Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 4

Old 03-17-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

Good Morning Marchers!
Day 14 begins.....and Ive woken with The Mother and Father of headaches...sods law I guess.
Have a great Sunday everybody
Mick
Old 03-17-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Day 6 begins, I can almost grasp that first week sober. Slept like a tranquilised horse once again. Loads of work to do today, but my football team (newcastle) play later so I shall give myself a break for that.

Have a great sober day all. Bacon, egg, sausages, beans and hash browns for breakfast for this one

Beagle
Old 03-17-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I am back. I could go in to details but why bother. you all know from your own experiences. let me paraphrase.... first drink.. not enough.. sneeak doubles...blackout...what happened..

hope you will have me back. Thought I could control it. Didnt. Lesson learnt. Feel like s*** Dee you were right Av voice is BS. I wanted to do it.

Grateful for this site. Wont be doing it again......... Sorry for letting you all down. Day one again
Old 03-17-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Quick morning check-in, cus I'm heading out.

Crumbs. Lots of new posts, will catch up later.

Day 17
Old 03-17-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

You've not let anyone down Snaggle, we wouldn't be addicts if this was easy. All of us are here for you in this thread no matter what. You've certainly helped me to stay sober in my early days with your posts.

Coming right back here shows how strong and determined you really are.

Take care
Beagle
Old 03-17-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning snaggle
You let nobody down....great that you are here...take your time!!
Mick x
Old 03-17-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey Snaggle, big hugs.

Welcome back
Old 03-17-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thank you Beagle and Mick. I feel like c**p today. It was not worth it. I felt so much happier when not drinking and I want that feeling back. Last night I was on a 'mission'. I had to do it. I read all of your posts offering help and I still went ahead. Drink is an effing demon. Then again, was it the drink, or me? I had the choice - so I blame myself - no-one made me do it.

Anyway, I am sorry now, and am back on day 1. This feeling will pass. I am going away tomorrow for a few days but will be on here. I am looking forward to a relaxing few days, alcohol free. Take care everyone xxx
Old 03-17-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Morning Snaggle, great you're back so quickly! Be gentle with yourself, rest up, hydrate and carry on with us
Old 03-17-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks Jim - I am glad to be back. You are all fantastic and forgiving. I feel like I dont deserve it. Anyway, no more self pity - things to do etc.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Posted before I saw your post, Snaggle. Have a good trip! x
Old 03-17-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks bepresent - I needed to get back asap. I thought I would be ok, having 'just a couple' . Ha ha - NOT. Need all your support now more than ever - this site is so helpful to me.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Aw Snaggle, glad you're still here. Us?? Let down?? It could be anyone of us on here tomorrow starting back at Day 1 - if we're lucky. I just thank you for sharing with us and for coming back. Be gentle with yourself - this is some difficult stuff.

As a matter of fact you just may very well have saved me from drinking today. I have been struggling with the thought in the back of my mind ... it's St. Paddy's day, going to a magnificent game in this gorgeous South Florida weather and I want to relax with my friends. There, I said it. BUT you reminded me that I won't enjoy it and I'll feel like crap tomorrow so hoping for the best.

No argument - just can't drink. Period.

I want to wake up with a clear head so I can ride my amazing horse Monday morning. That is much more rewarding than any night of partying.

I hope the rest of you are having a nice Sunday. Mr. Beagle, you shame me as I had cold cheerios for b'fast. Not very inspiring. BUT one of the perks of sobriety for me is that I can actually enjoy the brunch we will be attending later today. Made excuses when I was drinking as to why I wasn't eating - and it is a glorious spread!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi Duffster
Have a great day and stay strong....you know it makes sense!! LOL
Mick
Old 03-17-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks Duffster. Glad to help. At least something positive from last night. And everyone if you could see me now it would be enough to put you off period lol
Old 03-17-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Snaffle, glad you came right back here. Can I ask you something? When you were drinking, did part of you see us here? Did it mess up your drinking? Im hoping it really did because that in and of itself is a good tool... having a bunch of sober SR friends in your head.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

If I ever learn to type well on the iPhone it would say Snaggle lol.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Glad your are back Snaggle, don't be too hard on yourself, we have all been there and as Dufster said any of us could be here tomorrow starting day 1 (hopefully not of course).

Take the positive, you now have re-confirmed you cannot drink!

---

Start of day 7 here, real emotional rollacoaster yesterday for me emotionally, anger for no reason numbness, boredom, felt like just going away to die (not literally but trust you know what i mean)

Decided I must set my alarm last night because the meds have been knocking me out for the night and I feel like crap on a morning.

Woke up turned it off and fell straight back to sleep 11:30 I finally woke up feeling like I havnt slept at all.

No matter waking up feeling like this is nothing new but at least it's not because of drink.

Last day of meds today, sooo looking forward to tomorrow without them!

Carry on marching on!

Love and hugs to all

AoS
Old 03-17-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Snaggle that was very nearly me and it could have been any of us xxx

Toots it has all melted!! I love Bournemouth, I'm in a sleepy village nearer Weymouth. Everyone drinks too much in this village, life revolves around the local pub unfortunately.

I'm off to work thank heavens, it keeps me sane, never thought I would say that!!

My complexion must be improving... A patient thought I was 26 yesterday, then another asked if I had left school yet!! Admittedly, they were both very elderly, possibly confused and likely with poor vision, but every little helps, lol :-))) xxx
Old 03-17-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

To Snaggle and anyone else who is struggling today: Duffster said it perfectly that it could have been anyone one of us writing your post today. I give you so much credit for coming on here and posting. When I drink, I stay as far from SR as possible. Maybe that is why I have had so many relapses in the past 18 months. Beating yourself up over it does no good, just learn from it and move on. We are here for you

Day 17 for me. Years ago, St Patrick's day would have been a huge trigger for me. But that was back when I lived near friends that I drank with and I was mostly a social drinker.

Yesterday I was at a school function with my kids most of the day. Embarrassed to admit, but I thought of this alot yesterday, there have been quite a few years that I went to this same school function pretty buzzed. I think I hide it pretty well when I need to, but who knows. It's so hard to think of myself as "that person" who drinks before a function like this (it's families and kids, AND my job) but I feel I need to say it to someone and just admit it so I am...here. Over the years I went from a social drinker, to someone who drinks before non-drinking, family events or alone out of her bedroom closet. Ugh. I know I'm not a bad person, even though it makes me sound like one- addiction just sucks and I never want to go back there again..

Here's to a sober (coffee cup in hand) Sunday ...