Notices

Class of May 2012 part 19

Old 03-29-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Just a very quick post before I go (no, really! I know my short posts can get incredibly long, lol).

Rock good buddy, I am so relieved to hear about your experience with your meeting. I was very concerned! What a great experience and I think it's good to have support both here and near home. I'm so happy you found what sounds like one of the really good groups that can provide you with additional resources. I am so proud of you that you reached out before drinking and had a plan! Lots of love and (((hugs)))! You are an incredible person!

Sassy
Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Originally Posted by HitRockBottom70 View Post
my head is back in the right place.
I am so relieved that you had a warm and welcoming experience at your meeting last night, my wonderful friend! I was worried about you, but I also know how strong you are. I am proud of you in your courage to explore new methods to help yourself continue along the healthy path of necessary and rewarding sobriety. Wish I could reach through my laptop to give you a true Mammoth hug, but know that my cyber hugs contain the same love and respect for you as the real McCoy.

First full day of vacay, yay!!!!! A luxurious week off from work and I can dig it... all the way to China, lol! Date Pach may be able to work only half the day today, so we're starting our weekend together early. Only our fourth date, which we both exclaimed near incredulity over, since we've been getting on so well via other means of communication during our mutual heavy work week schedules. Trying hard to be realistic and keep note of a few possible reddish flags, but it is so much fun to give in to my overwhelming feelings of head-over-heels excitement! Yes, I'm going on and on in nauseating puppy-love fashion, so if you're suffering through my posts with eyes rolled and exasperated sighs, you're just gonna have to either skip past or gird up and deal, lol!

Enjoy your TGIF in serene sobriety, you gorgeous boaters, you. Catch up with you again soon. Love and hugs to all.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

FP, my dear, not nauseating and definitely not exasperated sighs! More like warm and fuzzy chuckles and most happy to see you enjoying yourself! The future will be what it is and no need to go there now. Just enjoy today (((hugs)))
S
Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon All,

Shock - So glad you have little Oscar to keep you comapny. I wasn't feeling well the past two days and just having a pet to hug and snuggle with always provides me with comfort. I do hope you feel better soon!

Sas - Taking a trip to the shore in Maine sounds wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful time. We will miss you!

Dee - I am so sorry that you experienced pain and a little despair. I am so happy that you are feeling better. Your words of wisdom are always such an inspiration.

HRB - You should be so incredibly proud of yourself. It's scary walking into that first AA meeting. It's even scarier to share your heartfelt feelings out there to a group of people you don't know. I am so glad that you found some relief and solace. You are such an incredible inspiration and supportive, loving kind man. We all love you.

Jeni - I am so glad to hear that you get a three day week-end to rest and relax. Spending time with your family sounds idyllic.

FP - I had no idea that the orchestra group was so abusive to the newbies. Public humiliation is just not acceptable under any circumstances. I am glad to hear you will be moving on after your commitment has been met. I am so happy to hear that your dating experience is going so well. Please keep us posted on how your dates go!

Wehav2day - I am so happy to hear that you get to pick up your chip on saturday. It is no little 30 day chip. Thirty days of sobriety is a huge accomplishment I hope you find a wonderful way to celebrate.

Wishig everyone a lovely Good Friday!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

FP no eye rolls or sighs over here! I'm happy to hear the fruits of everyone's labor in sobriety. I think cautious but optimistic is always a good route to take. And knowing that you always have us to rely on hopefully makes you feel strong and you can fall a little swoonier. Haha.
HRB how are you doing today?
Welcome aviva!
Well I'm glad it's Friday. Jut need to make it through the afternoon. The discomfort continues and I just don't know how to not let it bother me. I don't know how to be okay with being excluded and ok with bosses who don't seem to "see" a real problem. Im going to try to enjoy my weekend and work on my résumé as a back up. Not much else to report.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Sending you a huge hug OLL

Old 03-29-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi May Peeps!
Happy Easter to everyone.

FP, So happy for you. Keep the gushing coming because it brightens my day to know you are so happy. This budding relationship sounds like fun.

Jeni, Have an absolutely wonderful vacation. This is why we work, to live and enjoy life. I hope you have a relaxing and special time with hubby and the kids. And yeah about my comment “Mad as hell”… I guess the English or American translation works in my case☺

OLL, I hope the job stress gets better. At least you all got together and they know what is happening. Anything at work takes time and having the guts to stand up to the bully is huge. I would bet the bully lays low for a while and gives everyone a break. I am hoping so anyway. A photography career sounds amazing.

Wehav, I am so excited for your trip to England. I hope your meeting went well. Congrats on the 30 day chip!

Sassy, I wish you a good vacation as well. I too can relate to easily becoming addicted to things. I am not sure this is all bad though, depending on what you replace your unhealthy addictions with. We are all works in progress and it will take time to find some balance. Maybe balance is just a dream though and we need to be happy with ourselves and our imperfections.

Bloss, What an amazing share. You are an amazing woman with such strength and determination. I know we get down at times but we have come so far. This is just the beginning of a new better life.

Kitty, Sorry to hear about the ipad and router. Also wanted to send a big hug and wish you strength in the current work situation.

Dee, I hope you are feeling better. When you write “I’ve worked damned hard to get to that point”, Thank goodness you did and thank you for helping us learn.

Shock, It sounds like an ideal situation, you adopting Oscar. Depeche mode is one of my favorite bands from the old days. I need to download the new album, I’m sure I will love it too.

Emily, I’m glad to hear counseling is going well and you are better understanding some issues. It helps me reading your post to not feel as alone and not quite as terrified of going next Tuesday.

Jane, Wishing you well and I am hoping the side effect will subside. I can certainly relate to being busy with sober life. It’s hard to fit everything into the day.

Lee always good to read your inspiring posts. You sound great. Remember we are here for you.

Aviva, Welcome to the Mayans.

Had a very busy day today. Work stuff, the gym, dinner with friends then I had to slide out early to get to the AA meeting. I said I needed to meet some work friends. It really sucks to lie so I need to figure out a different way to handle that situation. This meeting was very different and I felt like I did not quite belong. I know there are many different meetings so I will try quite a few. I feel so blessed that my first was the one yesterday.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

meeting went well as can be expected. it seems like i had the combination of compassion, strength, and "don't b.s. me" that was suited to the situation. i will do better if i can keep that up. and now it is not going to own the rest of the weekend.

rock, your aa meeting sounds like the best thing EVER. those folks need to hijack tanja's meetings.

uk peeps, can you give me some tips on not seeming so american? i've talked about pretending to be canadian. julie says if people say they are american in the uk many assume we are all up on all the fringey u.s. politics and expect to be catered to. i don't take sodas with ice, know how to make a good cup of tea, and know not to wear sneakers, so that's a start?

fp, hope you and date pach have a nice weekend! enjoy! keep the mushy, puppy love stories going. because you know i'm still gonna sing, "FP and DP sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G! :-)

goodnight all, not so good at mentioning everyone but you are certainly in my thoughts and prayers for a sober and healthy night for all. (including pooch and kitty friends :-)

dude, time for bed. i'm typing like a wino (which i am, but a sober one), and the california accent is like totally starting to show.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm awake and getting ready for my therapy. God, this is hard..... There are things I need to share today, new memories I need to make sense of, but its going to be so difficult to share them. My heart is pounding so hard it feels its going to jump clean out of my chest. But.....the anxiety didn't start days ago, so it's definitely an improvement.

Wehav-no need to pretend you're anyone different! We LOVE our American cousins and the Yorkshire accent can be difficult to understand anyway. We take ice in our drinks, we wear sneakers although we call them trainers, and not everyone drinks tea. I don't. Just be yourself!

HRB-thanks for your post. You sound so much better. Sorry I didn't reply to your PM, I was corresponding with you at 4 a.m during one of my wakeful moments, and I drifted back to sleep. I will get back to you.

Lots of love to everyone. Xxx

Deep breaths...I'm going to be ok.....
Old 03-30-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Jeni - and to everyone this weekend

D
Old 03-30-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

jeni, I hope your session goes really well. you may well be starting a breakthrough if you are having new memories, WANT to process them, and especially that you didn't get anxious until this morning! at this rate, you will be looking forward (perish the thought! :-) to therapy in no time. good luck to you. and thank you for the pointers. :-) you aren't kiddin' about the Yorkshire accent. Julie's been here 25 years and sometimes I have a hard time understanding her. and her parents and nephews are lovely but the best way for me to get what they are saying is to picture someone talking to me with marbles in their mouth. but hey, I hear I talk pretty weird. a friend once said I sound like a combination of sesame street, bill and ted's excellent adventure, and the learning channel.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Wehav-I just spat out a mouthful of my blackcurrant drink in laughter at your description of how the Yorkshire accent sounds like someone with a mouthful of marbles!! So accurate! And if you go any further north you reach Scotland... They speak a completely different language altogether! I can just hear how you speak, how funny. I speak like the Queen (not really, I'm not at all posh!), its more like Adele, have you heard of her?

My therapy was brilliant. I really think she will help me as I grow. And yes, she sees the return of memories no matter how painful, as a sign of healing.

One day I will be all grown -up.... But not anytime soon....

Lots of love to you all xxx
Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Jeni, Im glad the therapy went well! Also good to hear I can wear my sneakers, have ice in my drink and not drink tea(yuck!) when I come over. Can I get away without eating a butter sandwich too?

WeHav, Great that the meeting is over and went well. Have a beautiful weekend.
Accent, totally awesome!

In the spirit of Bill and Ted,
"The only true wisdom consists of knowing that you know nothing."
"Be excellent to each other."
"Party on dudes!"

I am working the weekend so I will be back in touch on Monday.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

rock on, jeni. sounds like you are having a wonderful day and it couldn't happen to a better person.

adele sounds lovely, now I can picture you talking a little better. cool!

alright, while we are on the subject, who would like to describe how they speak/sound? it will be fun to picture you all when reading your posts! :-)
Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Rock: Exxxxcellllenttt! Used to do a lot of Austin powers imitations too, but Julie cut me off. for someone with a fantastic sense of humor, she sure gets touchy about Austin powers and monty python!

and oh yeah, back to that subject that brings us all here... the aa meeting this morning was cool. lots of new faces. the subject was personality shift, how that helps in recovery. and step 4. which I am stiiiillll stuck on. so it was all timely. good folks and I got big hugs along with the chip.

have a wonderful sober weekend, all! and happy easter if you celebrate it!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

No HRB-you MUST have butter in your sandwiches, otherwise you will be sent to the Tower of London and tortured.....

They make you eat butter with everything here, put it on potatoes, add it to cakes and biscuits. It's part of our staple diet.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

WeHav, the meeting sounds great. I have been reading the steps and I think step 1 was done a long time ago. Step 2 was my realization on my way to the first meeting that something bigger than me is looking out for me. I don't have a sponsor yet. I want to take some time with that. I am planning on hitting different meetings and finding the right meeting and person. One of the guys I spoke with after the 1st meeting seems pretty cool.

Jeni, I will take the Tower of London please, without the butter
Old 03-30-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

HRB-I didn't have a sponsor for the first few months. No need to rush it, keep going to meetings, listen to what those with long term sobriety have to say, how they have done it. Every meeting is different, but I've yet to go to one that hasn't had some message I couldn't relate to.
I am not religious but I do have a strong faith in something bigger than us, and believe that I can't do this on my own.
I'm on step 9, and am really ready to move on from that. I'm happy to share my experiences via PM if they would help.

Take good care of yourself my friend. You're doing brilliantly xxx
Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Thanks Jeni. I will take you up on the offer. I feel like I got into a car speeding somewhere and not sure where I am going. All I know it's better than where I was. Not real thrilled about adding another thing to my already full schedule, but I must make some sacrifices if I want to get better.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi folks, just a quick check in. The last couple of days have been quiet, which is nice. Did a spot of baking today, and am, I guess, just ticking along, doing ok. Off to a meeting soon, to make tea.
Other than that... I just wish the weather was better. But this cold, wet, windy weather will pass.

Have a good day folks, what's left of it, and remember, clocks go forward in the UK tonight.

Love and Hugs to you all. And may your higher power go with you. x x