some beer.
I hope I have that kind of fight in me when I get a strong urge. I think it's a huge accomplishment when you prove to yourself, like you did yesterday, that you want to quit badly enough to take advantage of the help available to you and to have the courage and will to fight it out until the urge passes.

People have told me before to call them when I get an urge to drink, and I have to explain to them that I haven't called them to stop me from drinking in the past (and probably wouldn't in the future) because once the urge hit, I didn't WANT anyone to talk me out of it!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
I haven't called them to stop me from drinking in the past (and probably wouldn't in the future) because once the urge hit, I didn't WANT anyone to talk me out of it!
Likewise - so very true!