http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-18-a-20.html

D
Old 03-25-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

What the...???!!! GeeeeeEEEEEEZZZUS, Sas, what the heck??!! Snagging the sober shotgun seat once again? As if my pink Lambo with solid gold tusks wasn't good enough for ya? Huh? HUH? Sheesh! And good lawd almighty, too! Well, lemme run the sober wagon through the Pach wash first to rinse off the winter road salt. Now gimme back my Lambo. Dang seat stealin' Sassy.

elephant-car-wash.jpg
Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awwwww, FP, please don't make me give back that awesome pink Lambo with the gold tusks....it is my most prized possession. It won't start if it knows I'm headed to the store and I'm cravin the big A. Please, please, please - I'll even let you ride shotgun in my place especially after mammoth washed the vehicle :-)

Sassier
Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bloss hit 11 months!! Congratulations!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Shock, Ouch- MRSA is no joke! Have they managed to wipe it out? S
No it's not but on the way there. We are going to kick it out of the ballpark. You don't want to know how upset I was to find this out. I moved here because my roommates said they didn't drink or use. The leaseholder M (who gave me the MRSA) was drinking and shooting up heroin behind both V and my backs. I've seen a lot so she must have been good to hide from me.

My dogs first mom dropped his things by tonight. She asks if she can ever babysit him. I'll be texting her the date of the Depeche Mode concert lol

Congrats Bloss on the 11 months. WTG!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Boss Bloss,

Wow! Congratulations on 11 super sober months, dear Bloss!

You bring our group average up but much more important, in your own quiet and modest way you have achieved so much. I know it doesn't mean that life's a bed of roses comes without thorns but you wear that 11 month's proudly, you hear?!

Lots of love and (((hugs)))
Sassy
Old 03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations Bloss!!!!

So I have some really good news on my end. The anti anxiety medication that I started on Friday has worked. It started working by Saturday and the anxiety cycling, anxiety attacks, paranoia and negative self worth thoughts have stopped. I feel normal again for the first time in close to 2 years. I've even attempted to trigger my own anxiety cycle and I couldn't it's like there is a wall in my brain blocking off those thoughts.

I just can't believe it. I feel so good and I never realised how bad things had gotten in my mind.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jane, I'm thrilled for you that the meds are working! People who have never dealt with severe anxiety don't know how bad it can really be. That must feel like a miracle ;-)

(((hugs)))
Sassy
Old 03-25-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

all KINDS of good stuff happening here!

Tanja, congrats on 8 months!!

Jeni, congrats on 10 months, and beating the beast all weekend!!!

Bloss, way to go on 11 months, you are 11/12 of the way to a year.

FP, as always, rock on with the pics and date descriptions. FP and DP sittin' in on a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g... :-)

Rock, amazing pic of the bluebird of happiness!

Shock, congrats on your furry friend and glad you are feeling better!

jane, good on you for staying sober and feeling better. that's great!

don't have much of an update here, tired and need to go to bed. work a little annoying with a coworker, but i just need to keep on dealing with it. nothing worth drinking over. those insidious thoughts come into my head still, but i'm fighting them off and keep trying to add to my trusty tool box and keep checking in with the big HP (is that Higher Pach, FP?) :-).

have a great night, mayans
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations to Tanya on 8 months, really great!

Congratulations to Jeni for 10 months, you are doing so well

OLL, Sasia, SJD, Shock, WeHav
Thanks for the well wishes
Take care of yourselves
Bloss
Old 03-25-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SJD-so pleased the meds are working for you. Now you will find the strength to make some fundamental changes. So proud of you for having the strength to reach out for help. You are awesome xxx

OLL-well done for going to therapy. It isn't easy I know, but I'm sure you won't regret it xxx

Shock-MRSA? That sounds rough. Thank God your roommate has left. Now you can get well and start to recover from the anxiety she brought you. Congratulations on getting your new dog xxx

Bloss....what can I say? 11 months?!?!? That is ENORMOUS!!! Your posts are always so gentle and supportive. You are such a well loved and treasured member of this group.

Loads of love to everyone in this class. You help me so much, thankyou xxx

I've got 3 more days at work until a break. Not that I'm counting or anything....

I'm going to give my career a lot of thought over the Easter break. I'm missing the interaction with the kids. Dealing with continual conflict isn't having a good effect on my need for peace and calm in my life. I will see.... But I'm in a much better place at the moment. And that is such a relief.

Have a good day everyone xxx
Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats to Bloss on 11 months!

image-3256614664.jpg
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Bloss - Congratulations on eleven months of sobriety7 I hope you found the time to do something really special for yourself!

Shock - You have a great attitude. Despite having some recent health issues, you are continuing with strength and positivity that is so inspiring!

SoberJaneDoe - That is wonderful news that your anti-anxiety medication is working so well. Anxiety can be really crippling and it is such a blessing to hear that you are feeling normal again. That makes a huge difference in being able to work a program of sobriety.

Jeni - I am very glad that you are giving thought to the continual conflict that you face in your new job and your need for peace and calm. Stress plays so an important part in not only our recovery, but in the quality of our lives. I think it's very wise to lessen the stress in our lives where we can. I am confident you will make the right choice for your quest for serenity.

I received another email from my ex-sponsor this time saying that I had experienced growth and offering to give me rides to meetings and meet up for coffee. Finding another sponsor does have me concerned. It would appear that a lot of sponsors are authoritative in nature instead of being supportive. I don't want to be in a hurry and make a poor choice. I will say it was a learning experience and the AA literature recommends going over expectations and parameters. That is something I didn't do starting out. So, it is good to know that I have this information and can find a better fit this time around.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 03-26-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 11 MONTHS MILESTONE, BLOSS!!!

Mammoth brought out the hedge trimmers to decorate the lawn in your honor! I am so very proud of you for your stupendous, steady display of sober strength, my cherished friend! So many warm hugs of love to you.

elephant-hedges.jpg
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Tanja-do you have someone in mind that you could ask to sponsor you? I agree not to rush it, but maybe you could ask someone to be a temporary sponsor so you can continue through the steps. It would be a shame to stop moving forward. There are step study questions on the 12 step forum that might help you too. My sponsor isn't 'authoritative', but she is taking me through the steps in the same way as she was shown. Sometimes I've got a little complacent, sometimes I've drifted away from my meetings, sometimes I've got a little nervous. She has been quite direct as in 'do you f'ing want to get drunk? Well you're going the right way about it!' sort of direct...Coming from a tiny slender softly spoken Irish lady, this makes me laugh. But I could be offended if I didn't know that she was absolutely right, that sometimes I need a bit of tough love too. I hope you find one that's right for you too xxx

I had a busy day, but I'm coping better at the moment. I've got a big presentation I've got to give in front of the parents tomorrow. I'm not good at all at doing that, but much more confident than I used to be. I've also got to talk to one of the staff and tell her she's moving class teams. She won't be happy, I'm anticipating lots of tears. I've got to try and remember its what's best for the children....but I do hate causing upset.

On a plus, my little buddy who gets sent to me a lot for his behaviour came to see me and asked if I'd go out on the playground with him for a little while. I dashed our of that office so fast and had such fun with him, dashing around in the snow! Bloody cold though! I do miss working directly with the kids. Very much.

Anyway, 2 days at work to go.........

Live to you all xxx
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Em-where are you?????
Old 03-26-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Checking in. Therapy was fine. More of an introductory meeting than anything. Basically informed of what I already knew as far as diagnosis'. Now hopefully we can start fixing things at the next appointments. He was nice enough too. Work is going decently. We've collectively decided that the bully's ignoring tactics are not worth losing sleep over or even really discussing, and have all agreed to act as we normally would, chatting, helping, etc. I know I had to go through that miserable period to see how bad I could really let this affect my life, to really make the decision to not allow it to. At any rate, I'm glad I stayed sober.
Hope everyone is doing well.
And official congrats to Tanja and Jeni on your milestones. Hope you're treating yourselves to something nice!
And SJD I'm so happy you're doing well. Continue the momentum. You deserve to be happy!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good evening!

OLL, your work comments are hitting home. i have been working with someone for over two years now. he is so good at skirting the line and twisting situations my head spins. he is so convinced of his side of things that he convinces others and i find myself racking my brain to see what i could have done differently, what i may have done wrong, etc. we are having a supplemental review for him on Friday and he's already being adversarial about it and i find myself already stressing out about it. deeeeep breeaaaath... not worth drinking over, that's for sure. trying to train myself not to take this stress home. it irks me because i know that this person is probably not thinking about work at all right now and i'm racking my brain in the comfort of my living room.

jeni, you seemed to want this job before, have you had a change of heart? i passed a promotion up about a year ago because i was told there would me no more teaching. it's a toughie. don't know if i'll be able to teach and hike at my current level in 15 years though, either.

wow, sorry guys. it's all me, me, me at the current moment! part of that is by design. trying to continue to change a big block to my sobriety in the past, which is the habit of cheering on others and completely tuning out my own "stuff" until it bites me in the butt and i drink. hope it's not too hard to put up with me this time around because of that.

big hugs of love and support to all of you! pm if you would like special encouragement from me, i'm happy to "listen." take care, wehav

p.s. shock, care to share where you are near in socal? i'm from socal originally and get all nostalgic and homesick sometimes. :-)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wehav-vent all you need to, it's getting it it all out here that has saved me from picking up a drink many a time. That's what we're here for!xxx

Really nervous this morning. The day of my big presentation in front of parents. Deep breaths, a prayer no-one notices me shaking, and I'm still counting down the days til I finish for Easter

Loads of love to you all xxx