Notices

Class of March 2013 part 3

Old 03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I had a dream last night I was married to Ellie Goulding. It's probably why I slept in this morning.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Snaggle - aren't you from Ireland? I always picture you as this beautiful Irish girl with gorgeous skin. That was a great idea on taking some pictures...kind of a before and after. I'm going to do that.
Shoes - thanks but even if I had ever been lucky enough to have your typical irish complexion I would have ruined it by now anyway lol. I'm more dark blond short hair not the long fiery red you might imagine! I took pictures that first morning cos I really did look tired and drawn. I wanted it to remind me of how I look after a heavy night AND hopefully someway down the line to show me if I have improved.

Have a great weekend whatever you're doing. Love the shoes btw. I could never wear anything like that - even sober. Would break my ankle lol xx
Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
sober date 4th march 2013

LOL sleeping jimjim??
I would be comatose!!
Mick
Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

i agree
glad its raining and cold
use as excuse
Old 03-15-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Obladi and Snaggle, i have to tell you both, you absolutely made my day!!!! in 34 years old, and fair skinned with freckles. my skin has been on a slow decline the past few years. red blotches, dry, uneven tone. THIS WILL GET BETTER???!!!!!! lets keep each other posted on the improvements!!!!!

i have to say, i woke up on edge. took melatonin last night, which was AWESOME. but woke up shaky and very anxious. after a nice brisk walk, the shaky feeling is gone. as i am pretty out of shape from all the lounging around and drinking wine every night, it was a short walk, but its a start. longer one tomorrow.

something ive found very helpful at bedtime that i want to share, my phone has utube on it, ive been listening to "eckart Tolle" every night at bedime. very soothing voice, very calming, and gives a whole new perspective on life. highly recommended to all with the anxiety and shot nerves like i have. he also has audio books which are incredible.

i have to say, i think the first 3 days were the worst, i feel like im starting to even out a bit.

lastly, my routine every night after work was sitting on the computer drinking my wine. i was thinking... ill have to give my computer away or not use it for a while. now, when i sit at my computer after work, it is on here, and has turned out to be the opposite. you guys have been a HUGE help and i cant wait to keep each other updated on all of our progress!!!!

okay, so ive seen a lot of amazing inspirational quotes. ive been wanting to share one as well, this is my current background wallpaper on my computer. here goes

------the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step
Old 03-15-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

YTF
Good decision
Mick
Old 03-15-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I love the rewards, Obladi! I too shall be printing them out for constant reference.

I had such a wonderful evening last night. Social functions are always particularly difficult for me as I tend to be quite shy and have social anxiety. I've been relying on alcohol as my crutch to get me through social situations for many many years so I am having to relearn how to handle myself in social situations. I was ready to bag the whole evening but decided to go because I knew the kids would have fun and I knew that some of my close friends would be there.

The truth is that even if I were not sober I very well might not have been drinking at this party because husband wasn't going and I had the kids. One line I have never crossed is driving drunk with the boys in the car. Since I can't have just one I likely would have abstained, but I would have been obsessing about it all evening. Wishing I could have a drink, resenting everyone else drinking, you know the chatter. I would have been miserable and would have bailed early so I could go home and drink. The thing that made last night so enjoyable for me is this: I knew I couldn't drink so I wouldn't/didn't. Again, so simple but WOW!

So once again, Dee, thank you, thank you, thank you for those words of advice. They have freed me from the obsession. Alcohol was a non-issue for me last night. That is the first time in 20 years that I can say that. And the result was amazing - it freed me to focus on the people there and to be me.

Congratulations to everyone on this thread! Whether on Day 1 or Day 30 -- you all amaze me
Old 03-15-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Just come across this quote in a book I am reading and thought it was apt with regards our quest for sobriety

"I never ran 1000 miles.I could never have done that. I ran one mile 1000 times."

Stu Mittleman World Record Holder for ultra-distance running
Old 03-15-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hey Bumble. That's exactly how I felt that one day in between the 2 weeks. I didn't even enjoy it while I was drinking it! I'm not pushing my luck and doing that again but it did turn out to be a huge reminder. I was sick drinking it, was sick paying the bill for it, and was sick the day after. That's a lot of sick. I remember thinking that day there just isn't anything good about this..nada, zippo, nothing. If I took away all the grape taste, sweetner, hops, and everything else they add to alcohol to make it so you can gag it down it would be no different than drinking rubbing alcohol. I'll just stick to the parts that actually taste good and leave the alcohol to the chemists to do something productive with it.

Thanks Northlander - I'll need a bigger closet. I know, I just restate the old liquor cabinet and wine racks for shoe storage. They have no other use now. I'm happy for you and your day 15.

Thanks Obladi, I just tried to give you a but I think my ipad doesn't like cooperating. I'll keep at or try my laptop. Hope you like bananas. They are good for you and have potassium
Old 03-15-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

OMG there is a dancing banana!!! Hahahaha
Old 03-15-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

360 shoes---A DANCING BANNANA---AWH HA HA HA HA HA HA
Make my day or what !!!! I loved it.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi folks I thought I would drop in and have a wee chat
Trachemys well done on week one, I am back on day one, well, I'm thru day one and into day two I managed up to day 30 in January, when I let AV hijack me and ended back at square one for a few weeks. I am back now and checking out as many threads and forums as I can to keep focussed
Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

D'OH do I feel an eeejit jus realised I read page one but posted on page seventeen. A quick look thru & I couldn't see anything from Trachymis, but good to see Obladi is still around!
Trust me I am not always this dense!!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs1234 View Post
Clight---it's 12 days for me today also. I'm excited and things are going very well and thanks to all the marchers for the support. I appreciate each and everyone of you.
Babs........ hand down Congrats with 12 days! We can do it!

clight
Old 03-15-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi Tootsl1,
Trachymis is around but I think the big T has some stuff to do so we may have to live without his zingers for a few days. Trachy is an all out hoot.

Welcome to the group!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good evening to all! Hope you've all had a lovely day, morning, afternoon, evening - whichever applies to you.

Just checking in as day 7 draws to a close and I am EXHAUSTED!! I can hardly keep my eyes open but I've felt like that all day at work. Extreme tiredness has just slapped me around the face after high energy all week.

Still feeling great though... and happy... I feel more in control of my sobriety than I did yesterday. Thoughts crept in again this afternoon but just like yesterday I reminded myself that drinking is not an option, what else is there? I really feel like I'm crushing a lifelong habit. I've been pulled out of this nasty rut I was trapped in for so long. The last time I achieved a week of being sober I knew deep down I wasn't going to make it, my heart wasn't in it. This time I am all in 100%, something just feels different. I really honestly do now want to go back to my old life.

Reading all your wonderful post reaffirms that and keeps me motivated. Thank you all.

Congratulations to everyone else on another day done. To those just starting out - dive right in and never look back!!!

I'm off to zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 03-15-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Today I woke up to a PM from someone here that put a smile on my face and made me feel like my heart is coming back instead of always being a grouch. Thank you my friend for that you made my day and anytime you pm me I will do anything to make you move on to another day sober. Kind words go a long way so, TY! I want to say to all of us March errs because there are so many of us..... we can do it and congrats to all! This site is amazing with so many that have been there with there advice and I absorb all there advice so TY!

By the way today is Friday, right? Well it is just a day of the week so don't let this day or Saturday be the day to regret in the morning. So many things to do SOBER on the weekend. So lets all take it a day at a time. WE ROCK! Remember in my eyes 2nd place is the first loser and I, we need to stay in first place. Hugs to all of you and have a great SOBER weekend.

clight
Old 03-15-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Goodnight James
Love your attitude....it rocks
Mick
Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi Clight
Thanks Clight, great post
Take drink away as an option and it really doesnt matter which day of the week it is!!
Mick
Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hey Elizabethmarie. That's a good idea. Obladi let's compare notes on how our complexion improves. don't laugh everyone. It a great incentive!! I am only coming to the end of day 3 so not much to report yet how r u getting on? Xx