Notices

Class of March 2013

Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Class of March 2013

Hey everyone.

I hope it's ok for me to start the thread. Here is a thread for anyone quitting alcohol and or drugs in March 2013.

As an habitual failure I would like to take the opportunity to start a group and offer support to those starting out. I'm 29 years old and I've been killing myself physically, spiritually and socially for almost ten years, which resulted in me hitting a real low point. I have been trying to quit, everyday for almost a year now. My life is a wreck on all levels. Through drink I've lost my fiancee and my medical career, which I have trained in for four years and is yet to start, it's currently on pause with optimistic thoughts of it starting. I'm depressed, I live in a bedsit, I have jack. I need this. Let's do this together. Please. I need to rid this demon from my back.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just edited a little and added a little...but thanks Jim.

I really hope you,& everyone else who joins, can make March your month

D
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I'm In. I hope to base my sobriety this month on helping others this March. I need this and I really need some friends. I'm hoping to embrace this group.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sick of reading my own drivel man. Since I have started this, I want to build on it. Come all ye
Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Jim, I'm with you, lets make March our month.
I'm on day 1 again, which I am ashamed to admit here since it is my third day 1 since I have started posting on SR. Considered not posting again, but I need to do this. I feel I am on the verge of succeeding, I have had more sober days than not in the last two weeks and managed to stop drinking after half a bottle last night. My dad is an alcoholic, I've held his hand on life support, I have seen him ruin two marriages, seen him lose his sons, and now he has brain damage from when he fell hard one night. You think this would be enough to make me quit, but it hasn't, the only thing is, is that I now understand him. I always thought why doesn't he just quit. I didn't realize how hard it is. Any how enough rambling, I don't want to follow in his foot steps. I want to quit today.
I am looking forward to this journey with all of you who make March your month :-)
Old 02-28-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm in, Jim. Actually, I quit Monday after too much of a party weekend. I quit before back in July but I let the alcohol back in my life. So far so good this time around.

I'm a Chardonnay wino - I never have liked any other booze much- but I like white wine way too much.

My Addictive Voice shows up around 4pm but I know if I beat it back until 6:30 I will have a sober day. The weekend makes me nervous- our neighborhood is very social. Our friends cruise around on their golf carts looking for the party and it is usually at our house. I need a plan to be successful.

Good luck and God bless!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Chanty

Welcome to the thread.

You are not rambling. That's the point is it not, You can see where drinking brings you yet you continue on the same path. I'm guilty too.

For me it's the same. You have seen others make the mistake, you know what you are doing, where it will lead, but you will do it over and over again. For me, that defines my problem.

But, I am here because you have the same problem as me. ~We need to stop this cycle.

I am a mess myself at the ,moment. But I know that there are others that are in the same situation as me and I hope we can make it together, I really need some friends.

Good to have you here too Micmac.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Jim, thanks for listening, its good to have someone to go through this with. We can break this cycle!!

Micmac, I like the chardy too, same as you 4.30 - 6 ish is my time, that's why I'm writing this now, trying very hard to ignore that voice which is telling me to crack a nice cold bottle on such a gorgeous summer night.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Just wanted to drop by and wish the new class well on their journey. God Speed! You can do this.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I almost blew my 14 days yesterday but hung on some how. I need to stay quit or I will never get to know if 2 months sober will bring down my recently elevated liver enzymes.
I told my friends and family that I gave up beer for Lent when in fact I got the call from the Dr's nurse that morning about my health issues and that is why I am really trying to do this. 30+ years of drinking is taking its toll : (
Maybe I should get drunk this morning and start new with all of you March Madness people... only kidding.
Good luck to all of you and thanks for starting this thread with a very inspirational post.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy March! I love new months, and I plan to make this a whole new beginning. I have been down this road before and have relapsed and given up more times than I have been successful over the past two years, but I am not giving up. One thing I plan to do differently this time, is to reach out on SR more often. I know that I need the support, and sometimes simply reading isn't enough. Like you, Chanty, I consider not posting because I feel like I sound like a broken record and the whole success/failure cycle. But we are all here because we all "get it", some of us much more than others with years of recovery under their belt.
4:30-6ish is my time as well. I have found that not letting myself be hungry helps ALOT.

I did drink last night, but there is no alcohol in my house and it's going to stay that way. I, too, need all the help I can get. I have felt sobriety and it feels amazing, I want it back again.

Looking forward to a sober March with all of you
Old 03-01-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm back...and I'm in for March.
I had a very successful sober run from Oct-Dec last year which ended when a close family member passed away. I used that as an excuse to go back to drinking. Since then I've had a couple days here and there of not drinking but that's all.

After waking up this morning ashamed of what I did last night--nothing horrible--but it could have been, as well stupid drunken texting I realized I am absolutely tired of this once and for all.

Repeating the same stupid behavior over and over is ridiculous and I'm so tired of myself.
I threw out all my wine and my wine glasses! I'm done. Why oh why do we keep doing this to ourselves?
Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good Morning JimJim ~ I would love to join in.......we all have unbelievable amounts of shame and guilt we carry around 24/7, yet we qustion "why" we can't stop?!?! I am going on almost a week now and I have found so much support in this site, it has given me the courage to push on, and stop the cylcle.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you all
Hope everyone has a great day

D
Old 03-01-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am in! Today is a new day one. That said I just had almost 13 days sober before a very minor relapse, so I am pretty used to sober life and enjoying it. The relapse was small but it sucked and was a good reminder of why I quit. I almost don't count it, but I want to be totally honest in my recovery, so I am restarting my day count.

Welcome all March people!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Today is day 1 for me. Happy to be a part of the group.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

I AM DEFINITELY IN! I am happy to be here. Let us make March be the month with no excuses or set backs we can do this! March 2013 is the month for us. My plan for this month is to be here daily and to be with all of you and no one else but my family. So month of March..... daily exercise, here and my family and that's it! I will be on daily from 4 pm to 6 pm. Great post Jim
Old 03-01-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'll join...this is my Day 4. We can do this!!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

i need to be a part of this too. like jim said, i've done a lot of stupid things and made big mistakes, but i need forgiveness. i feel i need peace & forgiveness today, just to get started.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

What's everyone's plans today? My biggest trigger is mornings and mental illness and paranoia. Going to also work this month on ignoring the paranoid voice and the whoa is me crap and realize I am safe and life goes on and is worth engaging in. Instead of pacing in a corner at the playground worrying about stupid unlikely disasters, I am going to talk to people and have fun, then take my son to lunch. And we have a great day planned for tomorrow, then Sunday I work. Kicking the mental crap is harder for me than kicking the booze, but I believe I can do it.