SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   "30 Days and Under Part 6"... Come & encourage them! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/288547-30-days-under-part-6-come-encourage-them.html)

BuddinK 03-25-2013 11:41 AM

Day 16 here,

Not having as many cravings, and my usual triggers are not bothering me as much as they used to.

I used to use those triggers as a reason to stop at the bar, now I look for reasons not to stop.

Unfortunately my foot is swollen to the point I cant get a shoe on it, I need toe joint replacement surgury, but cant get time off work to have it done, Hopefully the swelling will go down overnight.

Over the weekend many people told me that I look much better rested, and I must say, that on days when I didn't drink I usually could not sleep well that night. so, my body must be getting used to no booze because I am sleeping much better than in years.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and stay strong!

Ken

Murdock80 03-25-2013 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MrsS (Post 3880610)
Day 22, another productive sober weekend behind me, a clear head at work this morning

That is wonderful! I love showing up to work on Monday feeling refreshed. I used to show up exhausted, red faced and thinking, "Wow, I'm lucky I made it out of the weekend alive!.

Keep up the great work MrsS! You're strength and positive outlook are a huge inspiration to me!

tootsl1 03-25-2013 02:53 PM

Hi all, good to see so much positivity here, and folk doing so well
I've said it before MrsS awesome!!
Walking, you know what you have to do, now you need to find more ways to help you succeed,

To all, be safe, be strong, be sober

EternalQ 03-26-2013 04:56 AM

Keep walking the walk people. Tell that AV, no captivity, no negotiations!!!

soberjim 03-26-2013 06:26 AM

Hi all...Finally after many months - joined SR Nov 15, 2011 - I have made it to 30 plus days...Day 31 today...

I am a slow learner... what can I say..

This threat is so helpful...

I am in a much better place than I was a while back...For me that biggest obstacle was acually accepting I HAVE A PROBLEM with alcohol... I mean one day I would agree, then my av would convince me a don't...What a seesaw.

The days are getting easier...However I realize that 30 days.....just the beginning...
Reading SR and others stories I know how easy it is to slip backwards.

I don't want that. I enjoy what sobriety has to offer. I never want another day 1.

I hope everyone has a safe an sober day...

Jim

walkingwithgod 03-26-2013 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by soberjim (Post 3882228)
Hi all...Finally after many months - joined SR Nov 15, 2011 - I have made it to 30 plus days...Day 31 today...

I am a slow learner... what can I say..

This threat is so helpful...

I am in a much better place than I was a while back...For me that biggest obstacle was acually accepting I HAVE A PROBLEM with alcohol... I mean one day I would agree, then my av would convince me a don't...What a seesaw.

The days are getting easier...However I realize that 30 days.....just the beginning...
Reading SR and others stories I know how easy it is to slip backwards.

I don't want that. I enjoy what sobriety has to offer. I never want another day 1.

I hope everyone has a safe an sober day...

Jim

Awesome job buddy. I am super proud of you. You are an inspiration to me.
Matthew

Grace2 03-26-2013 07:53 AM

13.40 Tue

Hi again Unders

Calling in to see how it’s going.

WWG, I’m glad you’re back with us and you can do this if you really want to. Have you made any plans for how you’re going to deal with getting and staying sober this time? You can do it, one of our friends here Rusty Zipper has 10 years today, imagine that! If he can do it, then so can we

Hi Ken, you’re reeling the days in now, day 16 is fabulous. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working. Ouch your poor toe, that must be so painful, what happened to it? I hope it gets better.
I sleep much better these days now I don’t drink, no more waking up having a wrestling match with the bed sheets and with my heart racing and the sweat pouring off me ( so attractive, not!)

Hi Murdock, I hope all is well with you, stick close.

Hi Toots, is it as cold in Scotland as it is here today? Trying to snow again. That’s a good supportive post from you there.

Jim, congratulations,:a122: I am so, so, so , so very proud of you my sober friend. Kudos. Well if you can do 30 days you can do 60 no problem, get your backside over to the 12 months and under thread, where I can haunt you even more, lol. Xxxx
Threat! This isn’t a threat, it’s a promise, lol, you can do it, you are doing it.
You hit the nail on the head there, the turning point for me was finally accepting that I am an alcoholic, no more kidding myself, not what I wanted for myself, but such is life and I’m dealing with it. Life is good.

WWG, if Jim can, you can!

I’m off now to do a bit of work

Catch up again later hopefully

Stay safe, sober and clean

Gxxxx

Just for today, I will remember the little child within me.
Just for today, I will take that child out to play.

walkingwithgod 03-26-2013 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Grace2 (Post 3882351)
13.40 Tue

Hi again Unders

Calling in to see how it’s going.

WWG, I’m glad you’re back with us and you can do this if you really want to. Have you made any plans for how you’re going to deal with getting and staying sober this time? You can do it, one of our friends here Rusty Zipper has 10 years today, imagine that! If he can do it, then so can we

Hi Ken, you’re reeling the days in now, day 16 is fabulous. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working. Ouch your poor toe, that must be so painful, what happened to it? I hope it gets better.
I sleep much better these days now I don’t drink, no more waking up having a wrestling match with the bed sheets and with my heart racing and the sweat pouring off me ( so attractive, not!)

Hi Murdock, I hope all is well with you, stick close.

Hi Toots, is it as cold in Scotland as it is here today? Trying to snow again. That’s a good supportive post from you there.

Jim, congratulations,:a122: I am so, so, so , so very proud of you my sober friend. Kudos. Well if you can do 30 days you can do 60 no problem, get your backside over to the 12 months and under thread, where I can haunt you even more, lol. Xxxx
Threat! This isn’t a threat, it’s a promise, lol, you can do it, you are doing it.
You hit the nail on the head there, the turning point for me was finally accepting that I am an alcoholic, no more kidding myself, not what I wanted for myself, but such is life and I’m dealing with it. Life is good.

WWG, if Jim can, you can!

I’m off now to do a bit of work

Catch up again later hopefully

Stay safe, sober and clean

Gxxxx

Just for today, I will remember the little child within me.
Just for today, I will take that child out to play.

I have made a promise to my wife, and now she understands or accepts how bad it is. Before she never thought it was that bad. I may go to AA if it is necessary. SoberJim is a big inspiration for me.

Grace2 03-26-2013 08:00 AM

Jim, you're a star.

:nyae:snow::nyae:snow::nyae

Gxx

Babs1234 03-26-2013 08:12 AM

Hello eveyone and keep on Marching. I'm on day 23 today and i feel great and I have to say I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys. The thought of drinking straight vodka today really turns me off. My AV has left me alone--- I just hope and pray I can continue on this great life. Again i couldn't have done it without you guys. thank you

soberjim 03-26-2013 08:21 AM

Thanks Grace...I meant Thread not Threat! My mistake!

Jim

Grace2 03-26-2013 11:54 AM

Back again, 10 minutes then home time for me.

Wow, Matthew I'm impressed, I never thought I'd see you write that you may try A.A, nothing to lose if you do have you? Have you been to your Doctors at all and had a chat to him? Bet he could give you some useful numbers other than A,A.

Babs you're doing great, past the 3 week mark now and marching towards the 30 days, stay focused and stick close. We're all walking this walk together.

Ha ha Jim, I know, I was only kidding you.

Laters

Gx

stevie88 03-26-2013 01:26 PM

Hey under 30's hows it hanging???....Just thought I would pop in and say hello....110 days sober for me today and I have just mentioned in my August class that I'm working a good job now and earning good money and that none of this would have been possible 110 days ago.....I'm so glad that I have managed to break free from the daily chore of hitting the booze shop first thing in the morning and then drinking my way through 15/20 pints of beer everyday.....All I wanna say is keep up the good work and if I can do it then so can anyone.....Take care....Steve...

tootsl1 03-26-2013 03:08 PM

Jim, you have done so well I hope you are proud of yourself, you deserve to be. As Grace says, you are well on the way now to your next big number!
Matthew, I am glad you are looking for other ways to make it work this time, and having your wife's support and understanding will help no end. There is a friends and family forum on here I'd you think it may help her?
Steve, thank you for your timely success story, it helps me to keep focussed on what I want from life
MrsS, are you around today?
Babs, just 7 little days to your first month, yay!

Be strong, be safe, be sober

Grace2 03-26-2013 03:10 PM

Hi Unders, again.

Steve is one of my August class mates and I can vouch for what he's saying there. Listen to what he's saying, if he can do it, if I can do it, you can all do it.

Off to bed shortly so goodnight

Sleep well.

Gxx

walkingwithgod 03-26-2013 03:13 PM

I came home and did some yard work. Now I'm relaxing and happy to be sober.

EternalQ 03-26-2013 05:42 PM

Steve and Jim,
The achievements of you both made me cry tonight.
I have seen you both struggle and try so hard.
Sobriety is the gift that keeps on giving ...and you gave a gift to me today with your posts.. Thank you.

Grace2 03-27-2013 05:11 AM

12.05 Wed

Good afternoon Unders

Looks like we're in for a white Easter here, it's snowing thick and fast!

Jim & Steve I reiterate every word E.Q says there.

WWG, that was a good plan then, I know you like cooking too, so that's another thing you could get stuck into when you get home from work. Get your little girl to help you, she'll love it.

Stay safe, sober and clean.

Gxx

Just for today, I will not hate.
Just for today, I will forgive the one who hurt me

walkingwithgod 03-27-2013 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Grace2 (Post 3883834)
12.05 Wed

Good afternoon Unders

Looks like we're in for a white Easter here, it's snowing thick and fast!

Jim & Steve I reiterate every word E.Q says there.

WWG, that was a good plan then, I know you like cooking too, so that's another thing you could get stuck into when you get home from work. Get your little girl to help you, she'll love it.

Stay safe, sober and clean.

Gxx

Just for today, I will not hate.
Just for today, I will forgive the one who hurt me

Good idea Grace. I love to cook, and I now can expand my menu. Also happy that I have a few extra dollars today to go out to lunch with a buddy at work, and then to the Comic Book Store. I spent so much on booze, but I have to move on from that regret. Stay Blessed Friends.

Grace2 03-27-2013 06:01 AM

That's good WWG, just don't make it a liquid lunch!!

Gxx