Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 7

Old 03-26-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Frankly my dear chap if you can get through Slumber Party Massacre you can get through anything..........
I'm a huge fan of sleazy slashers but this thing is a disaster! These cheesy attempts at scares are borderline unbearable.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by Murdock80 View Post
I'm a huge fan of sleazy slashers but this thing is a disaster! These cheesy attempts at scares are borderline unbearable.
The first - and to my knowledge only - feminist parody slasher. Both the "feminist" and the "parody" bit went right over my head when I tried watching it.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad to be sober and watching tv with my wife. Normally I would be drunk or passed out. Finally I am fully committed.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Mrbeagle!!!!! :bounce
Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Finally I am fully committed.
walkingwithgod that's so awesome!!!!

Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hope your cravings subsided Murdock.... Stay with Us!!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

:day
Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Mmmmmm Nachos - hope you enjoy they Murdock. Have a nice relaxed evening.

Blues - I know what you mean. I think my friends have kinda always known so i'd probably just say 'I'm not drinking right now'. As Northlander has said, real friends will realise how serious this is to you and support you through it. I sometimes think we overestimate the importance of how others perceive alcohol. I know I do. I figure real friends will just be happy to see you happy in life.

Off to sleep here, night all, evening to those across the pond, afternoon (i think) to the Aussies. Take care!
Sorry to intrude in the March family but I just gotta wish Mr. Beagle HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:day
Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

MrBeagle - Happy Birthday and I have to say that I love your username. I've got a puggle and I've always loved beagles. Not to mention your avatar, adventure time <3. I always love the saying "Dude, sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at it"

BlueSweater NEVER EVER EVER EVER feel like something that is making you anxious is trivial. If you're anxious then your reasons are valid and even though I'm new to this group, I am 100% sure everyone here is willing to listen and help you through it.

I have to ask you guys if you're ok with me talking about my eating disorder in here?

It's cool if you're not, I know SR isn't a catch all for everything in the grab bag of crazy. I am getting help other places but the alcoholism and the eating disorder or so intertwined with me that I'm not sure I can talk about one without the other.

That said I am having a super hard time today. I went out to eat with my dad and didn't drink. But I ate more than I am comfortable with, I'm anxious, want to drink to get rid of the anxiety, then have my typical "alcohol fast" to make up for the dinner. It's hard to explain... but I know it's downright irrational. I'm just trying to sit with my anxiety tonight. Working through my Dialectical Behavioral Therapy book, trying to use some of the tools but I am having a rough time of it.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 10, being sober rocks and I've not smoked either, feeling good.

Have a great day :-) x
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

From the beginning of this journey, I knew I am not strong enough (yet) to resist the urge when alcohol is present, so what I do is I avoid those situations/places. I decided to lay off from my sideline job of doing bar gigs (i'm a blues singer) to avoid alcohol. Alas, I accepted a project to record jazz arrangements of pop songs from a friend I met around the gig circuit. When I got to the studio yesterday to start recording, my friend said 'We have prepared the vocal booth especially for you today.'

Aaand... when I opened the door to the booth, I was welcomed by a beautifully arranged table of glasses, ice and my favorite local rum

I did not know how to react. I didn't announce publicly that I am going sober, and ugh I just didn't know how to react.

I didn't think this will cut my 13 days of sobriety.

I feel so bad. I don't have control.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank for that link I have actually seen this one several times its threads are many pages long but I cannot actually post I don't see the opportunity for it that and Ty for taking the time to help me cingulate to u also for not picking up!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Morning all, phew last night is behind me and onto day seven

Mr Beagle Happy Happy birthday if you can do a big birthday you can do anything ! Deffo not going near the scales after consuming so much yesterday ! Mind you prob still not as much as are in the two bottles of wine I was drinking !!!!

Thank you thank you thank you to you all you rock ! Xxx
Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

:.bday2 :day
Have a mega brilliant sober birthday mrB if I could give you a present, it would be sobriety without the temptations. Love you sweetie, keep at it
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Beagle pal. Have an "outstanding" birthday (in the style of Mortal Kombat.)
All the breast! x
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flickedhisbic View Post
MrBeagle - Happy Birthday and I have to say that I love your username. I've got a puggle and I've always loved beagles. Not to mention your avatar, adventure time <3. I always love the saying "Dude, sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at it"

BlueSweater NEVER EVER EVER EVER feel like something that is making you anxious is trivial. If you're anxious then your reasons are valid and even though I'm new to this group, I am 100% sure everyone here is willing to listen and help you through it.

I have to ask you guys if you're ok with me talking about my eating disorder in here?

It's cool if you're not, I know SR isn't a catch all for everything in the grab bag of crazy. I am getting help other places but the alcoholism and the eating disorder or so intertwined with me that I'm not sure I can talk about one without the other.

That said I am having a super hard time today. I went out to eat with my dad and didn't drink. But I ate more than I am comfortable with, I'm anxious, want to drink to get rid of the anxiety, then have my typical "alcohol fast" to make up for the dinner. It's hard to explain... but I know it's downright irrational. I'm just trying to sit with my anxiety tonight. Working through my Dialectical Behavioral Therapy book, trying to use some of the tools but I am having a rough time of it.
Feel free to talk about anything you like flickedhisbic, there are no rules in March Club! (Well other than the forum rules :p ) also welcome

Day 16 here I didn't sleep well and look like crap this morning but it isn't because of drink so all is good, busy day at work again so probably won't get to read through posts until tonight. So have a good day/night everyone!

Happy actual birthday Beagle!

Hope it all turned out alright for you murdoch.

Keep on marching!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm in need of some willpower today, anyone care to share? The 6th day shirk.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

MrB well done on shotgun!
Northlander, did you spend a week finding that picture or did you make it up yourself, I nearly peed with laughing when I saw it! I hope the dogs leave you alive, lets face it you are probably more gristle than the cheapest dog chow!!
Bluesweater, plenty of good advice there, but to add my 2 pen'th, are you committed to never drinking again? I would have found it harder in the past, as I always knew that at some point I would drink again. This time I will just tell folk that I am making changes in my life, one of which is to stop using alcohol. Keep safe and stay here
Murdock, I take it the cravings were not as brutal as that dreadful movie? Hopefully you are over them.
Flick, if your eating disorder is linked to your drinking, I don't know how you could separate talking about them. I just apologise on behalf of My fellow marchers some of whom seem to be eating like a toddler locked in a supermarket!!!! Feel free to talk or vent about it.
Walking, baby steps as Grace always says, you are doing it one day at a time
Jimuk, going great guns, keep it up
Bliss, lack of control is what has gotten all of us on this thread, don't beat yourself up, get back up on that pony,put plans in place to prevent that kind of temptation in future and think about how you could have dealt with it differently. You are here, that is mega.
June, well done! Diets can come later when we have fewer or no AV cravings
Panache hope you are feeling better today?
Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Panache, what plans have you today? Think, day 7 tomorow, a week in
Old 03-27-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

AofS the sleeping gets better the longer we are sober. I have a hypno sleep app which gets me off really well. One I woke in the early hours and played a short version which did the trick too
Old 03-27-2013, 01:42 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Hi Panache, what plans have you today? Think, day 7 tomorow, a week in
Work toots, but then I get an evening with you guys, which is a much needed bonus to an otherwise bullsh*t day.
Oh and that SMART meeting online tonight.

That's what's getting me through, day 7 tomorrow and then off for 4 days HALLELUJAH!

How about you toots?

How is everyone? What are you all doing with your days?