Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 4

Old 03-16-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Beautiful photo, Marcher!

Shoes, I saw the Omen and the two (?) follow-ups. Starred Gregory Peck, if I remember correctly. I thought they were good. So sorry to hear about your parents. Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease for those left behind to deal with parents with that. You are a good person, Shoes, for making sure your parents were well taken care of. It's hard to watch. I have several friends who have been through it.

I had a good and quiet day! I've logged Day 1 in my calendar and am going to quit counting for a bit but can always go back and figure it out. And yes, I will post if I were to slip again.

Have a good night, all!

Sassy
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

why not try posting before hand if you find yourself in the same predicament again Sas? (and anyone else)

I know our inner addict hates that idea - it would much prefer us to log in after - but you know what - that inner addict is a jerk.

I know the keyboard will probably feel like it weighs a 100 pounds, but this place saved me many times - why not let the gang here help you save yourself too?

D
Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

woke up feeling mighty down today, don't know why?? But went for a nice long run in the wind and rain, (feels like winter here, Marcher) crazy I know, but it fit my mood and made me feel better.
Just reading through 6 pages!!! of catch up posts has made me feel better too. Well done guys on your new days, Sassy and Olbadi good to see you are both straight back at it.
Going to go and lay in a nice hot bath now and read the Power of Now.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Dee, you are the BEST. I wonder at your patience sometimes.
Thank you for understanding about the 100 lb keyboard
and also I love your latest signature line.
I guess it was St Francis who said it, but I never read that one before, so I guess thanks to you AND him.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Good morning, Chanty!
I trust the day will get incrementally better for you.

Shoes, I had a wonderful boss once who taught me many lessons. One of which was, "Guilt is useless." She believed remorse was appropriate in some circumstances, but only if there was something to be gained from that experience. Seems to me you did nothing requiring guilt OR remorse. Coulda shoulda woulda - how could you have known? You are a good egg.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Dee, my plan is always to post before ... but I haven't made it yet so far. Hope I won't need to this time! I think I've gotten closer to posting before each time so I'm making slow progress.

S

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
why not try posting before hand if you find yourself in the same predicament again Sas? (and anyone else)

I know our inner addict hates that idea - it would much prefer us to log in after - but you know what - that inner addict is a jerk.

I know the keyboard will probably feel like it weighs a 100 pounds, but this place saved me many times - why not let the gang here help you save yourself too?

D
Old 03-16-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
great to hear 360. My grandmother was 20 years ago now and I wish I'd have been sober - but it is what it is.

welcome back Feenix. Do whatever you have to to make this a permanent thing

D
------------- Aussie break for weather discussion ----------------------
Heya Dee: two fan day eh? The cold of Tasmania/Victoria has made it's way into New South Wales, it's only 19C at the moment. Not a two fan day here, it's a cardigan day!

<<---- Dee << ---- Marcher
------------- end of weather discussion ----------------------

Bit of a big day here people. I volunteer/admin on a forum where we've had some software problems lately. Today I've been working on the server and forum software trying to fix those problems. My only computer background for this is teaching and looking after high school computers thirteen years ago. I am stoked to tell you that this middle aged ex-teacher has a sharp clear mind for doing this work today! It's not all fixed yet but we are on the way.

Stay strong Marchers.

BTW: I wonder what the other month classes call themselves? Mayers? October-ers? We got the best month!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
New and learning

We DO have the best month for names! I am finally all packed.....it's hard to pack for a month! And read all dozen pages or more to catch up.

Glad to hear so many reporting in....good, bad or whatever. Especially those who slipped up.......no better place to come right back to than us!

I must get some sleep......I get up in 4 hours! Hoping to read and type more while in the airport tomorrow, before 30 days away!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

More like this Marcher lol

D
Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Too cold here Marcher and Dee, after the hot spell of over 32C for 9 days, it feels freezing!! Not looking forward to winter. Glad your getting some sun Dee!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone!! Day 9 for me.

A well rested sleep for me, back is still aching but it's more a dull ache. Luckily it didn't wake me or I would be in a bad mood... and that is unacceptable to me at the moment. I am in a good place, the best possible place - I do not have time or the energy to be in a crumby mood.

Onwards and upwards my fellow Marchers!!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone!

Well since I slept yesterday morning till 3:30 in the afternoon again I fell a sleep at 10:30pm till 4am not bad. Damn it no nap today.... if so 1 hour with alarm set. Having a nice cup of coffee, feeling great with another sober day and catching up on reading post. Have a great day everyone!

clight
Old 03-17-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 3 again.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Welcome back, Jimuk - I was thinking yesterday I hadn't seen you for a while. So glad you're back with us!

I felt like I had a bit a breakthrough last night, like was Dee was describing. I'be been really hearing my AV for a few days and, while not planning to drink that night, was pondering the more medium- to long-term situation for myself. Anyway, I started looking through a book I have called 'Controlling your drinking', which is all setting goals and not letting your blood alcohol level go over a certain point. As I read, I thought, 'This actually sounds like true misery - being so enslaved by a substance that you have to keep doing all of these calculations.' And in my heart, I know I wouldn't stick to the guidelines because I've tried it and never done it before.... Anyway, I feel a renewed commitment to sobriety, which feels good.

Last night I watched 'Run the Sahara' - if you haven't seen it, do! It's so inspirational; three guys run an average of almost 50 miles a day in the searing heat of the desert. The support they have for each other is amazing, and so is what they accomplish physically.

Sending out good thoughts for a sober Sunday to all you amazing sober Marchers x
Old 03-17-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

It's snowing heavily here in sleepy dorset, I would ordinarily use it as an excuse to make mulled wine, so instead I'm eating toast!!
Hope everyone is ok? Xxx
Old 03-17-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Morning all - no snow in this bit of the UK thankfully. I've been lying in bed, no hangover, listening to the kids playing and singing and not wishing they'd be quiet. Must be time now for decaff coffee, ironing, messing about and then out for a meal with friends this lunchtime - thankfully it's friends who don't drink and I'm happy to drive us all there and back.

Dee, I have to say, you advice "just take drinking off the table" is the simplest and finest way to deal with the issue of not drinking for me. Every time I read it it hits me how wise it is. x
Old 03-17-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Daisy I wish I could send you some of my jam for your toast -- there is lime marmalade, apricot and strawberry. No fancy labels tho' I just handwrite them.

I hope it's a good day for all of you fellow Marchers, I'm off to bed after a long Sunday at the computer. I have a headache and a sore bum but I'm sober.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeedMySavior View Post
I must get some sleep......I get up in 4 hours! Hoping to read and type more while in the airport tomorrow, before 30 days away!
Go well NMS, we'll be saving your seat on the bus and looking forward to seeing you in April. Hugs.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Marcher do you make your own jam? I love jam - I had plain toast because I've run out of everything, peanut butter, marmite (Vegemite I think you have, a poor substitute ;-) ) and no jam :-(
Old 03-17-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I love marmite! Marcher u should change your name to Martha (stewart)!! Lol
Away to make bacon & eggs yum! Snow in dorset? I used to live in bournemmouth. Not even snowing in fife!!