Notices

Class of January 2013 Part 7

Old 04-08-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Dorris, I'm glad you are back. So sorry you are going through this. Keep posting. Thank you for the advice to look back at early posts. I will be looking back and also going over my list of "what I don't miss". My thoughts are with you.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Dorris - I'm glad you are back. We are here for support, and we truly care.

Sober1ck - I had lot's of fun calling in turkeys this weekend, but something always happened that prevented me from having fried turkey fingers last night. The season goes on until the end of the month, so maybe I'll get one.

I forgot to mention to the class that I'm now a grandpa, or papaw as we say in the South. My daughter had an 8 lb 5 oz boy last week. I'm thrilled and will travel to see the boy in a week or two.

Best to All,
W
Old 04-08-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Good morning class,

Dorris, it's so good to hear from you and I am taking your advice and re reading my posts. Please don't beat yourself up. Taking a shower and dumping the stuff is a very good start
All we have is today and like they say in the big book:"We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it." You drank, well that's what us alcoholics generally do but you can make the choice to learn from your slip and move on and forward.

Ps: and please remove the "stupid alcoholic" label from your avatar/profile. If any of us had slipped, you would not call us stupid would you? You are a good person and I am pretty sure you would embrace us back so please be kind to yourself and treat yourself as you would treat us.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by woodhead View Post
Dorris - I'm glad you are back. We are here for support, and we truly care.
I forgot to mention to the class that I'm now a grandpa, or papaw as we say in the South...
Congratulations Papaw!!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

When i said congratulations, i meant to Woodhead, too!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Congrats, Papaw!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congratulations Papaw...is it a boy or a girl?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Congratulations GrandPa---new babies are sooo much fun !!!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Congratulations Papaw...is it a boy or a girl?
Carlotta - it's a boy! I'm already looking at fishing equipment for him.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:41 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Hi Class, Hope ALL is well and you are strong JUST FOR TODAY!!!

Its Been a while, Returned from the UK after Easter holidays with Mother 87years young and my Wife and daughter. Been catching up on all that has happened since my last post.

Had a bad day yesterday and asked my higher power for help...As I stood looking out over the sea a Swallow flew bye within seconds of me asking on high...the first of this year...summer is here and this showed me my higher power is in my life...l love summer and I love being sober to enjoy it.

Went out on Easter Sunday to watch a Music rock Band with all my Brothers...normal thing in my drinking days. I drove and took my wife with me as my support structure and 'Get Out Button' !!! Worked a charm..following 4 hours of watching my old GANG and Brothers - begin metamorphosis from Normal intelligent people to ....I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH PEOPLE !!! I Pressed the escape button and my wife and I went for a wonderfull Indian Meal....Tonic Water all day and a fantastic intimate dinner with my sole Partner...Simply Fantastic!!!!

Day 88 for me Today so to all who are finding it hard as we all do I have another pearl of wisdom from my current read...Stay Stong ALL ...I SEND HUGS AND PEACE

‘’Pocket Sponsor - Book – Quotes’’

You can't change reality but you can change your attitude toward it.

When reality messes up my fantasies, I pause and ask my Higher Power to guide my thoughts.

Everybody makes mistakes. Fools repeat them, the weak excuse them, only the wise admit and profit from them.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by woodhead;

I forgot to mention to the class that I'm now a grandpa, or papaw as we say in the South. My daughter had an 8 lb 5 oz boy last week. I'm thrilled and will travel to see the boy in a week or two.

Best to All,
W
Congratulations on being a grandad, woodhead!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Just followed Dorris' advice and returned to really early January posts when lots of us were beginning the whole sobriety trip. It feels like such a long time ago.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Congratulations Woodhood!
Dorris, I'm sorry you are feeling lousy, but every time we get knocked down, is another chance to stand up, dust ourselves off, and begin again. You have 81 good days under your belt, you will get there again. Just keep moving forward.

I am here on day 82. Feeling busy and a bit overwhelmed but happy to be sober. Got my invitation for my 20 year high school reunion - my first thought was, "Cant believe I cant drink at the reunion!" Then I realized what a relief it really is - no acting stupid, no waking up wondering what I did, no misbehaving or embarressing myself." I'm actually looking forward to being sober and watching everyone else make fools of themselves.
I'm also having a date night with my husband on Saturday, going to see the play Rock of Ages and dinner, and we are both looking forward to not having to worry about my drinking. I'm getting to the point where I'm really starting to appreciate sobriety, and leaving behind all those behaviors.
I am struggling with smoking again, it causes a lot of friction at home and I wish I could just give it up, I have so much going on in my head right now it's hard to take on another challenge. I'll get there...

Congrats to all who made 90 days, and to everyone out there fighting the good fight every day!

-Alison
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Macc, that's great to hear about Easter. So good to hear about your great fellowship with your wife! Good to see you back!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hi Class,

Day 80 here. I am feeling a bit depressed but thankfully have no desire to drink. Congrats Mac and good to hear from you.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Hi class,

Just checking in. Been working a lot.
My thoughts about drinking have been all over the map lately. I know that I'm not going to drink, but the thoughts are there all the time. Thought I would be less focused on it by now, but maybe I'll alway be thinking about it? Work doesn't help with the crew encouraging me to go out with them all the time. Had to shut a couple of them down the other night and just tell them that I quit. They were stunned to say the least but they stopped bugging me about going.
Been grumpy about being an alcoholic lately, and trying to bring myself out of it. Thinking I need a change of scenery or something...
Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Sorry you're undergoing these trials, Siesta and Carlotta. Hopefully a good night's sleep will help. Congratulations on your 80 days, Carlotta!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Hi class, just checking in, I think Thursday is 100 days. I've been a little sad lately trying to figure out what happened the last 4-5 years of my life. There were so many warning signs that i needed to quit. I guess the positive aspect is that I can appreciate life now and make up for the time I lost. I'm much happier with my sober self than I ever was drinking.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had no internet for a few days guys - back now.

still catching up, but I'm really glad you're back Dorris - and Rose.
Congratulations Woodhead

siesta and carlotta - right around 90 days can get a bit weird - do you guys know about PAWs?

D