Notices

Class of January 2013 Part 7

Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Good morning class,

I am feeling much better today thank goodness. I am so glad I did not pick up. Without the support from this class and of my home group, I would be in for a very tough time and probably would not still be sober.
Congratulations Liz on 75 days!!! This is great. Hang in there tonight while BBQing Woodhead. The good thing is that you know that this is a trigger so you can be ready

Wishing everyone a good and sober day,
Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 04-13-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Carlotta, good for you for staying strong! And hope you're going OK with the BBQ tonight, woodhead.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
have a great weekend everyone

D
You too, Dee. Just back from the Nth Melb vs Swans AFL game. They have a few games in Hobart now. Great game and I didn't even feel like joining the boozers in the "wet" zone (real pack of yobbos, anyway! - oh that's so judgmental!)
Old 04-13-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

90 days

Never thought I'd make it. Butthead momentum plus SR has been the key. There's been plenty of times when I wanted to drink over the last 90 days, but I clenched up my guts and refused the AV. But, I never could have made it without y'all. The encouragement and understanding of SR is my recovery program. I am grateful for all of you and the interaction I have with you. Thanks.

Hope everyone in the northern hemisphere has a great spring weekend, and am wishing a great fall or tropical weekend to all in the south half of the globe.

Best,
W
Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 days, Woodhead!

I don't know about you, but I remember a time not too long ago that the thought of quitting for even a couple of days in a row seemed daunting, never mind a couple of months. It is certainly not easy, but is getting easier!

And I'd like to weigh in with late congratulations on the birth of your grandchild!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post

I am feeling much better today thank goodness.

Congratulations Liz on 75 days!!! This is great.
Glad you're feeling better. And thanks, things are getting a bit easier the closer I get to 90 days. As a late January starter, you are all my inspiration for getting there!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

mac glad you had a good holiday. recently, i have found it easier to ask for help, and while sobriety hasn't been fun every minute, it is a great feeling to be showing up for more of my life. good plan with the 'get out button' and after hitting that, you can hit the Staples "easy" button. making plans like yours is easier and softer than trying to go it alone

reeny i've been meaning to take dorris's advice, and i'm sure things are different than they were in january, but i still have to check it out. later you posted something about "drowning sorrows" but that's not what I notice happens to some people... I recently was listening to a person's story (the person was drunk) and realizing that alcohol can be a sorrow enhancer. Exercise in futility: come to terms with reality when two bottles of wine is a factor.

alison you sound great coming up on 90

hi gilmer, hope you got a good start to the weekend

carlotta depression is hard to escape, and it sucks waiting it out... hope you are feeling better since 4-9. i appreciate the irony of AV going off loudly on the way to an Emotional Recovery meeting, that's my life! glad you found the right "off" to stomp out your AV's reasoning

siesta thanks for sharing about cravings, and i know it's hard to stand your ground to protect yourself what with normies (and not) going out for drinks and encouraging you. stay strong

lunetta "what happened to 5 years" I'm more like what happened to 20... countless summers with goals and then blink - gone. I saw many warnings, but I thought they were for other people

dee, welcome back to the wonderful world of internet

like2h i wish i could knock some sense into me 20 years ago too

hi lizg

woodhead congrats on 90!!!

see y'all around
Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hi, you guys! I'm up here in the mountains smoking a cigar with all of the microbrew hounds among my family and friends. The occasion is the first day of turkey season. Three of the guests went out at 5:45 this morning, equipped with two decoys and the finest turkey caller money can buy. The result? Utter failure!:rotfxko

I am not tempted in any way to pick up, but I did demand access to SR so I could see you all!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hey, Woodhead, congrats on 90, too!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Hey, Woodhead, congrats on 90, too!
Thanks Gilmer. Maybe they'll get a bird this afternoon. I called up 3 last weekend, but they were all hens. Maybe I need a new call.
Best,
W
Old 04-13-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi, you guys! I'm up here in the mountains smoking a cigar with all of the microbrew hounds among my family and friends. The occasion is the first day of turkey season. Three of the guests went out at 5:45 this morning, equipped with two decoys and the finest turkey caller money can buy. The result? Utter failure!:rotfxko
Do I detect schadenfreude? Glad you are having a good time -- and without alcohol! Who knew it was possible?
Old 04-13-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates

Woodhead congratulations on your new grandson. Just a quick check in before I have an early night glad to see you all doing ok, Carolotta glad you feeling better

For some reason my AV played up awful earlier glad its nearly time for bed lol wasnt going to give in to it but just wish I didnt have to deal with it just one of those days i suppose feeling down for no valid reason after feeling top notch emotionally most of the week. I did nothing different really today went shopping bought a dress :rotfxko really not a dress person lol its for holidays maybe that was it thinking about the holidays a bit worried about getting through without drinking. oh well I can do it if i think i cant before i even get on the plane i will fail so i better try to get that idea right out of my head.

Had to buy some new trousers too i have gained the ability to put the old ones one without undoing them YAY result.

hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 days Woodhead
Old 04-13-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Congrats Woodhead!! 90 days is awesome!!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats woodhead

D
Old 04-13-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congratulations on 90 days Woodhead

Hi class,

We are having a lousy grey weather here in the Northwest but I feel good today. Hopefully, I am out of that slump.
Wishing everyone a GREAT sober week end.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the weight loss, Rosie!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by woodhead View Post
Never thought I'd make it. Butthead momentum plus SR has been the key.

W
Fantastic, woodhead! So happy for you! And butthead momentum made me laugh - I've never heard that one before!

I've been reading Mary Karr's "Lit" - we certainly aren't alone in the world! Alcohol is such a life wrecker!

By the way, woodhead, we say Autumn, not fall, here down under - just to help with your education
Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

To clarify what i said, I didn't mean that we should underestimate the power of the AV--I was talking about handling temptations, random strong thoughts. A wise priest once told me to not struggle too much emotionally with wayward thoughts--just focus on God (or your goal, whatever it is) and shrug the thoughts off. They're only thoughts unless you take them in and entertain them. Get them out of your head right away and you're far less likely to act on them.
I needed to hear this today. Thanks, Gilmer.